2021 Lady Vol Recruiting Thread

It would depend on how many we take in 2020. I think we have 8(?) openings at the point between the 2020 and 2021 classes.

We have 12 on our roster for this year 2019 -20. We have two seniors leaving after this year. That leaves ten on the roster for the following year of 2020-21. ( OR the incoming class of 2020). Fifteen scholarships minus the ten if all come back .... leaves five scholarships for 2020 class !

For the incoming class of 2021..... We have two seniors. (Davis and KK) ..... However, there is some uncertainty about Jaiden McCoy as whether she can get another year for her previous injury ???

So depending on 2020 scholarships and two or three seniors the following year after this one ..... will give us somewhere between ONE—— EIGHT scholarships for 2021????

Wheeuuhhh! I am glad to clear that up? 🤔

Looking at the recruits for 2021..... I noticed a few things.

They average a little over 6 feet tall .

They are from all over the US. ( NJ., NC., NY.,
Ok., KS., Wa., I’ll., Ga., Ark., OH., ALA.,)

Just saying!

Reactions: Volfaninfl2
why is not Azzi Fudd not on the list?

Probably because most/majority of those listed have been linked to TN somehow either through them announcing receiving a scholarship offer or another outlet. I am sure TN is/had recruited her but I wonder if there is mutual interest. She hasn’t said who is recruiting her or which way she is leaning.

Probably because most/majority of those listed have been linked to TN somehow either through them announcing receiving a scholarship offer or another outlet. I am sure TN is/had recruited her but I wonder if there is mutual interest. She hasn’t said who is recruiting her or which way she is leaning.
She's being heavily pursued by UConn

Reactions: mcannon1
That and MD I know that because I live in the area. She visits MD often as well just going to games. She is a family person so I wouldn’t bet against her going to MD or UConn

If she's a regular visitor to Maryland, I would imagine there's a strong possibility that she's asked a certain first-year Terp about Tennessee, and since that new Terp left Knoxville without any warm and fuzzy feelings for the program or its fans, I wouldn't count on the Lady Vols having any chance whatsoever.

Reactions: di21 and krichunaka
If she's a regular visitor to Maryland, I would imagine there's a strong possibility that she's asked a certain first-year Terp about Tennessee, and since that new Terp left Knoxville without any warm and fuzzy feelings for the program or its fans, I wouldn't count on the Lady Vols having any chance whatsoever.

In the same token let’s hope that the Key sisters have some pull with Saniya Rivers ! She said she used to want to go to UConn but now she wants to beat them ! I would gladly take Rivers as she reminds me of Zay Green but with a slightly more polished offensive game (she has been the go to player it seems for awhile) while Zay’s offensive game was good but she knows how to spread the wealth coming from her program.

That and MD I know that because I live in the area. She visits MD often as well just going to games. She is a family person so I wouldn’t bet against her going to MD or UConn

Maybe you meant ND . Thats been her primary school during recruitment from what ive heard.

Maybe you meant ND . Thats been her primary school during recruitment from what ive heard.

Could be. But some people I know in some b-ball circles have said they have seen her at a couple of MD games. Now she could just be going because of the area and closeness with no intent at all but I know some of the people she has hooped with in that area has been recruited by MD as well. It’s all up in the air til they actually sign but I wouldn’t bet against MD either. Muffet can coach... I am interested to see how Ivey leaving does to the program if anything. She is true blue ND and when you watch or the players talk about their coaches they often say how they connect with her.

Also her mom names her afternoon Jennifer Azzi (Stanford) so that school combined with academics? I wouldn’t put it passed her choosing any school though because I think her family will be involved but allow her to make her own decision.

Shoot maybe the family atmosphere at TN sways her this way? Maybe Geno pulls two number 1s in a row? It will be interesting but I am really interested in if TN makes S. Rivers top list of schools.

Last edited:
Virginia Vol, I have always valued your knowledge and recruitment wisdom.

FYI Jennifer Azzi graduated from Oak Ridge HS and the LVs attempted to sign her. (family smile)

At my age and decades of observing recruitment I know I can't predict what young adults and their parents will do re signing scholarships. Recent example was the last two weeks before signing 2018 by South Carolina. We will know more about interest in LVs after the first year of KJH's coaching. Fudd is touted to be the once in a decade player, thus the university she attends will automatically become top tier with her arrival. Maybe she will follow Curry's legend and go to Davidson. lots of time to speculate before november 2020

Ann Killion: Jennifer Azzi helped lift Stanford basketball – The Mercury News

But Tennessee had its eyes on another guard. And Azzi said she was never that interested in Tennessee, the school where most of her classmates were headed. She was looking for something different, and that’s what Stanford could offer.

Tonya Edwards was in that same class, and IIRC, H.S. junior Kris Durham had already committed to Tennessee. So neither school “lost” on the recruiting front.

Last edited:
Figured we could start a catch-all thread for 2021 recruiting.

A few prospects:
- Olivia Miles
- Saniya Rivers
- Amari DeBerry
- Aaliyah Moore
- Payton Verhulst
- Talia von Oelhoffen
- Greta Kampschroeder
- Raven Johnson
- Jersey Wolfenbarger
- Aubryanna Hall
- Teonni Key
- Sara Puckett
Raven Johnson recently visited Waco.

New 2021 visit

Is this Jordan with her ? Bree is listed at 5’11” and Jordan is 6’1”....... Something looks off ?

I find it interesting that Prospect Nation does not list her but Hoopgurlz does ???? But still early ! Time will tell 🤷‍♂️

Is this Jordan with her ? Bree is listed at 5’11” and Jordan is 6’1”....... Something looks off ?

I find it interesting that Prospect Nation does not list her but Hoopgurlz does ???? But still early ! Time will tell 🤷‍♂️
They both have grown and those heights are always off. Bree has grown and Jordan has too. Check them standing next to 6’4 and 6’5.

VN Store

Back