2021 MLB Postseason Thread

I know a lot of people hate the Red Sox, so it’s not like I have any room to stand on, but DAMN do I hate the Houston Astros. Correa’s home run pimp job was over the top and their entire team is just so freaking unlikable. Losing to them sucks.

I know a lot of people hate the Red Sox, so it’s not like I have any room to stand on, but DAMN do I hate the Houston Astros. Correa’s home run pimp job was over the top and their entire team is just so freaking unlikable. Losing to them sucks.

it was awesome. He should have done a backflip

It’s the highest strike zone I’ve probably ever seen. Balls at guys’ chest were strikes consistently
JD Martinez had three consecutive pitches significantly off the outside corner called a strike.

It was way less awesome than it could have been because it’s the Astros. I could have admired it if any other team (hell even the Yankees) did it. But not the Astros.

Idk why you hate the Astros, their cheating scandal and the program you used came from them and won you a World Series you should be thanking them lol

Idk why you hate the Astros, their cheating scandal and the program you used came from them and won you a World Series

You clearly didn’t read anything about the Red Sox investigation if you think what the Red Sox did is even remotely similar to the Astros. Because it’s not. Yeah, what the Sox did in the regular season in 2018 sucks. Shouldn’t have done it. But I guarantee you most teams do similar **** and just haven’t gotten caught.

The banging on trash cans literally seconds before a pitch is thrown is entirely different and you know it.

EDIT: I suggest you read this just as a refresher.

Red Sox sign-stealing investigation results

You clearly didn’t read anything about the Red Sox investigation if you think what the Red Sox did is even remotely similar to the Astros. Because it’s not. Yeah, what the Sox did in the regular season in 2018 sucks. Shouldn’t have done it. But I guarantee you most teams do similar **** and just haven’t gotten caught.

The banging on trash cans literally seconds before a pitch is thrown is entirely different and you know it.

I could be wrong but if you’re hate for the Astros is because they cheated (which they did) then I’m just saying it’s a little hypocritical since the Sox also cheated lol

Reactions: TBrown
I could be wrong but if you’re hate for the Astros is because they cheated (which they did) then I’m just saying it’s a little hypocritical since the Sox also cheated lol

I’m not trying to excuse what the Red Sox did, I just don’t think you can conflate the two “scandals”. The MLB agrees. Cora’s punishment after 2018 was for what he did with Houston, not what he did with Boston. It even says so in the report.

I’m not trying to excuse what the Red Sox did, I just don’t think you can conflate the two “scandals”. The MLB agrees. Cora’s punishment after 2018 was for what he did with Houston, not what he did with Boston. It even says so in the report.

Yes, BUT you all were still punished for it lol.

And while they say it didn’t happen as regularly as Houston (funny enough Houston didn’t use it in the postseason as well according to the reports and a lot of the rumors were proven incorrect about Houston) if you look at the seasons some of your guys had, they’ve never even come close to repeating those seasons (coughmookiebettscough). I mean you can hate Houston they are your rivals (and hate is fun!) I’m just saying Boston fans hating them because it’s just “HOUSTON IS CHEATERS!” makes me chuckle (also Sox fans are Pats fan which makes it funnier, which idk if you are or not).

Reactions: TBrown
Yes, BUT you all were still punished for it lol.

And while they say it didn’t happen as regularly as Houston (funny enough Houston didn’t use it in the postseason as well according to the reports and a lot of the rumors were proven incorrect about Houston) if you look at the seasons some of your guys had, they’ve never even come close to repeating those seasons (coughmookiebettscough). I mean you can hate Houston they are your rivals (and hate is fun!) I’m just saying Boston fans hating them because it’s just “HOUSTON IS CHEATERS!” makes me chuckle (also Sox fans are Pats fan which makes it funnier, which idk if you are or not).

I’m not a Pats fan. Don’t really have an NFL team I cheer for I just prefer baseball. And yeah, cheating is bad, and the Red Sox took their punishment. I don’t just hate the Astros for cheating either, I just can’t stand most of the personalities on that team.

Either way, the sign stealing thing is the most overblown scandal in baseball because it’s so clear the vast majority of teams are doing something (Yanks were also investigated in 2016 or 2017) it’s just most haven’t been dumb enough to be caught yet.

I’m not a Pats fan. Don’t really have an NFL team I cheer for I just prefer baseball. And yeah, cheating is bad, and the Red Sox took their punishment. I don’t just hate the Astros for cheating either, I just can’t stand most of the personalities on that team.

Either way, the sign stealing thing is the most overblown scandal in baseball because it’s so clear the vast majority of teams are doing something (Yanks were also investigated in 2016 or 2017) it’s just most haven’t been dumb enough to be caught yet.

I gotcha. Makes more sense. I actually like most of those guys personally but I’m all about celebration and struttin’ so lol

And I agree. The fact the Astros were the team that got the punishment (nobody wants to talk about the Yankees investigation!) the most and all the fake news that came out of them was pretty ridiculous.

I gotcha. Makes more sense. I actually like most of those guys personally but I’m all about celebration and struttin’ so lol

And I agree. The fact the Astros were the team that got the punishment (nobody wants to talk about the Yankees investigation!) the most and all the fake news that came out of them was pretty ridiculous.

I’m not anti-fun, I do think baseball needs more fun. But, the Astros are essentially the “villains” right now so watching them showboat sucks. But, hey maybe that’s what makes them such good villains. No one likes watching the villains dominate the scene. 5 straight ALCS appearances. I’m just ready for them to get some comeuppance lol.

And yeah the Yanks investigation was pretty much just glossed over entirely. The fact that 4-5 teams have been investigated in the past 4-5 years just speaks to the fact that the issue is widespread and rather than condemn teams for being cheaters we as fans should just accept that sign stealing has always been part of baseball and technology just makes it easier to do that now.

I’m not anti-fun, I do think baseball needs more fun. But, the Astros are essentially the “villains” right now so watching them showboat sucks. But, hey maybe that’s what makes them such good villains. No one likes watching the villains dominate the scene. 5 straight ALCS appearances. I’m just ready for them to get some comeuppance lol.

And yeah the Yanks investigation was pretty much just glossed over entirely. The fact that 4-5 teams have been investigated in the past 4-5 years just speaks to the fact that the issue is widespread and rather than condemn teams for being cheaters we as fans should just accept that sign stealing has always been part of baseball and technology just makes it easier to do that now.

I mean fair, I’m sure there were people in the 90’s that hated the Braves even though they weren’t really villains because they made 8 straight LCS appearances.

It was a huge issue, and it’s MLB’s fault they didn’t crack down. They sent out memo’s multiple times but did no enforcing. And of course Manfred is the worst commish in sports and didn’t handle anything properly so it made it worse.

Can’t hate the astros and give Cora a pass

I’m not going to rehash things I’ve already said, but hating the Astros isn’t even really about the cheating. It’s far more about the fact I think some of the players on the team are very unlikable and they win a lot.

Cora doesn’t get a pass. He served his punishment. He’ll forever be trashed by people that aren’t Boston fans and he’ll have to live with that the rest of his life. Hopefully he doesn’t do it again.

VN Store

Back