2021 Schedule Simulation (Just for fun)

MINIMUM we should never finish worse than 8-4 and depending on who our rotating west opponent is, we should finish 9-3 quite often. 10 regular season wins or better, we should hit that every 3-4 years on average. When things are running here as they should, that's what our record should look like.
agreed 100 percent. Sick avatar.

Reactions: Brave Volunteer
that must be the 1998 version of UT on that simulation. There is no way the current roster is going 10-2.
That's the great thing about Team. It can be a whole lot more than the sum of its parts.

I'm not going to predict 10-2 this year. Heck, I don't think we know enough to make ANY valid prediction yet. Need to see a full coaching staff and finalized roster, first, and ideally a spring game. Then we can start prognosticating.

But I can say this: given even just the little bit we know and are seeing so far, I'd be more surprised if we go 4-8 in 2021 than if we go 10-2 like this fun little simulation spit out. Dannny White seems to be setting the conditions for success, and Josh Heupel seems to be off on the right foot. It is encouraging.

Reactions: 901 Orange
If he can beat UGA 44-10 in year one.... let's name a street after him.

IMHO, this should be a 6-8 win team depending on the D. Should be a lot more fun to watch though. The schedule does help. Pitt as the "big" OOC contest isn't scary. Ole Miss as the rotating West game isn't scary. UGA and Bama are still the two most talented teams in the SEC and UF is difficult even when they have less talent... and they don't this year. I think UT is more talented than UK but Stoops' system is established and he has a stable roster. Ole Miss will be another swing game.

I am not dismissing the impact of coaching and style of play but 10 wins is a little too ambitious for me at this point.

seems kind of impossible to predict, there is not enough data to put into the sim. We don't know who will start at MOST positions, from QB to Kicker, it's all up in the air.
It could be as good as 6-6 or as bad as 3-9

Vs Bowling Green- W
Vs PITT- ????
Vs Tenn Tech- W
@ Florida- ???
@ Mizzou- ???
Vs South Carolina- ????
Vs Ole Miss- ???
@ Bama- L
@ Kentucky- ???
Vs UGA- L
Vs South Alabama- W
Vs Vandy- ?????

I simulated the 2021 Schedule with a simulation tool on the internet and these are the results:
Vs Bowling Green- W 41-6
Vs PITT- W 30-24
Vs Tenn Tech- W 55-0
@ Florida- L 52-42
@ Mizzou- W 34-10
Vs South Carolina- W 48-24
Vs Ole Miss- W 52-20
@ Bama- L 17-16
@ Kentucky- W 34-19
Vs UGA- W 44-10
Vs South Alabama- W 36-13
Vs Vandy- W 45-10

Like I said, just for fun, but pretty interesting. Final record (10-2 Overall) (6-2 SEC)

@BruisedOrange wondered how Heupel's UCF squad from last year would perform against this same schedule, so I simulated that as well. Results below.
UCF 2020 Squad against same schedule
Vs Bowling Green-W 33-10
VS Pitt- L 31-27
Vs Tenn Tech- W 43-10
@Florida- W 41-34
@Missouri - W 48-17
Vs South Carolina- W 29-7
Vs Ole Miss- L 31-27
@ Bama- L 34-10
@ Kentucky- W 31-20
Vs UGA- W 30-23
Vs South Alabama- W 27-16
Vs Vandy- W 65-21

9-3 Overall

PLEASE POST MORE OFTEN !!

Reactions: NO SIR EEE
As long as you don't count Bama as a win, I'm good with it. I will be very happy with 7-5 next year. Until we can get 90,000 plus fans back in Neyland, we are losing a huge advantage that led to a couple wins a year the last ten years.
Well dont expect that this yr. Im afraid it will be 20% capacity again.

Reactions: 87&91ALUM
If we go 10-2 there will still be folks on here wanting fired because we didn't go undefeated and lost to Florida

Reactions: Wireless1
Vs Bowling Green- W
Vs PITT- W (toss up / take UT at home by slim margin)
Vs Tenn Tech- W
@ Florida- L
@ Mizzou- W
Vs South Carolina- toss up
Vs Ole Miss- L
@ Bama- L
@ Kentucky- toss up
Vs UGA- L
Vs South Alabama- W
Vs Vandy- W

5 wins, and we will win one, maybe two of the toss ups. 6-6 or best 7-5. Still think the Vols are more fun to watch this season, then the past few...simply because our O will be less predictable and able to put some points on the board. The last few years the question was how will our D hold up and hoping that our O doesn't allow points to be scored by the opposing D.

If we had the same emoji “like” setup as Facebook, this is what I would be clicking.

Attachments

• 51309F5E-1ED0-4549-9404-76B334671C02.jpeg
    51309F5E-1ED0-4549-9404-76B334671C02.jpeg
    168.1 KB · Views: 1
Does it simulate which bowl game we'd get an invite to if we weren't on double-secret probation by then?

VN Store

Back