2021 College World Series Game Discussion Thread: Bracket 1 and Bracket 2 (excluding Tennessee)

He already blamed the hitting coach for the offensive woes last night…haven’t heard anything about the Rocker E to get things started though…but hey, Corbin said everything that needed to be said post game.

GBO!!!

Here's what I saw.

They got out pitched.
They got out hit.
And the defense played like crap.
It was a total team effort.

Noland? The worst hitter in their lineup, Parker?

Laugh out loud. For better or worse, he isn't the worst hitter in the lineup. But, he definitely wasn't the best. The worst goes to the SS or Isaiah Thomas (the RF).

Edit: by worst, I don't reference pure stats. I mean most holes in the swing, easiest to get out, etc.

Laugh out loud. For better or worse, he isn't the worst hitter in the lineup. But, he definitely wasn't the best. The worst goes to the SS or Isaiah Thomas (the RF).

Edit: by worst, I don't reference pure stats. I mean most holes in the swing, easiest to get out, etc.

I see. My bad for mistaking the guy with more strikeouts in 2 years and a .260 avg as the worse hitter, instead of the guy with less strikeouts and a .300+ career average over 3 years. I would’ve thought hitting for average and not striking out are good indicators of who’s harder to get out.

Last edited:
Reactions: volman128 and txbo
I see. My bad for mistaking the guy with more strikeouts in 2 years and a .260 avg as the worse hitter, instead of the guy with less strikeouts and a .300+ career average over 3 years. I would’ve thought hitting for average and not striking out are good indicators of who’s harder to get out.

Higher level pitching absolutely smokes Thomas and the SS. Going 4-4 against ETSU or Alabama doesn’t mean much (to me).

There’s a reason both got dropped to the 7-9 hole. They’re both kind of like Lipscious (sp). Can hit certain pitches really well but struggle against high level pitching and execution. Just holes in the swing (currently).

They game was over, State Hassan great bullpen, kid was pitching on short rest, and is projected as a first round pick. Don’t kill the kid’s arm when he has a pro career to think about. Good job, Coach.
Makes sense - but how cool would it be to tell you kids and grandkids that you pitched a no-hitter in the championship game of the college World Series…
@txbo - tried to double quote but fail

Reactions: txbo
As easy as it’s to pull against Vandy, it was easy to pull for MS State. They have a very likable Coach and team. Plus, they were so due and worthy of a CWS championship. Their fans may be the best college baseball fans in the country. Plus, their stadium is the best in the US. Very happy for them.

VN Store

Back