2021 Lady Vol Recruiting Thread

any of the four would be fine by me, in truth

Nice. I’m sure they could all contribute and that’s not a knock of any of their talent levels I just want a pg and I think Key would be a nightmare.

But Ms Wiggins if you wanna dunk on some of our opponents come on down

Last edited:
I’m not saying that they aren’t all good players but we need another PG for sure and I can say either Teonni or Wiggins would be good I just don’t want to end up not getting a pg.

No battle here, VA....I want a backup PG for Jordan in the worst way and Miles or McPherson fits the bill.
ANd agree also with your statement, to me Teonni and Mo are interchangeable at their spot

No battle here, VA....I want a backup PG for Jordan in the worst way and Miles or McPherson fits the bill.
ANd agree also with your statement, to me Teonni and Mo are interchangeable at their spot

Here either I think (well I know) we want the same thing ... LV success. How tall is Mo? Can she play the 2-4?

Here either I think (well I know) we want the same thing ... LV success. How tall is Mo? Can she play the 2-4?
she's 6 foot and can play 2-4, yes
I see her as a 3 or stretch 4, she is a scorer and has a good midrange game

her evals:
LBI Thanksgiving Classic-November 2019: Athletic combo-guard rebounds, attacks in transition game; manufactures shots, rises on jumper in mid-range game; drives and delivers in traffic; a stock-riser in the class of 2021. (Olson)

Nike Nationals-July 2019: Athletic guard with versatility on the perimeter; quick-leaper, rebounds and pushes tempo; competes on the glass, rises over defenders and knocks down shots in mid-range game. (Olson)

Boo Williams Invitational-April 2019: Explosively athletic guard rebounds and attacks the defense in transition game; mid-range game creator, drives and finishes plays in traffic; potential. (Olson)

Questions for the board:

Committed:
- Karoline Striplin
- Kaiya Wynn

How many more do you think we take?
Which one's do you think we get?

I'll say 3... Key, Puckett, and McPherson

I’m just curious if you know why she is only ranked on Hoopgurlz (46) and not on ASGR, Prospect Nation or Bluestar?

Not trolling, but it seems odd to me. She does look like a top 50 player.

I can't speak for the graders, but if they had seen her play, she'd be ranked,,,,they can't see all of them and most of them follow everyone else's lead...This is the flaw in rating, they should travel in packs and look at the same things, then their ratings would be apples to apples

Reactions: krichunaka
I’m just curious if you know why she is only ranked on Hoopgurlz (46) and not on ASGR, Prospect Nation or Bluestar?

She’s ranked 154 for Bluestar. Also ranked for ASGR but outside of top 75.

Check out her shooting percentages. She can drive and hit a layup. Look at her free throw percent, and her shooting percent from 3. Her overall shooting percent of course includes layups.

Reactions: Ladyvolfan4ever
I guess they have seen her.
Not necessarily. I remember a report a few years ago regarding Dan Olsen and ESPN. ESPN had essentially reduced their Hoopgurlz staff to solely Dan Olsen and had cut the budget for travel. So, instead of going to events to rate players, Olsen relied(es) on reports from third parties. I really don't know if this remains true today, but it would not surprise me!

Jim

Reactions: Volfaninfl2
Not necessarily. I remember a report a few years ago regarding Dan Olsen and ESPN. ESPN had essentially reduced their Hoopgurlz staff to solely Dan Olsen and had cut the budget for travel. So, instead of going to events to rate players, Olsen relied(es) on reports from third parties. I really don't know if this remains true today, but it would not surprise me!

Jim

Brooklynn has been seen by everyone. KY premier was at all the big tourneys last couple of summers and features a BCS level roster. Coaches and evaluators have both seen her.

Prospects Nation seems to be a little behind the others in terms of updates, but the other three services have her evaluated.

Agree that too much stock is put into the ranking of one person—and that goes both ways (high and low ranked players). It’s why I prefer to look at the consensus rankings and still keep in mind to take the rankings with a grain of salt.

VN Store

Back