2022 Army game bought out (merged)

Scared prolly isn’t the right word but White is definitely trying to buy a win. This roster is gonna be young and inexperienced next year, and unless recruiting picks up big time (which is gonna take big time wins starting with Florida) it will also be less talented. Hoople has to overachieve the rest of this season if he wants a chance in hell of building a roster that can compete in the SEC before his clock runs out.

Reactions: JoAllan and PG1
You mean Notre Dame vs Navy. The fact is Army and Navy were easy wins for teams in the past. Now they are not.

Army and Navy are usually two of the least penalized teams in college football. They are very disciplined and do not make many mistakes. That's one reason why they have improved the past decade.

Just admit it. You don't want Tennessee to play Army anytime soon because there is the chance they might get beat. That's all you got to say.
You don’t read good ? Win or lose it’s a scheme from the 1960s we will never see again.
- practice time lost
- and the primary reason why play a team that relies on cut blocks when u don’t have to?? It’s common sense

Anyone should be scared to play Army of any triple option team. Screw that

You don’t read good ? Win or lose it’s a scheme from the 1960s we will never see again.
- practice time lost
- and the primary reason why play a team that relies on cut blocks when u don’t have to?? It’s common sense
And people like you are scared to play teams who run a different offense than what Tennessee is used to seeing. It's quite sad we have fans like this.

We’ll….Finebaum just took a call on this and said the cancellation was “pathetic.” I know few of us care what PF say but like it or not he is the mouth of the SEC these days.

We’ll….Finebaum just took a call on this and said the cancellation was “pathetic.” I know few of us care what PF say but like it or not he is the mouth of the SEC these days.
He's right. It was pathetic. And very disrespectful to those young men on Army's team who will be serving in our nation's military after their playing days are over.

I’d love to see us play the service academies but I’d rather have a 99% chance of victory playing a no name.
As long as our rivals are doing the same I don’t want to make it harder on us.

I don’t want any part of the service academies……..that triple option does what it’s designed to do: mitigate a raw talent deficit. Seen it happen too many times. Kind of one of those things where nothing to gain with a win but every thing to lose with a loss.

Appreciate our service men and women though!

The general would kick army’s a$$ all over the field and have a beer with them afterwards.

Seriously though, this is kinda shameful. Any chance you get to play one of the service schools, you should.

Army 5 years running:
3-0
9-3
5-8
11-2
10-3

Akron:
1-2
1-5
0-12
4-8
7-7

One is a guaranteed win, one is not, and would be a grind out game before Florida.

A bowl will pay more than 500k…….Tennessee is and has been way down……right now their trying to get bowling again……sounds like priorities are in the right place to me.

It’s not like they don’t already play Bama, Florida, Georgia, LSU and play Pitt non conference.
Pitt and Army in one out of conference stretch. And Army is a lose lose you win people will cry and you will get lineman hurt. Plus you will be beat up.

Reactions: JoAllan
- practice time lost

With all the noise about player safety I don’t know how they have not eliminated this blocking scheme on all plays. Think it is on kicking plays already.

VN Store

Back