2021 Target List

Do we get Mutombo in the next week or two? I assume we would be done at Center...Then, we go all in on Smith? If we get those two, are we done with this list? Thoughts?
Seems like a lot of smoke around Mutombo, have to think that one happens soon. As you say, after that I would expect a ton of attention to be turned towards Smith. I could see them continue to recruit BHH, Houstan and Bediako as at least 2 of them have stated they’ll wait until spring.

Isn't it great to be getting so much good news for a change, can't wait till first tip.Give em hell Coach Barnes!

Rivals updated today, old/new...

#4/#4 Jabari Smith - (6'10" PF)
#9/#11 Caleb Houstan (6’8” SF)
#10/#12 Kennedy Chandler (6'1" PG)-COMMITTED
#22/#25 Charles Bediako (6'11" C)
#30/#36 Daron Holmes ll (6’8” PF)
#48/#48 Jahmai Mashack (6’4” SG)-COMMITTED
#50/#50 Micawber Etienne (6'10" C)
#87/#108 Ryan Mutombo (7’ C)

Last edited:
Rivals updated today, new/old...

We’re expected to take 4 in this class?

Rivals updated today, new/old...

You meant old/new, correct?

Does anyone know how they are dropping/raising recruits when there is little basketball happening right now?

No off campus recruiting or recruiting visits to campus until 2021 at the earliest, be interesting to see how that effects 2021 targets.

Basketball Recruiting - Wednesday's Mailbag: Vols, committable offers, more

As far as I can tell and as far as I have heard, Tennessee has made some positive progress with
Jabari Smith. There was a stretch about a month ago when the word was circulating that the top five forward was leaning hard toward Georgia. Make no mistake, the Bulldogs are in there deep, but I don’t think it is a done deal. In addition to the Vols making things interesting, Auburn and LSU are still right there as well.

Rick Barnes and his staff also seem to have gained some traction with
Ryan Mutombo, and may have even opened up a little bit of a lead. They are recruiting at a high level and are well respected in the Atlanta area. Obviously, Georgetown, the alma mater of his father Dikembe Mutombo, is going to be right there, but the sense is that perhaps Ryan might like to create his own path out of the shadow of his father. The other school that stands out to me right now as one to keep an eye on is Stanford. The academics and great class the Cardinal are putting together could be draws.

Sounds like we're running a close second behind Georgia for Jabari Smith. At least that is how I interpreted his statements. Come on Jabari, make the smart choice. Georgia sucks.

Reactions: walkenvol
Updated...

#4 Jabari Smith - (6'10" PF)
#11 Caleb Houstan (6’8” SF)
#12 Kennedy Chandler (6'1" PG)-COMMITTED
#25 Charles Bediako (6'11" C)
#50 Micawber Etienne (6'10" C)
#108 Ryan Mutombo (7’ C)

I guess we hadn’t really been in it for Holmes for quite some time. No surprise. Either way, the list is shrinking. Will be interesting to see how we close out this class.

VN Store

Back