2021 SEC Predictions.

BigOrangeAl 1979

My annual SEC picks that I have made every year since 1993. SEC EAST. 1. Georgia 2. Kentucky 3.Florida 4.Mizzou 5.South Carolina 6. Tennessee
7. Vandy. SEC West. 1. A&M 2.Alabama 3.LSU 4.Arkansas 5.Ole Miss 6. Auburn 7. Miss St. Georgia wins the SEC title over A&M

My annual SEC picks that I have made every year since 1993. SEC EAST. 1. Georgia 2. Kentucky 3.Florida 4.Mizzou 5.South Carolina 6. Tennessee
7. Vandy. SEC West. 1. A&M 2.Alabama 3.LSU 4.Arkansas 5.Ole Miss 6. Auburn 7. Miss St. Georgia wins the SEC title over A&M
Color me SHOCKED that you have UT lower than 3 teams with equal or less talent... SHOCKED I tell you.

1. UGA
2. UF
3. UK
4. Mizzou
5. UT
6. S. Carolina
7. Vandy

1. Bama
2. A&M
3. LSU
4. Ole Miss
5. Auburn
6. Arkansas
7. Miss State

SEC Champ: Bama.
I don't make ironclad predictions since so many things are unknown and things change with injuries et al. However, I think UK is going to drop pretty significantly. Bama can lose 10 guys to the NFL and reload. UK cannot. And if those guys were that good and they ended up 5-6... why would they get better with the other guys they had? On your list I would drop UK to 6 and move everyone else up.. Also games 3-8 go like this on their schedule- Mizzou, Chattanooga, USCe, UF, LSU, UGA. They get a bye then play at MSU prior to playing UT in K'ville. They could come out of that with 5 or even 6 conference losses just because of how the schedule lays out.

Reactions: VolForLife83
No way Kentucky ends up that good. We’re going to be better than 6th.
. Kentucky will beat Florida. I think they are going to be very solid they might have the best offensive line returning in the SEC this year. Are they exciting to watch nope but Stoops has done a good job there and he is steadily building them into a annual top 25 team pretty good for Kentucky football standards. I would buy stock in Kentucky this season I think they win 9 games maybe 10.

Last edited:
Pretty much how I would rank it. I might flip UK and Mizzou and maybe Arky and MSU but even then, I might not even do that.
. I think Arkansas will be improved this season I really like what Pittman is doing there I can see them getting to a bowl game they play hard for him they have absolutely brutal schedule though.

I don't make ironclad predictions since so many things are unknown and things change with injuries et al. However, I think UK is going to drop pretty significantly. Bama can lose 10 guys to the NFL and reload. UK cannot. And if those guys were that good and they ended up 5-6... why would they get better with the other guys they had? On your list I would drop UK to 6 and move everyone else up.. Also games 3-8 go like this on their schedule- Mizzou, Chattanooga, USCe, UF, LSU, UGA. They get a bye then play at MSU prior to playing UT in K'ville. They could come out of that with 5 or even 6 conference losses just because of how the schedule lays out.

To be fair to UK, if they played a "normal" 12 game season last year, they would have gone 4-4 in conference and likely 9-4 overall. Given their continuity and what they lost compared to what we lost via the portal, I don't think they lost enough for us to jump over them. I don't think there's a wide gap between us, them, and Mizzou but if I'm going to play the odds, I'll bet on continuity and having the home games.

. I think Arkansas will be improved this season I really like what Pittman is doing there I can see them getting to a bowl game they play hard for him they have absolutely brutal schedule though.

Pittman got them to play for him but they beat the 2 MS teams and a UT team that had quit on Pruitt. I like the job that Pittman did last year but I think he has a QB to replace too.

Reactions: orangebloodforlife
. Kentucky will beat Florida. I think they are going to be very solid they might have the best offensive line returning in the SEC this year. Are they exciting to watch nope but Stoops has done a good job there and he is steadily building them into a annual top 25 team pretty good for Kentucky football standards. I would buy stock in Kentucky this season I think they win 9 games maybe 10.
Kentucky has finished in the top 25 literally one time in the last 20 years. Get out of here with that annual top 25 crap. Good grief.

UK doesn't have to be better than they were last year, they just have to be better than UT will be this year.

1. UK lost a lot of players, Tennessee lost more
2. UK has an experienced SEC head coach, UT has a 1st year head coach with no SEC head coaching experience
3. the game is played at UK
4. Depending on how sanctions play out and how bad UT's record is at the time, the UT football team may be emotionally devoid and playing for nothing. We have seen what this looks like with UT having MUCH better players (2011 UT/UK game)

To be fair to UK, if they played a "normal" 12 game season last year, they would have gone 4-4 in conference and likely 9-4 overall. Given their continuity and what they lost compared to what we lost via the portal, I don't think they lost enough for us to jump over them. I don't think there's a wide gap between us, them, and Mizzou but if I'm going to play the odds, I'll bet on continuity and having the home games.
No way to prove who is right but I don't agree.

Also the portal losses are overblown. It is a large number but the meaningful losses were largely replaced in kind through the portal. By position group, OL and RB were net negatives but not critical- there's talent left at both positions. WR and TE were likely a wash.

The DL and DB were a net gain. LB is a push or perhaps a slight negative.

You have to look at the roster you have... not what you lost. I would love to have Henry T back. But he wasn't a great LB last year. Mitchell had similar stats and from what little I could tell was better in pass coverage than Henry T ever was.

To me the biggest loss was Gray. I don't think UT has anyone who replaces him in kind. He's special in the open field.

J Johnson I believe is actually listed as a Grad Transfer. I would like to have him back. I never thought Morris played anywhere close to his 5* rating. Could be coaching. Could be scheme. It could be him. But he never played well enough for me to say I'll miss him.

No way to prove who is right but I don't agree.

Also the portal losses are overblown. It is a large number but the meaningful losses were largely replaced in kind through the portal. By position group, OL and RB were net negatives but not critical- there's talent left at both positions. WR and TE were likely a wash.

The DL and DB were a net gain. LB is a push or perhaps a slight negative.

You have to look at the roster you have... not what you lost. I would love to have Henry T back. But he wasn't a great LB last year. Mitchell had similar stats and from what little I could tell was better in pass coverage than Henry T ever was.

To me the biggest loss was Gray. I don't think UT has anyone who replaces him in kind. He's special in the open field.

J Johnson I believe is actually listed as a Grad Transfer. I would like to have him back. I never thought Morris played anywhere close to his 5* rating. Could be coaching. Could be scheme. It could be him. But he never played well enough for me to say I'll miss him.

This! Everyone is looking at the 30+ losses to the portal and our 3-7 record and saying we will be bad again. Most of those players never saw the field. We will miss Gray and Henry T and that’s about it. All of our 8 transfer pickups will contribute.

Reactions: FlyFishnVol

Ok, That's Laughable...... UK number 2? Have to say step away from the jug. UT 6????????? Did you hit your head before you made this post?

I may need a lock on my keyboard but there's countless others that should be ahead of me. In the words of Forrest Gumps Mother..... Stupid is stupid does. Or in this case stupid posted. Ive read some crazy things on here but this takes the cake. GRATS!

Last edited:
Reactions: FlyFishnVol
UK doesn't have to be better than they were last year, they just have to be better than UT will be this year.

1. UK lost a lot of players, Tennessee lost more
Who lost more that matter and who is left with more talent? The last half of the question calls for some speculation... the first half does not. None of the guys UT lost played well enough to have been drafted last year including Henry T. UK lost 10 guys to the draft plus the others that graduated or left.
2. UK has an experienced SEC head coach, UT has a 1st year head coach with no SEC head coaching experience
That may or may not matter. The style match up favors Heupel.
3. the game is played at UK
Not a particularly hard place to play... and UK will likely enter the game with a losing record.
4. Depending on how sanctions play out and how bad UT's record is at the time, the UT football team may be emotionally devoid and playing for nothing. We have seen what this looks like with UT having MUCH better players (2011 UT/UK game)
That comparison isn't valid until Heupel tolerates a QB who openly says he doesn't want to win and have to go to a bowl game.

PS- That team did NOT have "much better players." There isn't a ton of experience but there are multiple receivers on this team with more talent than D Rogers. Poole was the best RB on a team that averaged less than 3 ypc. AJ and Maggitt started as Fr at LB along with Austin Johnson. The DL was no more talented and thinner than this one. The starting safeties were Randolph as a FR and Waggner... both pretty slow. Teague and maybe Evans at CB?

The OL was made up of guys who would become really good. But that particular year they protected them by getting the ball out quick. They couldn't open holes for anything.

I feel pretty comfortable even without experience saying that this roster is better than that one.

Reactions: GetYouSomeofThat
This! Everyone is looking at the 30+ losses to the portal and our 3-7 record and saying we will be bad again. Most of those players never saw the field. We will miss Gray and Henry T and that’s about it. All of our 8 transfer pickups will contribute.
I'm gun shy. I won't say that of any of them except Mitchell until they actually do.

The OL losses weren't "good"... but there's talent to cover.

VN Store

Back