Karoline Striplin -- #38
Brooklyn Miles -- #89
Kaiya Wynn -- #100

Prospects Nation recently re-ranked the 2021 class:
Sara Puckett -- #27
Karoline Striplin -- #38
Brooklyn Miles -- #89
Kaiya Wynn -- #100

If Miles ever becomes a shooter, her rankings will increase dramatically....But until that time, she is ranked about right.

Wynn's ranking is lower b/c she didn't play much over summer due to COVID. don't believe that number beside her name.

You better believe it
Back on May 29th she was
K. Wynn,
#23-Hoopgurlz
#39-Blue Star
#51-ASGR
She was outside of the top-100 on Prospects Nation, so her ranking rose under that service.

Her previous HoopGurlz ranking is of no significance because they switched providers. There is no baseline to compare it to because these were the first time PBR released their rankings.

Seeing game footage with Kaiya Wynn and Brooklyn Miles on the court together totally discredits those rankings. Glad to get them both in Orange, but it is what it is.

Reactions: mlindsay and PRG
If Miles ever becomes a shooter, her rankings will increase dramatically....But until that time, she is ranked about right.

Yeah, that AAU event this summer where in two games Miles scored 4 and zero (could be slightly off but that is very close) was shocking for anyone that is being counted on as a major P5 contributor, let alone compete for final fours.

Yeah, that AAU event this summer where in two games Miles scored 4 and zero (could be slightly off but that is very close) was shocking for anyone that is being counted on as a major P5 contributor, let alone compete for final fours.

I have a feeling Ms. Miles may need some form of visual aid...Young ladies have been known to put off getting glasses when needed....

Saw 2 game films of her play, and in each film she missed the rim completely...One shot was taken uncontested, and the other was only slight defensive pressure...She did not hit iron either shot.

It was just a casual observation, but she does not score on a lot of outside shots...She is excellent driving to the basket, but college defenses will adjust to that if she can't hit the outside shot regularly....

Stay tuned....

Last edited:
Reactions: mcannon1
Prospects Nation recently re-ranked the 2021 class:
Sara Puckett -- #27
Karoline Striplin -- #38
Brooklyn Miles -- #89
Kaiya Wynn -- #100

Interesting that our used to be lowest recruit . (Puckett) is now our best at #27 ! Kaiya Wynn went from top #20 something to #100???

I saw Wynn in Nashville and I would have taken her if she was unranked ! This is another athletic player ! She will get much better.....

We had another #100 player (Saunders ).... She will contribute at (6’5”). Slowly.... Wynn will be able to contribute when she walks into the gym ! Just Saying....., Wynn may not be a top #20 player but ? She will be playing in Texas this year ..... let’s see how she does with better competition and if she improves her ranking ?

Interesting that our used to be lowest recruit . (Puckett) is now our best at #27 ! Kaiya Wynn went from top #20 something to #100???

I saw Wynn in Nashville and I would have taken her if she was unranked ! This is another athletic player ! She will get much better.....

We had another #100 player (Saunders ).... She will contribute at (6’5”). Slowly.... Wynn will be able to contribute when she walks into the gym ! Just Saying....., Wynn may not be a top #20 player but ? She will be playing in Texas this year ..... let’s see how she does with better competition and if she improves her ranking ?

Rankings are very fluid and she can certainly improved her ranking with a great HS senior season against better competition. Can’t get too worked up about this.

Last edited:

i think her rankings will improve after the showcase if she shows the young lady we know she can be. she was ranked the number 1 player in TN before she moved and was a likely choice for the Gatorade player of the year.

Also Karoline Striplin got an invite as well. Don’t know about our other recruits you would think Sara Puckett whose ranking have upticked would be one of the top 100 seniors invited.

i think her rankings will improve after the showcase if she shows the young lady we know she can be. she was ranked the number 1 player in TN before she moved and was a likely choice for the Gatorade player of the year.

Also Karoline Striplin got an invite as well. Don’t know about our other recruits you would think Sara Puckett whose ranking have upticked would be one of the top 100 seniors invited.
Kaiya didn’t play any tournaments at all this summer, that’s why her ranking dropped so much

Reactions: LadyVols_WBK
Kaiya didn’t play any tournaments at all this summer, that’s why her ranking dropped so much
Her ranking didn't drop. It was a different set of evaluators that replaced the guy who used to run Hoopgurlz. And I don't think she was in the Prospect Nation rankings before this last update. I think it's more the typical issue with ranking the players who are not consensus top 20-30 players. Seems there is huge variances in the rankings for this group of players...especially a 5'9-6'0 SG, of which it seems there are an interchangeable ton of in this class.

Reactions: LadyVols_WBK
You wonder what these services are doing these days as Wynn is a top fifty player if anyone is. I really don't see a weakness in her game she can get to the rim and shoot it from long range. She has exceptional quickness and very intelligent in her play. She played on a really good team and was an unselfish player as far as shooting the ball. They had a lot of players that could score on that team. I think she should definitely rank as a top ten point guard but it won't matter because she will prove herself at Tennessee.

With regard to Puckett and Striplin, remember that Sidney Spencer's highest ranking coming out of high school had her in the mid 30s. If either, or both, Puckett or Striplin can progress and contribute like Sidney Spencer did for the Lady Vols, I, for one, will be very pleased to see them in Orange!

Jim

VN Store

Back