2021 Lady Vol Recruiting Thread

Ole Miss is going from terrible to very good quickly. They had the number one SEC class in 2020 and Nesbitt is returning next season. If Austin were eligible they would jump to the top part of the SEC.

Reactions: VolBall09
Jesse is not a BH on the SEC level...go back and watch her.
She is a shooter and a decent passer if not under immediate high pressure defense

15D8404B-5B34-45C7-BA6F-AA6655A3542A.jpeg
Anyone know if we are on Carmyn Harrison? She’s top 50 on ESPN out of West Tn and related to LVFL Izzy Harrison. I think she averaged a triple-double this HS season.

Reactions: Volfaninfl2
I’m not sure of the interest but I know it wouldn’t make sense to sign her and Striplin then try to recruit Sara as well
Well with the uncertainty of younger Key looming. But I get what you’re saying. I’m not even sure what type of “forward” could be more of a 3-4

Last edited:

Angel Reese isnt even on campus yet and this Terps team is already imploding. I wonder if the three recent defections (Mikesell, Owens, Austin) have anything to do with Reese's desire to step in as a freshman and immediately be the main go-to player, focal point of the offense. Her club coach has come out in the past and stated that Reese is very difficult to coach at times, citing her attitude issues. And given that and everything else I've heard about Reese, I think Frese will have her hands full with her however long she is a Terp (which I'm guessing will be 2 or less years).

I am a little curious about all the posting of announcements of players committing to other schools. Understandable if we were recruiting them, but otherwise seems to be a case of Wrong Thread.

Agreed. Those belong in the non-lady vol thread. Unless we were in their final choices I don’t see how those posts relate to us. Aside from people just rubbing salt in our wounds lol

My perception is that Striplin already committed gives us the player to step in with Key and Saunders who will be juniors. Green will fill that role next season. We may be looking for another post as well for 2021 considering we lose three. Also just based on how many times players have visited and other tweets and post Puckett and Key seem to be two players we want to come in to fill the void for Davis. I am sure there are also some other players that were also recruiting in case we get neither of these two players don't even want to think about not getting one of these two. I think we want a two guard combo guard like Wynn or Hall. I think we only want one for that position with Burrell, Darby, and Salary all back in 2021. We certainly want a point guard and there are a lot of candidates on our board. I get the impression that Harmon and Gordon are the key players were working on. I see Raven Johnson and Wilson on the board, but keep hearing Johnson is a Louisville lean and Wilson comments about playing with the big Canadian post that has already committed elsewhere seems to make her less likely. Here is what I would like to see happen hopefully in the next three or four months.

PG-Harmon or Gordon of course Johnson if she decides Louisville is not her choice. We need one of these three.
Key and Puckett we need both these players and certainly need one of them. This would be the biggest let down of this class if both these players go elsewhere.
2G- We need one top choices would be Wynn or Hall. Jasmine Shavers is another we are recruiting haven't heard much about where we stand with her. We will need a two guard combo guard in this class.
PF C- We need another post player in 2021. Leaving will be KK, Green, and McCoy. We will be left with Key, Saunders, and Striplin. Maryam Dauda is just a state away in Arkansas. I would think that Goldwire has some kind of relationship with her and also Wolfenbarger although keep hearing Wolfenbarger is a huge Arkansas lean.

Overall if we could go something like this would consider it a great job by the coaches:

PG-Gordon
SG-Wynn
WF-Key and Puckett
PF-Dauda and Striplin

I know that is six players but considering the current makeup of the team would be great to be willing to take six players.This would make 2021 look like this:

Burrell, Horston, Darby, Salary, Rennie, Gordon, and Wynn
Key, Saunders, Striplin and Dauda
Key and Puckett

This would be a very versatile roster that could give you a depth chart that looked like this:

PG-Horston, Gordon, Wynn, Salary
2G-Burrell, Salary, Darby, Wynn, Rennie
WF-Key, Puckett, Burrell
PF-Striplin, Dauda
C-Key, Saunders

Were down to a roster of 8 players for 2021 this with commit Striplin included. I think we need to add four certainly and five would be ideal always thought 13 was the best roster amount. Of course I did not even consider any transfers that we may consider instead of freshmen recruits. However we decide to go about filling the roster for 2021 need four for sure and five would JMO be ideal.

For 2020 we need at least another point guard could use a combo shooting guard as well if she was a superior player.

I am surprised I don't see anything about Carmyn Harrison 6'3" post from Memphis on this post. She looks like she would be a good pickup. Any one know anything about her?

Christian Simmons
@WeWorkHoops

Hutchinson School (TN)/TN Flight Silver 2021 6’3 Forward Carmyn Harrison will have a virtual home visit with NC State this weekend.
1:57 PM · Apr 18, 2020·Twitter for iPhone

Any interest from KJH?
I had been wondering the same thing, but there does not appear to be any interest. Harrison has seemed to garner interest from Texas A&M, NC State, Penn State, Rutgers, Arkansas, Memphis, and others.

I’m guessing Maryam Dauda is the top post target in 2021.

VN Store

Back