2021 SEC Predictions.

My annual SEC picks that I have made every year since 1993. SEC EAST. 1. Georgia 2. Kentucky 3.Florida 4.Mizzou 5.South Carolina 6. Tennessee
7. Vandy. SEC West. 1. A&M 2.Alabama 3.LSU 4.Arkansas 5.Ole Miss 6. Auburn 7. Miss St. Georgia wins the SEC title over A&M
I think 3rd-5th in the East is going to be some order of us, Mizzou, and Kentucky. I don't think folks realize how bad SC and Vandy's rosters are. I also don't think Kentucky is anywhere near as good as they are being hyped up to be, but they have a softer schedule from the West (LSU and State), plus they get us and Mizzou at home, so I can't quite rule them out stumbling into a decent year.

Bama is winning the West and the SEC this year imho. And you are sleeping on Ole Miss at 5th.

I think 3rd-5th in the East is going to be some order of us, Mizzou, and Kentucky. I don't think folks realize how bad SC and Vandy's rosters are. I also don't think Kentucky is anywhere near as good as they are being hyped up to be, but they have a softer schedule from the West (LSU and State), plus they get us and Mizzou at home, so I can't quite rule them out stumbling into a decent year.

Bama is winning the West and the SEC this year imho. And you are sleeping on Ole Miss at 5th.
I think the layout of UK's schedule is what bites them. They get Mizzou then Chatt followed by USCe, UF, LSU, and UGA. They get a bye then MSU and finally UT. UT's 3 toughest games are separated by 2 or 3 weeks.

Reactions: zeppelin128
I think the layout of UK's schedule is what bites them. They get Mizzou then Chatt followed by USCe, UF, LSU, and UGA. They get a bye then MSU and finally UT. UT's 3 toughest games are separated by 2 or 3 weeks.
Very true, I didn't consider the schedule layouts. This is one of the more favorable Tennessee schedules I can remember, but first year coach/system/etc you know the drill.

My annual SEC picks that I have made every year since 1993. SEC EAST. 1. Georgia 2. Kentucky 3.Florida 4.Mizzou 5.South Carolina 6. Tennessee
7. Vandy. SEC West. 1. A&M 2.Alabama 3.LSU 4.Arkansas 5.Ole Miss 6. Auburn 7. Miss St. Georgia wins the SEC title over A&M
Please repost your preseason predictions at the end of November.

1. bams again 2. aTm, 3. LSU 4. Aub 5. Ole Miss 6. Arky. 7. Miss St.
1. GA 2. FL. 3. TN 4. Mizzou 5. KY 6. SC 7. Vandy

SEC Champ: GA, Bams beat GA in BCS 1st game then loses to OK in Championship.

Last edited:
There is some media love for UK this year. Interesting where they will fall on media prediction totals.
CD7EF6D9-778A-4422-8EC6-786F514051FE.jpeg

Kentucky lost their 6 best players on defense.

They won't be easy to replace, especially the CBs and Quinton Bohana.

Wrong

Ok, That's Laughable...... UK number 2? Have to say step away from the jug. UT 6????????? Did you hit your head before you made this post?

I may need a lock on my keyboard but there's countless others that should be ahead of me. In the words of Forrest Gumps Mother..... Stupid is stupid does. Or in this case stupid posted. Ive read some crazy things on here but this takes the cake. GRATS!
Why are you saying it’s a stupid prediction? It’s not like they haven’t been there. KY is two seasons removed from being 2nd in the East and won 10 games.

Cole Cubelic has the exact order as OP. Will be a bunch of media with that prediction. Now I don’t have them 2nd but I do think the media will pick them 3rd in the East. Most will have TN either 5th or 6th in the East. I think they will be 5th when media releases their predictions, comes down to the SC game which I think TN wins.

UK doesn't have to be better than they were last year, they just have to be better than UT will be this year.

1. UK lost a lot of players, Tennessee lost more
2. UK has an experienced SEC head coach, UT has a 1st year head coach with no SEC head coaching experience
3. the game is played at UK
4. Depending on how sanctions play out and how bad UT's record is at the time, the UT football team may be emotionally devoid and playing for nothing. We have seen what this looks like with UT having MUCH better players (2011 UT/UK game)
The years we lose to KY is when our offense is atrocious. That won’t be the case this year. Book a UT win!

. Kentucky will beat Florida. I think they are going to be very solid they might have the best offensive line returning in the SEC this year. Are they exciting to watch nope but Stoops has done a good job there and he is steadily building them into a annual top 25 team pretty good for Kentucky football standards. I would buy stock in Kentucky this season I think they win 9 games maybe 10.
They went 4-6 last year. Literally the only difference between them and us was JG

Reactions: GetYouSomeofThat
Do not forget we had Beldar Tide calling plays ...
True. My point was really that I don’t understand all of these people talking about their “success.” They had 1 good season. And in that one good season, our terrible squad wrecked them. Last year they finished 4-6. If that’s success, I don’t want it.

1. bams again 2. aTm, 3. LSU 4. Aub 5. Ole Miss 6. Arky. 7. Miss St.
1. GA 2. FL. 3. TN 4. FL 5. KY 6. SC 7. Vandy

SEC Champ: GA, Bams beat GA in BCS 1st game then loses to OK in Championship.
FL 2nd and 4th? Do I add those together and make them 6th? I like the way you think!

Pretty much how I would rank it. I might flip UK and Mizzou and maybe Arky and MSU but even then, I might not even do that.
No way to prove who is right but I don't agree.

Also the portal losses are overblown. It is a large number but the meaningful losses were largely replaced in kind through the portal. By position group, OL and RB were net negatives but not critical- there's talent left at both positions. WR and TE were likely a wash.

The DL and DB were a net gain. LB is a push or perhaps a slight negative.

You have to look at the roster you have... not what you lost. I would love to have Henry T back. But he wasn't a great LB last year. Mitchell had similar stats and from what little I could tell was better in pass coverage than Henry T ever was.

To me the biggest loss was Gray. I don't think UT has anyone who replaces him in kind. He's special in the open field.

J Johnson I believe is actually listed as a Grad Transfer. I would like to have him back. I never thought Morris played anywhere close to his 5* rating. Could be coaching. Could be scheme. It could be him. But he never played well enough for me to say I'll miss him.
“The portal losses are overblown”
It’s funny how fans refuse to be objective. Those portal losses literally leave us short handed until the SEC or NCAA decides to fix the transfer portal/25 scholarships issue. Literally one of the biggest group of transfer losses in college football history and you say they’re overblown 😂

“The portal losses are overblown”
It’s funny how fans refuse to be objective. Those portal losses literally leave us short handed until the SEC or NCAA decides to fix the transfer portal/25 scholarships issue. Literally one of the biggest group of transfer losses in college football history and you say they’re overblown 😂
Do not attempt to change sjt18's mind about anything. You will fail.

I am not sure why Tennessee can't be the dark team here, when you look at what we have still on the roster + transfers, we could be more competitive than people believe...jmo

VN Store

Back