2021 SEC Predictions.

Because don’t they always. Florida trounced them last year by 24 and have beaten them something like 34 out of the last 35 years, but yep, Kentucky will beat Florida, as usual.

Yep,,,,, Kentucky has one win in 35 years!! Seems like we've been hearing this every year.

Reactions: Jaws
I think we beat USCe at home. The honeymoon will be over if Heupel loses that game at home.....
No it won't. Coach Heuple is here to stay for 4 years minimum. With sanctions about to come down soon ish after what Sankey did no reputable Coach that can actually get us back on track to be relevant again is gonna touch us until it's over. I just hope in the mean time Coach Hueple can recruit and have good players in place for the next big Coach to come in and build on top of it.

East:
1. Ga
2. Florida
3. UT
4. Missouri
5. UK, don't think they will be that good this year
6. USC
7. Vanda

West:
1. Bama
2. LSU
3. A&M
4. Arkansas
5. Ole Miss
6. Auburn
7. Miss State

Reactions: LittleVol
It’s still crazy to me that Missouri came right into the conference (their second year) and won the East 2013/2014 under Pinkel. They had it rolling man that offense could put up points in a hurry.

Part of me thinks it was a little bit of a fluke though bc they haven’t produced much similar since. What are they bringing this year where most are picking them to finish 3rd in the division??

1. UGA
2. UF
3. UK
4. Mizzou
5. UT
6. S. Carolina
7. Vandy

1. Bama
2. A&M
3. LSU
4. Ole Miss
5. Auburn
6. Arkansas
7. Miss State

SEC Champ: Bama.
If I was predicting today, this is exactly how I would predict the east as well. But honestly the only thing set in stone for me are 1, 2 and 7. UGA and UF are the clear cut 1 and 2. Vandy is 7.

I would not be surprised with any order of finish with the 3-6 teams. I lean towards USCe being 6, but just don't know about us, Mizzou and UK.

A 3rd place finish in the first season would be a great start to the Heupel Era.

No way Kentucky ends up that good. We’re going to be better than 6th.

Looking at it from where the program is right now? 5th sounds about right. Assuming that the incoming transfers click so well that it causes an unprecedented higher finish? Enjoy it. But how often do first years coaches, even the best, improve that dramatically?

Oh, yeah, Guarantano is gone. There IS that.

Reactions: Illinoisvolfan2
Looking at it from where the program is right now? 5th sounds about right. Assuming that the incoming transfers click so well that it causes an unprecedented higher finish? Enjoy it. But how often do first years coaches, even the best, improve that dramatically?

Oh, yeah, Guarantano is gone. There IS that.
I’m hoping that the new coaching staff shows us how bad the previous one was. I just saw that Henry T is a first team preseason all conference pick from CBS. If that happens it will speak volumes as to the ineptitude of the previous coaches

My annual SEC picks that I have made every year since 1993. SEC EAST. 1. Georgia 2. Kentucky 3.Florida 4.Mizzou 5.South Carolina 6. Tennessee
7. Vandy. SEC West. 1. A&M 2.Alabama 3.LSU 4.Arkansas 5.Ole Miss 6. Auburn 7. Miss St. Georgia wins the SEC title over A&M
Florida over Kentucky is bold

Reactions: BigOrangeAl 1979
1.UGA
2. Florida
3. Missouri
4. Kentucky
5. Tennessee
6. South Carolina
7. Vandy

1. Bama
2. AM
3. LSU
4. Ole miss
5. Auburn
6. Miss St
7. Arkansas

I’m hoping that the new coaching staff shows us how bad the previous one was. I just saw that Henry T is a first team preseason all conference pick from CBS. If that happens it will speak volumes as to the ineptitude of the previous coaches
3 and 8 was all the volume we needed spoken. The jury is already back with the verdict dude! No further evidence required 😂

Because don’t they always. Florida trounced them last year by 24 and have beaten them something like 34 out of the last 35 years, but yep, Kentucky will beat Florida, as usual.
UF always finds a way to win that game. Last 4 years combined points has UF +22 in that series. I’m not sure why they seemingly always play you close but UF just teases them with a close win, there is an occasional blowout. Is the game at UF or UK this year?

Hey Vol fans, love this site and engaging in the threads. I do note it is almost unanimous here that SC has little to no talent and is probably only better than Vandy. Understandable.

SC was also handicapped by a bad coach, for the past 4 years in Muschamp. He wasn’t a terrible recruiter though. If you have access to the 24/7 team talent rankings from 2020, you might notice SC just one spot below UT. There are a few 5 stars and almost as many four stars at SC as at UT prior to the exodus.

Point being, SC is not in a dreadful way talent wise, unless you compare them to Bama, UGA etc. Probably weak at WR and CB relatively speaking. Very thin at LB and maybe safety, but solid with the 1’s.

Solid to strong on OL (return 4/5 starters). Very strong at RB and deep. same at TE even though some of them are not known to everyone yet. DL is deep, 2 five stars and 5 four stars with most very experienced.

Yeah, the question is at QB, he is a 4 star duel, but not much experience, only started three games at end of year. A junior transfer QB to back up. Not ideal.

I just was noticing where everyone here was thinking no talent at SC. They have some offensive and defensive players on all sec teams, ST‘s main pieces back and tbh, like UT fans, SC fans are hoping a whole new staff and environment helps. Muschamp killed the joy at SC like a chokehold taking your breath away slowly, a little bit every day.

SC might have a little fight in them this year, probably not the pushover everyone expects from them. The RB’s are legit and really good, the OL is also. The DL should be pretty good also.

Peace and best of luck this year also.
I really like your RB room. Returning the SEC’s leading rusher and expect big things out of LLoyd. As far as the rest of the team, well,did I mention I really like your RB room?

Reactions: Rooster1
Why are you saying it’s a stupid prediction? It’s not like they haven’t been there. KY is two seasons removed from being 2nd in the East and won 10 games.

Cole Cubelic has the exact order as OP. Will be a bunch of media with that prediction. Now I don’t have them 2nd but I do think the media will pick them 3rd in the East. Most will have TN either 5th or 6th in the East. I think they will be 5th when media releases their predictions, comes down to the SC game which I think TN wins.
KY 3rd, TN 5th

1. Georgia (8-0)
2. UF (5-3)
3. Mizzou (4-4)
4. UT (3-5) tiebreaker over UK
5. KY (3-5)
6. USC (2-6)
7. Vandy (0-8)

West:
1. Bama (7-1) I think they’ll lose to somebody
2. A&M (6-2)
3. LSU (5-3)
4. Ole Miss (4-4) tiebreaker over State
5. State (4-4)
6. Auburn (3-5)
7. Arky (2-6)

We lost a lot of really good players. What not many people are considering is just how pathetically those really good players played due to horrendous coaching.

Give me mediocre players with exceptional coaching and they'll smoke last year's Vol team every time. Please, oh please, let the Hype man be a good coach.

I'm optimistic we will surprise and finish as high as 3rd in the east.

My annual SEC picks that I have made every year since 1993. SEC EAST. 1. Georgia 2. Kentucky 3.Florida 4.Mizzou 5.South Carolina 6. Tennessee
7. Vandy. SEC West. 1. A&M 2.Alabama 3.LSU 4.Arkansas 5.Ole Miss 6. Auburn 7. Miss St. Georgia wins the SEC title over A&M

A'M is not winning the West and Mizzou and SC are not finishing above us. Doubt UK does either. We will be 3rd in the East, 4th at the absolute worst.

I feel pretty comfortable even without experience saying that this roster is better than that one.

I wouldnt say that at all. This team is full of transfers, we lost just about every good player we had on D and to say that the style matchup favors Huepel may be a much better argument in 3 years because right now you have a brand new coach installing a brand new system on a team that has no clue how to play that system. We have no clue who our QB will be or even if we have someone worthy of the title of starting QB (we just dont know) and UK may have lost a bunch of players to the draft but it remains a stable program with a tenured SEC head coach who has maintained enough stability to beat UT two of the last four years. And I think there's a more-than-legitimate chance UT loses all their road games this year. Winning on the road in the SEC is tough, maybe more so for a coach with no experience doing it.

VN Store

Back