2021 College World Series Game Discussion Thread: Bracket 1 and Bracket 2 (excluding Tennessee)

Every school/team agrees to accept total responsibility for the health of their traveling group. Every group member has agreed to their personal responsibility to be forthcoming about their health situation. Avett himself said the team had several players “fighting a bug” —that bug, it turned out, was Covid.

NC State was responsible to get sick members of their group away from the group and everyone else in Omaha, and get them tested. They not only didn’t do that, they let those kids play in several games.

No matter what you think of the NCAA rules, NC state agreed to them and flaunted them. They got exactly what they knew was coming if this happened.
That’s factually not true. They removed Justice from Jarrett’s room on Sunday so they did separate him from a sick teammate and quarantined him the entire time, testing him daily. Jarret, if he was unvaccinated, would’ve tested on Friday before the opening game and again on Sunday, before Monday’s game. If he played on Monday as he did, that’s because he was negative at the time of testing. If he was vaccinated then there was no reason to send him to get tested because that wasn’t the NCAA’s protocol. They tested him on Tuesday on their own accord after his symptoms worsened. Him being cleared Monday is on the NCAA because he was either not tested due to being vaxed or tested negative as part of the routine testing for unvaxed.

Friday, the day of the 2nd Vanderbilt matchup, 2 more showed signs and NCSU proactively sent them to get tested on their own that morning; they were both unvaxed and therefore should’ve been tested on Thursday as was normal protocol, to test the day before a game. If they tested negative Thursday, which would be the assumption given they were set to play Friday, then there would’ve been no reason to quarantine them leading up to Friday’s game.

The timeline (assuming it was conveyed in truth by the NCAA) is out there to read yet you continue to throw out statements that aren’t true and apply your own conjecture to how NCSU knowingly and misleadingly mishandled it.

Take your fanhood and hate of Vanderbilt out of this and think.
A NC State player tests negative but has already been exposed to Covid. He is carrying the virus while playing for the NC vs Ms St. Will Bednar is pitching for the Bulldogs in game 3. The player hits one to 1st and Bednar runs to cover 1st the player and Bednar and the player collide and are on the ground the NC State coughs on Bednar while he is on the ground. Bednar contracts Covid and is sick for 2 weeks and has lung damage. 2 years later He is drafted 7th overall and the lung issue is discovered during a physical and he’s told he probably should not play anymore. He just lost possibly 100 million dollars and can trace his lung issue back the CWS game vs NC State. Who suddenly becomes liable for allowing Covid carriers to play vs him?

While this may seem off the wall but it’s exactly how the NCAA’s lawyers are thinking. They do not care who wins the NC or who they PO their job is to cover the NCAA’s rear end!
Exposure doesn’t guarantee contraction and if he tests negative then how is he carrying the virus? Do you not see the absurdity in your own statement? You’re saying the test can’t necessarily be accurate in reading a negative, but it is accurate in reading a positive. It has nothing to do with fan-hood.

I was “exposed” 3x that I know of, once for 3 days while staying at a co-workers house, traveling daily in his vehicle and standing around a bar every night at a hunting lodge. Not only did I not contract it, neither did the other 30 hunters we shared 3 meals a day with in a dining room and numerous drinks around the bar every night.

Side note, don’t come to a rivals message board and tell us how to think things through and what glasses to put on. Instead of playing pocket pool with the other 5 fans y’all have on your own message board, you and Mike are over here arguing with us and puffing out your chest on how NCSU got what they deserved and Vandy earned the right to be playing on a Tuesday night. It’s the very condescension y’all are displaying here that makes everyone despise your team/university. Like the one moron and his wife who showed up at LNS in the 5th inning and pitched a fit when a TN fan was in his seat then began to murmur smartass comments for several innings until he finally realized where he was and Evan Russell made him quiet down.

Last edited:
Exposure doesn’t guarantee contraction and if he tests negative then how is he carrying the virus? Do you not see the absurdity in your own statement? You’re saying the test can’t necessarily be accurate in reading a negative, but it is accurate in reading a positive. It has nothing to do with fan-hood.

I was “exposed” 3x that I know of, once for 3 days while staying at a co-workers house, traveling daily in his vehicle and standing around a bar every night at a hunting lodge. Not only did I not contract it, neither did the other 30 hunters we shared 3 meals a day with in a dining room and numerous drinks around the bar every night.

Side note, don’t come to a rivals message board and tell us how to think things through and what glasses to put on. Instead of playing pocket pool with the other 5 fans y’all have on your own message board, you and Mike are over here arguing with us and puffing out your chest on how NCSU got what they deserved and Vandy earned the right to be playing on a Tuesday night. It’s the very condescension y’all are displaying here that makes everyone despise your team/university. Like the one moron and his wife who showed up at LNS in the 5th inning and pitched a fit when a TN fan was in his seat then began to murmur smartass comments for several innings until he finally realized where he was and Evan Russell made him quiet down.
Look, I’m just a guy. You don’t like me because I happen to cheer for another school. So what? Why be condescending just because you can be? I’m not trying to pick a fight with you. So why pick a fight with me?
If you don’t want to converse with me, then don’t! You can simply ignore me or even use tools to ignore me in the forum. I’m not trying to win arguments with you or anyone else. It’s baseball, that’s it.

Look, I’m just a guy. You don’t like me because I happen to cheer for another school. So what? Why be condescending just because you can be? I’m not trying to pick a fight with you. So why pick a fight with me?
If you don’t want to converse with me, then don’t! You can simply ignore me or even use tools to ignore me in the forum. I’m not trying to win arguments with you or anyone else. It’s baseball, that’s it.
I’m not picking a fight with you. You’re beating a drum that NCSU, in essence, got what they deserved, while calling their players both selfish and dumb. Who’s condescending? You’re not even willing to comment, let alone admit, that the protocols make absolutely zero sense and that the game deserved to be played as 19 vs. 27; regardless of their vaccination status.

Reactions: volfan__18

I am just saying what the NCAA legal council is thinking even if it’s a 1/10000 chance they would rather disqualify a team than face libel issues years later.

Now on to this if there’s only a few 100 Vanderbilt fans then why help them? NC State was a massively better story and this decision puts a black cloud over your premier baseball showcase. Plus the ratings and ESPN contracts are taking a hit. Also now the reputation of Tim Corbin is damaged along with potentially having what fans like you see as a illegitimate Champion.

Also this is a public forum and I have not made any personal attacks towards anyone and have endured several.

Take your fanhood and hate of Vanderbilt out of this and think.
A NC State player tests negative but has already been exposed to Covid. He is carrying the virus while playing for the NC vs Ms St. Will Bednar is pitching for the Bulldogs in game 3. The player hits one to 1st and Bednar runs to cover 1st the player and Bednar and the player collide and are on the ground the NC State coughs on Bednar while he is on the ground. Bednar contracts Covid and is sick for 2 weeks and has lung damage. 2 years later He is drafted 7th overall and the lung issue is discovered during a physical and he’s told he probably should not play anymore. He just lost possibly 100 million dollars and can trace his lung issue back the CWS game vs NC State. Who suddenly becomes liable for allowing Covid carriers to play vs him?

While this may seem off the wall but it’s exactly how the NCAA’s lawyers are thinking. They do not care who wins the NC or who they PO their job is to cover the NCAA’s rear end!

OR, the runner WAS vaccinated and and yet carrying the disease (note the four NCS players who were vaccinated and tested positive), though un-symptomatic, and in the collision spit flies from his face into Bednar's, face, and he comes down with COVID, etc, etc. Would the NCAA still be liable?

OR, the runner WAS vaccinated and and yet carrying the disease (note the four NCS players who were vaccinated and tested positive), though un-symptomatic, and in the collision spit flies from his face into Bednar's, face, and he comes down with COVID, etc, etc. Would the NCAA still be liable?
Yes since they allowed a team with multiple Covid positive players to play! Why do you think Kroger and Wal Mart require masks it is all out of fear of liable lawsuits. Georgia actually passed a law stating that a business is not liable if you catch covid in their building and none of those places require masks or vaccine anymore.

Yes since they allowed a team with multiple Covid positive players to play! Why do you think Kroger and Wal Mart require masks it is all out of fear of liable lawsuits. Georgia actually passed a law stating that a business is not liable if you catch covid in their building and none of those places require masks or vaccine anymore.
Neither of those stores still require masks my dude

Reactions: volz2wallz

VN Store

Back