2021 Lady Vol Recruiting Thread

Is there mutual Interest between Hunter and Tennessee because I don’t know if she was been recruited or not.

Is there mutual Interest between Hunter and Tennessee because I don’t know if she was been recruited or not.
I haven't seen any teams for this player and she doesn't mention any, but says she will be committed somewhere by September. I figure that probably Baylor, Texas A&M are after her. I doubt Texas is a factor as he has a scholarship problem. I think our best bet for another guard is Brooklyn Miles. Other than her plus were in the top seven for Shavers and top 12 for Wiggins see no one else that we have offered or has mentioned us as a school of interest.

I agree about Miles and always felt that Tennessee has a better shot getting her here than with McPherson whom I always felt was a long shot. although I’m bummed about not getting Key I do wish her well at UNC and I’m happy with the three players we already got. If we do get Wiggins and Miles to close out the class they would be nice too.

I agree about Miles and always felt that Tennessee has a better shot getting her here than with McPherson whom I always felt was a long shot. although I’m bummed about not getting Key I do wish her well at UNC and I’m happy with the three players we already got. If we do get Wiggins and Miles to close out the class they would be nice too.

Seems that way. But there is a large rating gap from McPherson to her. Should they hold off until 22 have the most attractive sell especially if/when you know you are not ready to compete for a final four this year?

Reactions: mcannon1
Is Hunter considering TN? Would love to have her in orange.

Haven't seen anything to suggest either way, but hope we're making the effort. She is a really impressive player and strikes me as someone who will become a real impact player for some program.

It might be hard to get her out of Texas since Rice, TAMU, and Houston are all interested. She's close to Rory Harmon...think they've played as a duo since before high school. Playing and practicing against another elite guard for years is a great help.

She's a complete player and strong leader. Good range and ankle-breaking crossover. Draws contact while finishing on drives. Really like her passing skills, too. Saw her make a one-handed pass off the dribble on a break over the entire defense to hit a teammate in stride for an open teammate (shades of Stockton to Malone vs. Bulls).

I mean anything is possible so I’m not gonna say they shouldn’t try if they haven’t already started going after her it’s just that I think it might be hard to pry her away from those other schools that have been recruiting her all along.

Reactions: creekdipper
Honestly, we don't know what the recruiting focus is right now. We have no inside info and the recruiting staff has done a phenomenal job of managing information. The funny thing about discussing recruiting is that targets are mentioned and momentum builds between glowing reports until someone calls them a must get. Then commitment anticipation starts to build. There's great joy when the player commits and great sadness when they select someone else. Its an emotional roller coaster ride and it's fascinating that we are drawn to it like we are.

Seems that way. But there is a large rating gap from McPherson to her. Should they hold off until 22 have the most attractive sell especially if/when you know you are not ready to compete for a final four this year?

Don't worry about the gap and ratings on Miles,,,she is legit....If you know my history, I don't give shout outs for many players individually, but I see Miles and Wiggins as two we keep a spot open for...Miles is a speed guard and Wiggins has a very versatile game.

The recruiting has gone pretty much as expected! Except for Teonni ... Stricklin, then Wynn , and Pucket came on a little later than expected. But Teonni was OBVIOUSLY making other considerations! I wish her well and hope she gets a good education.... cannot blame her for staying close to home and getting a good degree !
I will give the coaches props for keeping the recruiting under the radar ... I think they will get what we need and I like what they have done so far ! I have seen the Mercedes’s , DD, Evina’s , Hayes , ..... I hated those years and I can’t wait to see the next couple of years ! Basic BB principles and team basketball 🏀 Looking forward to that !

The recruiting has gone pretty much as expected! Except for Teonni ... Stricklin, then Wynn , and Pucket came on a little later than expected. But Teonni was OBVIOUSLY making other considerations! I wish her well and hope she gets a good education.... cannot blame her for staying close to home and getting a good degree !
I will give the coaches props for keeping the recruiting under the radar ... I think they will get what we need and I like what they have done so far ! I have seen the Mercedes’s , DD, Evina’s , Hayes , ..... I hated those years and I can’t wait to see the next couple of years ! Basic BB principles and team basketball 🏀 Looking forward to that !

Funny you say that because I didn’t know about Wynn or which was she was leaning. I knew she visited but she had lots of offers. Puckett and Striplin yes ... Wynn had no idea.

Reactions: Bret178
Funny you say that because I didn’t know about Wynn or which was she was leaning. I knew she visited but she had lots of offers. Puckett and Striplin yes ... Wynn had no idea.

And they all three can play different positions! Which seems to be a pattern with Kelly. It seems like Darby and Suarez are multiple position players ! More flexibility in substitutions ... Still looking for another PG!

Even if we don't commit or sign anymore players the roster will certainly still be up to a lot of changes due to the transfer portal and Grad Transfers. We'll wait and see what Shavers, Wiggins, and Miles decide then still will be a long way from the final 2021 roster as transfer portal has made that another recruiting season as has Grad Transfers. Maybe we will get a surprise like Hollingshead to Tennessee that would be awesome.

No you have Jasmine Shavers I don’t know of any others but who knows with this staff they keep things close to the vest. Even TN leans are kept super quiet
I thought Shavers was off the table ... it’s O’marah Gordon and Miles at pg and Hollingshead the last post recruit. This class may be done

Reactions: mcannon1
No you have Jasmine Shavers I don’t know of any others but who knows with this staff they keep things close to the vest. Even TN leans are kept super quiet

From what I can see these are the prospects left

UT 2021 Prospects as of June 14th

O.M. Gordon, 33-H, 25-P, 28-BS, 47-ASGR
B Miles, 46-H
J. Shavers, 60-H, 67-ASGR
J. Hollingshead, 31-H, 34-P, 16-BS, 5-ASGR

The first page needs to be edited.

I was gonna bring up a Shavers too but wasn’t sure if Tennessee was still in the picture. I don’t really know What schools Hollingshead is looking at.

The first page needs to be edited.

I was gonna bring up a Shavers too but wasn’t sure if Tennessee was still in the picture. I don’t really know What schools Hollingshead is looking at.

TN is in the pic because they were in the last 8 when she chopped her list down. Now how much interest I don’t know but they are still in the running as far as the schools she was going to keep in communication with.

Reactions: Volfaninfl2

VN Store

Back