2022 Army game bought out (merged)

Let’s get something straight I was an Army Officer and you are not “required” to get a Masters Degree to become a Major, besides the Army War College (which is for senior Commanders, Lt. Cols., Cols., Etc.) lol 😂
My brother is a West Point grad and a retired O6
I was a drafted grunt.
My dad fought at Iwo Jima. When the war ended his CO told him they wanted to make him an officer. He said, Sir, I wouldn't stay in if you made me a general.

Wow, Losers? Seriously? Wish people show a little more respect towards the service academy’s. Seriously calling these guys losers who probably have 2 times your SAT score, will serve our country for 5 years minimum after graduation and likeli deploy overseas. Plus there isn’t any 350 lb lineman on these teams as all have to meet height weight and fitness requirements of all cadets and midshipman.

And yes I’m an Annapolis grad. Ran XC and track and we came down and ran against UT every year. We were pretty dang competitive in distance running back then (team was 7th national in XC my senior year ) Army captain of thier XC team in 1991 was a stud and got killed in a training exercise after leaving West Point. Aaron Pogue was his name.

Not true. They have changed the standard for all service academies. Football Players do not have to abide by the height and weight requirements anymore. They have a period of time after they graduate to get back to where they need to be.

Army was the last to do this which is why they are finally coming on as a pretty good team.

Reactions: Volatility
Well I'll be. For my entire life, I thought both were west of the river. I actually spent a few years in the mid to late 80s working in the delta area of Louisiana. Neat places like Waterproof, Transylvania, St. Joseph, Winnsboro, Lake Providence, Ferriday, etc. all west of the river.

Regardless, I stand corrected. And embarrassed. I'm normally pretty good with geography.

I was in BR the same time. Traveled the entire state from Shreveport to Houma. Enjoyed living there but I knew it could never be home. Left in ‘87. I enjoy visiting but never regretted gettting out.

Reactions: GroverCleveland
I was in BR the same time. Traveled the entire state from Shreveport to Houma. Enjoyed living there but I knew it could never be home. Left in ‘87. I enjoy visiting but never regretted gettting out.

Yeah, it is a different world there. I stopped working in that area in '88.

Not true. They have changed the standard for all service academies. Football Players do not have to abide by the height and weight requirements anymore. They have a period of time after they graduate to get back to where they need to be.

Army was the last to do this which is why they are finally coming on as a pretty good team.

It is not after they graduate. There is some allowance for these athletes during season and they can substitute running for bike, etc… On physical fitness test but right after graduation they have to be ready to move on for training in whatever specialty they are going into whether that be flight school or marines, etc…. I went Marines afte Annapolis and all officers go through 6 months of training at Quantico. One could graduate and get commissioned and be in a TBS class as early as June.

But regardless the person I relied to said that the guys at Army were Losers. Well I spent 4 years saying Beat ARMY , and been saying it almost 30 years now but will say those guys and gals are not losers. And honestly if ticks me off if UT left Army hanging by cancelling a game. That’s just not a good at all.

Reactions: Rooster1
It is not after they graduate. There is some allowance for these athletes during season and they can substitute running for bike, etc… On physical fitness test but right after graduation they have to be ready to move on for training in whatever specialty they are going into whether that be flight school or marines, etc…. I went Marines afte Annapolis and all officers go through 6 months of training at Quantico. One could graduate and get commissioned and be in a TBS class as early as June.

But regardless the person I relied to said that the guys at Army were Losers. Well I spent 4 years saying Beat ARMY , and been saying it almost 30 years now but will say those guys and gals are not losers. And honestly if ticks me off if UT left Army hanging by cancelling a game. That’s just not a good at all.

Well when I was an Army Officer we had one of them come to our unit as a Summer Training program and he was an Offensive lineman. Who trust me wouldn’t of passed height and weight.

Also if you go look at their current roster they have plenty of 280 guys and a handful of 300+ OL. They have the entire time after the Season as Seniors to get to the weight they need to be at and they are provided a nutritionist who helps them do this properly.

With the difference in the payouts, it's basically a wash for us. This program needs wins. We need to do everything we can to help recruiting because about all we're bringing in at the moment is 3 stars and we're not going to beat many SEC teams with 3 stars.

OP "formed" his question from a far-right-wing website trolling for clicks.

UT football isn't scared of Army football. It's just more faux anti-military fear-mongering.

Screen Shot 2021-09-24 at 9.33.25 PM.png

With the difference in the payouts, it's basically a wash for us. This program needs wins. We need to do everything we can to help recruiting because about all we're bringing in at the moment is 3 stars and we're not going to beat many SEC teams with 3 stars.

Army would be an easy win. Akron is too without the fear of getting chop blocked to death.

Army would be an easy win. Akron is too without the fear of getting chop blocked to death.
You do realize Akron's head coach is also going to use this for motivation. We could end up with another 2007 Wyoming, 2010 UAB, 2013 South Alabama or 2019 Georgia State on our hands. Just don't complain if Akron keeps it close or if they actually win.

You do realize Akron's head coach is also going to use this for motivation. We could end up with another 2007 Wyoming, 2010 UAB, 2013 South Alabama or 2019 Georgia State on our hands. Just don't complain if Akron keeps it close or if they actually win.

Lol. Yeah sure thing. This post exemplifies my assertion about idiot fans. We lose to Pitt and now every team in the country can beat us.

Reactions: Rickyvol77
Lol. Yeah sure thing. This post exemplifies my assertion about idiot fans. We lose to Pitt and now every team in the country can beat us.
This post exemplifies my assertion about arrogant and childish fans. You resort to insults when someone is just simply disagreeing with you or pointing out something that could happen based on Tennessee's past play on the field. Everybody is automatically an idiot because they disagree with you? That is some level of tolerance you have there.

What has Tennessee done the past 15 years to make you think we are just going to run over out of conference teams from non Power 5 football conferences? There have been plenty games where these teams played us close and some like Wyoming and Georgia State who have beaten us. Northern Illinois, Appalachian State, Troy, UMass and Ohio have also come into Neyland and played Tennessee close.

I never said anything about Pitt. Why are you even bringing them up in your response? They are an ACC team and ACC teams have beaten SEC teams plenty over the years. I did not like losing to them either but we simply do not have a better team than Pitt right now. I also never trashed our loss to BYU a few years ago as they have had a good, solid program over the past 30 plus years.

Let’s get something straight I was an Army Officer and you are not “required” to get a Masters Degree to become a Major, besides the Army War College (which is for senior Commanders, Lt. Cols., Cols., Etc.) lol 😂
I said an Army officer who REACHES the rank of major is required to get a post grad degree. Otherwise promotion to LTC is blocked.

West Point 85 grad, also former Army officer.

Hahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahah

This post exemplifies my assertion about arrogant and childish fans. You resort to insults when someone is just simply disagreeing with you or pointing out something that could happen based on Tennessee's past play on the field. Everybody is automatically an idiot because they disagree with you? That is some level of tolerance you have there.

What has Tennessee done the past 15 years to make you think we are just going to run over out of conference teams from non Power 5 football conferences? There have been plenty games where these teams played us close and some like Wyoming and Georgia State who have beaten us. Northern Illinois, Appalachian State, Troy, UMass and Ohio have also come into Neyland and played Tennessee close.

I never said anything about Pitt. Why are you even bringing them up in your response? They are an ACC team and ACC teams have beaten SEC teams plenty over the years. I did not like losing to them either but we simply do not have a better team than Pitt right now. I also never trashed our loss to BYU a few years ago as they have had a good, solid program over the past 30 plus years.
“Played us close” just like they do every FBS team including Bama the last 25 years. It’s football. Quit whining about your bromance with the service academies. They are no different than any other midmajor and they don’t matter

“Played us close” just like they do every FBS team including Bama the last 25 years. It’s football. Quit whining about your bromance with the service academies. They are no different than any other midmajor and they don’t matter
I said nothing about the service academies in that post. Reading comprehension is not one of your strong points.

VN Store

Back