2021 SEC Tournament (seeding, schedule)

Here are the implications of tonight’s game on our seeding

A Florida win leaves us with 2 possible seeds. And the odds are straightforward. A 5 seed with a win on Sunday or an Ole Miss loss
5 seed: 70%
6 seed: 30%

With a Missouri win we become the favorite to get the last double-bye assuming were slight favorites over Florida at home, otherwise we’ll likely fall to 6 or even 7.
4 seed: 60%
5 seed: 5%
6 seed: 20%
7 seed 15%

Last edited:
I’m not a Cuonzo hater, but I’d probably rather see him than most other teams in the single bye log jam. His teams don’t show up every night.
If we get the 4 the option would be Missouri if they beat LSU, or Florida. Not only do I think Florida is better, I’d rather not have to try and beat them twice in the same week.

This Missouri at Florida game narrows down a lot of scenarios. 36-29 Cuonzo at the half.

It looks like TxAM is playing basketball again. I wouldn’t want to draw them, they should be well rested.

Reactions: Volfan1000
This Missouri at Florida game narrows down a lot of scenarios. 36-29 Cuonzo at the half.

It looks like TxAM is playing basketball again. I wouldn’t want to draw them, they should be well rested.
Because they’ve played so few games they technically could still get a 9 seed

There really are a lot of pretty good SEC teams right now. Ole Miss looks like another team that I wouldn’t want to draw. Cuonzo has been having a nice year. Florida has played inspired ball without Keyontae Johnson. Arkansas and Bama could make a deep runs in the NCAAT.

There really are a lot of pretty good SEC teams right now. Ole Miss looks like another team that I wouldn’t want to draw. Cuonzo has been having a nice year. Florida has played inspired ball without Keyontae Johnson. Arkansas and Bama could make a deep runs in the NCAAT.

The NCAAT is up for grabs as well.

I’m still not convinced Gonzaga will win it all.

You could be right but it seems they’re one of these teams who has great regular season success but chokes during Tournament time.

This year is an anomaly though. Normally they don’t get tested in their joke league. Cruising through an unchallenging schedule isn’t a bad approach this season.

Reactions: VolFreakJosh
I agree. The league isn’t elite but has a lot of decent teams. Underrated IMO.

Reactions: ArdentVol
You could be right but it seems they’re one of these teams who has great regular season success but chokes during Tournament time.
The NCAA is sort of a crap shoot. Some teams, like UT did in 2014, get lucky with their match-ups because of a huge upset. One bad game, one bad call, a team playing out of their mind, etc., can happen quite easily. That's why I am of the opinion the regular season record is more indicative of identifying the 10 or 12 best teams. Sure, the best team makes it through the tournament on occasion, but just as often, the best team doesn't win it

——————————————————————————
Tuesday 3/2:
6:30 Ark at USC (SEC NW) Arkansas wins
7:00 Aub at Bama (ESPN2) Alabama wins
8:30 Vandy at LSU (SEC NW) LSU wins
9:00 KY at Ole Miss (ESPN) Ole Miss wins

Wednesday 3/3:
6:30 Missouri at FL (SEC NW) Cuonzo wins
8:30 Miss St at TxAM (SEC NW) Miss State wins

Idle:
Tennessee
Georgia
=========================================
(1) Alabama 15-2 .882 (at GA)
(2) Arkansas 12-4 .750 (TxAM)
(3) LSU 10-6 .625 (at Missouri)
(4) Florida 9-6 .600 (@TN)

(5) Tennessee 9-7 .563 (FL)
(6) Missouri 8-7 .533 (TxAM-ppd, LSU)
(7) Ole Miss 9-8 .529 (Vandy)
(8) Miss State 8-9 .471 (@Aub)
(9) Kentucky 7–9 .438 (USC)
(10) Georgia 7-10 .412 (Bama)

(n/a) Auburn 6-11 .353 (Miss St)
(11) South Carolina 4-11 .267 (at KY)
(12) Texas A&M 2-7 .222 (at Ark)
(13) Vanderbilt 3-12 .200 (at Ole Miss)
======================================================================================

Last edited:
Reactions: TrumpedUpVol
Here are the implications of tonight’s game on our seeding

A Florida win leaves us with 2 possible seeds. And the odds are straightforward. A 5 seed with a win on Sunday or an Ole Miss loss
5 seed: 70%
6 seed: 30%

With a Missouri win we become the favorite to get the last double-bye assuming were slight favorites over Florida at home, otherwise we’ll likely fall to 6 or even 7.
4 seed: 60%
5 seed: 5%
6 seed: 20%
7 seed 15%
Pretty close
56C665FA-7AE2-4A65-9D33-EE6D98A5A11D.jpeg

says fans in attendance will be subject to the same rules as those enforced at predators game including mask wearing. Is that mask wearing for the entire game? Or just going to and from your seats?

Two games w implications for our seeding, LSU @ Mizzou and Vandy @ Ole Miss. Even though a win by Mizzou and/or Ole Miss would cause us to slide down to 6 or 7 w a loss tomorrow, I still think we want Missouri to win. It would mean they’d get the 5 seed and would be our likely Friday opponents and not Florida again.

VN Store

Back