2021 Target List

It's been radio silence on Bediako and Houstan recently. I wonder if the staff is putting all of their eggs in the Mutumbo and Smith basket? If so, they must feel good about where they stand then.

I don’t think it’s quiet because nobody is recruiting those guys, I just think they are quieter prospects than others. I think Tennessee is very much recruiting all of those guys still.

Reactions: cardvolfan
Updated...

#4 Jabari Smith - (6'10" PF)
#11 Caleb Houstan (6’8” SF)
#12 Kennedy Chandler (6'1" PG)-COMMITTED
#25 Charles Bediako (6'11" C)
#48/#48 Jahmai Mashack (6’4” SG)-COMMITTED
#50 Micawber Etienne (6'10" C)
#108 Ryan Mutombo (7’ C)
With Mutombo committing tonight and Caleb Houstan releasing his top 4 on Oct 7th and we aren't looking good for either, has anyone heard anything about Etienne?

With Mutombo committing tonight and Caleb Houstan releasing his top 4 on Oct 7th and we aren't looking good for either, has anyone heard anything about Etienne?
It sounds like Jabari Smith and BHH are going to be the main targets as of now...I am sure some other names will pop up going into the spring depending on what happens with those guys. I also wouldn’t be surprised if Tennessee inquired with some ‘22 guys about potential reclassification.

Reactions: Willy14
I am assuming this pared down list has a lot to do with the possibility of Seniors getting an extra year. Is this correct?

I am assuming this pared down list has a lot to do with the possibility of Seniors getting an extra year. Is this correct?

Honestly, I don’t think that has anything to do with it but I’m sure that will be a factor on if we seek new targets should we miss on Smith or BHH.

The pared down list right now is just because we’ve missed on or stopped recruiting several of the original targets like Ingram, Mutumbo, Banchero, etc.

The plan from here on is probably to throw everything at Smith and BHH and if we miss on both of them re-evaluate in the spring. I gotta say though it would legit shock me if we couldn’t find a single elite big man who was interested in pairing with Chandler and Maschack.

Updated...

#4 Jabari Smith - (6'10" PF)
#11 Caleb Houstan (6’8” SF)
#12 Kennedy Chandler (6'1" PG)-COMMITTED
#25 Charles Bediako (6'11" C)
#48/#48 Jahmai Mashack (6’4” SG)-COMMITTED
#50 Micawber Etienne (6'10" C)
#108 Ryan Mutombo (7’ C)
Mutombo committed, Houstan is releasing his top 4 today, Smith is committing on Friday, and Bediako is releasing his top 5 on Saturday according to Tipton edits. It's crazy to think we could be completely out on all of our current 2021 targets by Saturday.

Mutombo committed, Houstan is releasing his top 4 today, Smith is committing on Friday, and Bediako is releasing his top 5 on Saturday according to Tipton edits. It's crazy to think we could be completely out on all of our current 2021 targets by Saturday.
Or have landed our 3rd commitment, 2nd five star and be sitting with the #2 class in the country 🤷🏻‍♂️

Reactions: Willy14
I mean to make me feel better about next year
Well then they’d have next offseason also to make those big strides...but still, if Fulk and Anosike return and Walker gets a year in the program still not sure they’d see big minutes.

That’s without even adding Jabari Smith Jr. ;)

So.......with Jabari Smith headed to Auburn where do we go to fill out the rest of this class? It seems the board has been cleared now. BHH is the only unknown left.

So.......with Jabari Smith headed to Auburn where do we go to fill out the rest of this class? It seems the board has been cleared now. BHH is the only unknown left.
I would rather have a 4 year guy than a transfer but with the grad transfer rule and relaxed transfer rules in general there are a lot of options out there. Barnes has also found guys like Vescovi seemingly out of the blue. UT would have to be an attractive option for some players that want to compete at the highest levels for a championship.

Maybe wait until Friday to completely jump off a cliff?

I'm not jumping off a cliff. What's wrong with asking what the next steps are? I don't think anything is tracking in our favor for Smith, which is disappointing but it's fine. I said in the other thread that I'm still thrilled with the class of Chandler and Maschack.

This is a board for discussion, is it not?

I'm not jumping off a cliff. What's wrong with asking what the next steps are? I don't think anything is tracking in our favor for Smith, which is disappointing but it's fine. I said in the other thread that I'm still thrilled with the class of Chandler and Maschack.

This is a board for discussion, is it not?
As of 30 minutes against Rob Lewis was still saying he’s leaning Tennessee as the pick, I understand that a couple others are predicting Auburn, but just as quick as UGA came and went same could happen with Auburn. What’s clear is that as of 3:30pm the staff hadn’t been told by Smith he wasn’t coming here, so I wouldn’t completely mark him off and move on is all I’m saying.

As of 30 minutes against Rob Lewis was still saying he’s leaning Tennessee as the pick, I understand that a couple others are predicting Auburn, but just as quick as UGA came and went same could happen with Auburn. What’s clear is that as of 3:30pm the staff hadn’t been told by Smith he wasn’t coming here, so I wouldn’t completely mark him off and move on is all I’m saying.

Alright, fair enough. I guess I shouldn't wave the white flag just yet, but with Rob Lewis being the only one hinting that Tennessee could be the pick and every other outlet seeming confident in Auburn, the disconnect just seems odd.

Alright, fair enough. I guess I shouldn't wave the white flag just yet, but with Rob Lewis being the only one hinting that Tennessee could be the pick and every other outlet seeming confident in Auburn, the disconnect just seems odd.
You’re acting like it’s 45 people making projections...McDonald had UGA, went UT and flipped to Auburn all in about 12 hours...and has said himself nobody really knows and he may change his pick a few times before Friday. You just seem to be very emotional and reactions are strong in each direction, I’m just saying maybe we wait before asking where we turn. We heard it was UGA/UT, then AU/UT, the one constant there is UT...I’m also a little surprised that no “Auburn guys” are putting in picks, tells me their staff doesn’t know.

What did Josiah James crystal bell and future cast look like, it was quite the disconnect.

You’re acting like it’s 45 people making projections...McDonald had UGA, went UT and flipped to Auburn all in about 12 hours...and has said himself nobody really knows and he may change his pick a few times before Friday. You just seem to be very emotional and reactions are strong in each direction, I’m just saying maybe we wait before asking where we turn. We heard it was UGA/UT, then AU/UT, the one constant there is UT...I’m also a little surprised that no “Auburn guys” are putting in picks, tells me their staff doesn’t know.

What did Josiah James crystal bell and future cast look like, it was quite the disconnect.

Alright, man. It's a slow day at work so I am posting quite a bit on this topic, I know. I'm not being "emotional" I'm just throwing out my opinion as new info is being released. But fair enough.

Reactions: MinisterofDef#92

Yeah could be guys piggybacking off of one guy. Things could definitely change. We will see Friday.

Reactions: cardvolfan

VN Store

Back