2021 SEC Predictions.

Not a prediction, not sure where else I can ask this. Bought tickets to the TN vs SC game Oct 9th and was wondering if these seats or decent as all I seen. Section: Lower Level Q Row: 65 . Will be my first game in Neyland.

1. Tennessee
2. 85’ Bears
3. ‘72 Dolphins
4. 84’ 49ers
5. 07’ Patriots
6. 91’ Redskins
7. 75’ Steelers
8. 99’ Rams
9. 98’ Broncos
10. 89’ 49ers

Hey Vol fans, love this site and engaging in the threads. I do note it is almost unanimous here that SC has little to no talent and is probably only better than Vandy. Understandable.

SC was also handicapped by a bad coach, for the past 4 years in Muschamp. He wasn’t a terrible recruiter though. If you have access to the 24/7 team talent rankings from 2020, you might notice SC just one spot below UT. There are a few 5 stars and almost as many four stars at SC as at UT prior to the exodus.

Point being, SC is not in a dreadful way talent wise, unless you compare them to Bama, UGA etc. Probably weak at WR and CB relatively speaking. Very thin at LB and maybe safety, but solid with the 1’s.

Solid to strong on OL (return 4/5 starters). Very strong at RB and deep. same at TE even though some of them are not known to everyone yet. DL is deep, 2 five stars and 5 four stars with most very experienced.

Yeah, the question is at QB, he is a 4 star duel, but not much experience, only started three games at end of year. A junior transfer QB to back up. Not ideal.

I just was noticing where everyone here was thinking no talent at SC. They have some offensive and defensive players on all sec teams, ST‘s main pieces back and tbh, like UT fans, SC fans are hoping a whole new staff and environment helps. Muschamp killed the joy at SC like a chokehold taking your breath away slowly, a little bit every day.

SC might have a little fight in them this year, probably not the pushover everyone expects from them. The RB’s are legit and really good, the OL is also. The DL should be pretty good also.

Peace and best of luck this year also.

Yo Rooster, I now live in Greenville, SC and get much more info on the Cocks than most in Volnation. I think Carolina will be better than expected this year. At first I was suspicious of the Beamer hire, but he may turn out better than many feared.

Interesting, but I heard that there were serious conversations about getting Jamie Chadwell as their coach (with QB Grayson McCall as part of the deal) but it never was endorsed by your AD. BTW, they project Chadwell to have a big year at Coastal again this year, and this time I'll bet he takes a big job somewhere - and takes McCall with him likely. I like Chadwell since he is a East Tennessee boy like me and I will be following him.

My annual SEC picks that I have made every year since 1993. SEC EAST. 1. Georgia 2. Kentucky 3.Florida 4.Mizzou 5.South Carolina 6. Tennessee
7. Vandy. SEC West. 1. A&M 2.Alabama 3.LSU 4.Arkansas 5.Ole Miss 6. Auburn 7. Miss St. Georgia wins the SEC title over A&M

Have you kept your stats since 1993? Placing Kentucky as #2 and A&M as #1 are rather bold moves.

Jarrett Guarantano beat Tennessee last year vs Kentucky.

Heupel has enough offensive firepower on this roster to beat every team on our schedule except Florida, UGA, Bama, and a toss up to Ole Miss. He is arguably the best offensive minded HC in the Eastern Division. Our athletes are better than everyone of those schools besides the ones listed. I’m not saying we win them all…but we will most certainly not be owned by any of them. If our defense can hang tough we can win some shoot outs barring no string of bizarre injuries.

EAST
1. Tennessee
2.Tennessee
3.Tennessee
4.Tennessee
5.Tennessee
6. Tennessee
7.Errbody Else

WEST
1.I don’t care

Champ
Tennessee

Reactions: LittleVol
I don’t care about how bad we’ve sucked for the past 15 years. Don’t care about how godawful last year was. I will never walk into the start of the season predicting we will lose to Mizzou, SC, Kentucky or Vandy.

Reactions: VOLINVONORE

VN Store

Back