2022 Army game bought out (merged)

You didn't see Georgia running away from Paul Johnson's offense. Which is basically the same offense ran at Army now.
It wasn't exactly a game they had a choice in playing. And they absolutely hated that game. Every. Single. Year . . . especially in years where they played in the SECCG the very next week.

There was a Vol fan whining about this on Finebaum yesterday. Said it was a "cowardly" move. I don't GAS. Likely Arkon is easier than Army, but likely we beat Army anyway.

Agree that we can avoid injuries by not playing them, don't see it as a big deal either way.

It wasn't exactly a game they had a choice in playing. And they absolutely hated that game. Every. Single. Year . . . especially in years where they played in the SECCG the very next week.
They very well could take them off the schedule anytime they want. Auburn used to play Georgia Tech every season up until the late 80s or early 90s.

And I never heard Georgia fans say they hated playing Georgia Tech. Some of you guys really like to make up the most ridiculous nonsense in here.

And to top it off some people in here apparently think it's innovative and exciting to play only teams who run the exact same style offense.

They very well could take them off the schedule anytime they want. Auburn used to play Georgia Tech every season up until the late 80s or early 90s.

And I never heard Georgia fans say they hated playing Georgia Tech. Some of you guys really like to make up the most ridiculous nonsense in here.

And to top it off some people in here apparently think it's innovative and exciting to play only teams who run the exact same style offense.

Lol . . . Why would I make that up? It's common knowledge.

Why did we back out of this game? The entire CFB is roasting us for it.

Lets get something straight here. Most Army officers are not West Point graduates, the majority come from the ROTC programs on campuses across the nation. Any Army officer who attains the rank of major is required to complete a post graduate degree as well as the Army war college.

Admittance into any of the service academies is an extremely rigorous process and the academic requirements are on par with the best schools in this country.

Let’s get something straight I was an Army Officer and you are not “required” to get a Masters Degree to become a Major, besides the Army War College (which is for senior Commanders, Lt. Cols., Cols., Etc.) lol 😂

Last edited:
Reactions: Rickyvol77
Let’s get something straight I was an Army Officer and you are not “required” to get a Masters Degree to become a Major, besides the Army War College (which is for senior Commanders, Lt. Cols., Cols., Etc.) lol 😂
Correct me if I'm wrong but Warrant Officers aren't required to have a degree right? I'm not sure how their Warrant Officer program works compared to the Marine Corps. Just thought I would ask.

Arizona State was the first trip west of the Mississippi River Georgia ever took to play a regular season game. The first. In its history. In 2008. Tennessee went to UCLA in 1967. You’re only about 50 years behind.

Thought this a bit odd, as UGA plays in the SEC. And LSU is in the SEC. 1936 in Baton Rouge. Even earlier, Tulane, 1927, in New Orleans.

For Tennessee, against LSU and Tulane: 1926 in Baton Rouge and 1924 in New Orleans respectively.

Yes no one can get into the military 🙄 and all the truly elite minds head there. and also you’re right that Arkansas St and Nevada and other commuter schools are just too much for the average student to aspire for. However I graduated Tennessee which is actually a real school with a real athletics program
Now it’s getting a little embarrassing.

Correct me if I'm wrong but Warrant Officers aren't required to have a degree right? I'm not sure how their Warrant Officer program works compared to the Marine Corps. Just thought I would ask.
That is correct. You do not need college.

Thought this a bit odd, as UGA plays in the SEC. And LSU is in the SEC. 1936 in Baton Rouge. Even earlier, Tulane, 1927, in New Orleans.

For Tennessee, against LSU and Tulane: 1926 in Baton Rouge and 1924 in New Orleans respectively.

Neither LSU stadium or Tulane Stadium is/was west of the Mississippi River

If we are going that far back, we beat Michigan at Michigan in 1965. You are 2 years behind
1967 - At Tulane

Tulane Stadium was not west of the Mississippi River in New Orleans. It was in the Uptown section just east of the Mississippi River. Same for LSUs Tiger Stadium. The Mississippi River is far west of Michigan.

Because we want to and we can. Army has beaten 3 P5 teams in the last 10-12 years. I mean Jesus. They are losers
Wow, Losers? Seriously? Wish people show a little more respect towards the service academy’s. Seriously calling these guys losers who probably have 2 times your SAT score, will serve our country for 5 years minimum after graduation and likeli deploy overseas. Plus there isn’t any 350 lb lineman on these teams as all have to meet height weight and fitness requirements of all cadets and midshipman.

And yes I’m an Annapolis grad. Ran XC and track and we came down and ran against UT every year. We were pretty dang competitive in distance running back then (team was 7th national in XC my senior year ) Army captain of thier XC team in 1991 was a stud and got killed in a training exercise after leaving West Point. Aaron Pogue was his name.

Neither LSU stadium or Tulane Stadium is/was west of the Mississippi River

Well I'll be. For my entire life, I thought both were west of the river. I actually spent a few years in the mid to late 80s working in the delta area of Louisiana. Neat places like Waterproof, Transylvania, St. Joseph, Winnsboro, Lake Providence, Ferriday, etc. all west of the river.

Regardless, I stand corrected. And embarrassed. I'm normally pretty good with geography.

VN Store

Back