2021 College World Series Game Discussion Thread: Bracket 1 and Bracket 2 (excluding Tennessee)

The NCAA shouldn’t allow baseball or any sports for that matter. It’s too dangerous because of COVID. Reckless and irresponsible for Vanderbilt who were exposed to potential infected players of NC State to continue playing. Don’t they care about the grandmas who are packed into the stands?

Reactions: Ernest T. Vol
I will add another: Why did NC State file a game roster a week earlier one player short? If State covered up a positive test, and they knowingly played a positive non-vaccinated player, this would partly explain the hard lines the NCAA kept.
Who gives a rats ass if they’re vaccinated or not? The NCAA forced them out of a game for having positive, vaccinated players so clearly the vaccine is meaningless as it relates to eligibility. The question is why weren’t Vanderbilt vaccinated players tested as well? If the NCAA is arbitrarily going to change mid-steam, their policy of not testing vaccinated players then why aren’t those arbitrary guidelines not applied to both dugouts?

Also, what’s the point of contact tracing people who you’ve tested and have come back negative? Why is a positive test automatically accepted/trusted while a negative is thrown out the window? The unvaccinated guys who were all held out Friday, tested negative that night and were still “contact traced” and put in quarantine/Covid protocol (whatever the hell that means) on Saturday, thus leading to NCSU not being able to field a team. The whole testing thing is a farce; across the board. I was tested once (mandated by work) and was told I was negative by the testing facility but that I should treat it like a positive and continue quarantining cause it could’ve been too early to catch it in my system; WTF!? If it’s in you then it should manifest itself in a test, if it doesn’t then the test isn’t specific/tailored enough.

How did Vandy ruin the College World Series? They play the games presented to them. They had nothing whatsoever to do with the fiasco around NC State and the NCAA.
Everyone wants to blame them for something out of their control. Just pure hate and lies about what happened. People have made Corbin the villain and took a quote from him after the game on Friday and applied it to the NCAA decision (which was almost word for word what he said after the GA Tech win BTW) Also the crazy people believe he had something to do with the NCAA decision without and evidence and NC State officials deny he had anything to do with it.

NC State was not guaranteed to win those games and everyone acts as if they lit up Vanderbilt in that First game. It was actually just a one pitch game. UMass Hockey also deserves an asterisk since top ranked Michigan didn’t play in the tournament because of Covid.

Who gives a rats ass if they’re vaccinated or not? The NCAA forced them out of a game for having positive, vaccinated players so clearly the vaccine is meaningless as it relates to eligibility. The question is why weren’t Vanderbilt vaccinated players tested as well? If the NCAA is arbitrarily going to change mid-steam, their policy of not testing vaccinated players then why aren’t those arbitrary guidelines not applied to both dugouts?

Also, what’s the point of contact tracing people who you’ve tested and have come back negative? Why is a positive test automatically accepted/trusted while a negative is thrown out the window? The unvaccinated guys who were all held out Friday, tested negative that night and were still “contact traced” and put in quarantine/Covid protocol (whatever the hell that means) on Saturday, thus leading to NCSU not being able to field a team. The whole testing thing is a farce; across the board. I was tested once (mandated by work) and was told I was negative by the testing facility but that I should treat it like a positive and continue quarantining cause it could’ve been too early to catch it in my system; WTF!? If it’s in you then it should manifest itself in a test, if it doesn’t then the test isn’t specific/tailored enough.
All Vanderbilt players, coaches and personal were tested on Saturday and all passed!! Personally I think NC State should have been allowed to play. The NCAA is afraid of lawsuits from players that test positive. The NCAA is afraid that Covid positive players would claim that playing in the CWS affected their health and prevented them from making the majors and sue the NCAA for liability. That’s why they are so strict with their policies.

Last edited:
All Vanderbilt players, coaches and personal were tested on Saturday and all passed!!
The game was called at 1:10am Saturday. So they took a test for a game they weren’t playing? They took a test on Sunday before today’s game according to Kendall Rogers.

Were they retested Friday morning an hour before the game like NCSU? No. NCSU had 1 positive on Tuesday (Jarrett) and then one positive on Thursday or Friday (Justice) then all all unvaccinated players were made to go test again on Friday an hour before the game, with the NCAA knowing results wouldn’t be in; therefore they were all held out. The protocol was you tested every other day, the day before your game, therefore NCSU tested on Thursday like Vanderbilt and was fine except for 1 guy.

Last edited:
Even if it’s not Vandy’s fault for “just playing the games they’re told to play”, it still is a fake championship because they were gifted a free-pass to the championship series. You can say what you want as a fan to try and justify the championship, but they played one less game than MSU and they played another game against a gimped roster that stood no chance of winning. It will forever be an asterisk championship.

Reactions: Zues1
Even if it’s not Vandy’s fault for “just playing the games they’re told to play”, it still is a fake championship because they were gifted a free-pass to the championship series. You can say what you want as a fan to try and justify the championship, but they played one less game than MSU and they played another game against a gimped roster that stood no chance of winning. It will forever be an asterisk championship.
Would you feel the same way if it was Tennessee? Be honest!

If I’m being honest, I’m sure I would be putting on a dog and pony show just like you all about why it’s a real title, but on the surface other people’s complaints would be entirely justified and it would be fair for the title to be questioned. Fans can shill, that’s why they’re called fans, so I don’t blame you all for doing it. But it’s a fake championship.

The game was called at 1:10am Saturday. So they took a test for a game they weren’t playing? They took a test on Sunday before today’s game according to Kendall Rogers.

Were they retested Friday morning an hour before the game like NCSU? No. NCSU had 1 positive on Wednesday or Thursday (Jarrett) and then one positive on Thursday or Friday (Justice) then all all unvaccinated players were made to go test again on Friday an hour before the game, with the NCAA knowing results wouldn’t be in; therefore they were all held out. The protocol was you tested every other day, the day before your game, therefore NCSU tested on Thursday like Vanderbilt and was fine except for 1 guy.
so you admit that Vanderbilt did indeed get tested but are complaining that they were not tested?
One positive test caused the whole team to be tested Vanderbilt had no positive tests.

If I’m being honest, I’m sure I would be putting on a dog and pony show just like you all about why it’s a real title, but on the surface other people’s complaints would be entirely justified and it would be fair for the title to be questioned. Fans can shill, that’s why they’re called fans, so I don’t blame you all for doing it. But it’s a fake championship.
Not one Vanderbilt fan is happy about what happened Friday and Saturday but it’s out of our control. We would rather have watched Vanderbilt beat NC St both games even if it meant burning Leiter and Rocker. Most of us was excited about the team’s chances in those games!!
So what are the team supposed to do lay down to State? Is it a fake Championship if Miss St wins it since they didn’t beat NC State? Is UMass Hockey a real champion since Michigan didn’t play in the Hockey tournament?

Would you feel the same way if it was Tennessee? Be honest!
Yes. BUT..... I would be glad it was US that lucked into it rather than someone else.

One has to ask the question however.....would the Vols get the same decision if they were waiting in the semis that Vandy did?

Everyone wants to blame them for something out of their control. Just pure hate and lies about what happened. People have made Corbin the villain and took a quote from him after the game on Friday and applied it to the NCAA decision (which was almost word for word what he said after the GA Tech win BTW) Also the crazy people believe he had something to do with the NCAA decision without and evidence and NC State officials deny he had anything to do with it.

NC State was not guaranteed to win those games and everyone acts as if they lit up Vanderbilt in that First game. It was actually just a one pitch game. UMass Hockey also deserves an asterisk since top ranked Michigan didn’t play in the tournament because of Covid.

NC state didn’t “light y’all up” but y’all couldn’t hit their true freshman pitcher who had to play the field and hit. They outplayed you and gave you all you could handle. Highfill had never been to the plate and went 3-4 off rocker. Guarantee you wouldn’t be here. If you’re so butt hurt about our opinions you could go chat with all four of the folks on Vandy mania.

The quote feature on my phone is broken for some weird reason, but to answer your question @Crossvilleman if MSU wins it would not be fake because they would have played an actual full, complete set of games as intended, pretty simple logic to follow really. No games skipped. No free passes. They would have earned it.

so you admit that Vanderbilt did indeed get tested but are complaining that they were not tested?
One positive test caused the whole team to be tested Vanderbilt had no positive tests.
I admit the unvaccinated members of Vanderbilt were tested Thursday before the NCSU game and I don’t know who they decided before today’s game, but none of them were tested immediately before the NCSU game Friday morning. Why are the NCSU results from Thursday not good enough for Friday’s game but Vanderbilt’s we’re? The tests are a complete crap shoot so the more you test the better chance you “find something” or get a faulty read. The NCAA said that the positivity rate in all of the tests they’ve administered during championship events/tournaments is 0.04%. Yet NCSU has a positivity rate of 30% team wide and 31% amongst their vaccinated team members? It can happen to any team but I find it slightly ironic (maybe fishy, maybe coincidental) that this just happens to the one non, blue-blood, playing the best baseball in the tournament.

Last edited:
Yes. BUT..... I would be glad it was US that lucked into it rather than someone else.

One has to ask the question however.....would the Vols get the same decision if they were waiting in the semis that Vandy did?
Yes if Miss St had 8 COVID positive players then they would have been disqualified. It’s about the potential lawsuits mainly same reason stores still require masks it’s out of fear that someone will sue them!!

NC state didn’t “light y’all up” but y’all couldn’t hit their true freshman pitcher who had to play the field and hit. They outplayed you and gave you all you could handle. Highfill had never been to the plate and went 3-4 off rocker. Guarantee you wouldn’t be here. If you’re so butt hurt about our opinions you could go chat with all four of the folks on Vandy mania.
“Guarantee.”

Sure.

It’s baseball. The #1 team all year didn’t even get out of its own regional. The teams that make Omaha have all earned it, including Tennessee. No one has been given anything.

I admit the unvaccinated members of Vanderbilt were tested Thursday before the NCSU game and I don’t know who they decided before today’s game, but none of them were tested immediately before the NCSU game Friday morning. Why are the NCSU results from Thursday not good enough for Friday’s game but Vanderbilt’s we’re? The tests are a complete crap shoot so the more you test the better chance you “find something” or get a faulty read. The NCAA said that the positivity rate in all of the tests they’ve administered during championship events/tournaments is 0.04%. Yet NCSU has a positivity rate of 30% team wide and 31% amongst their vaccinated team members? It can happen to any team but I find it slightly ironic (maybe fishy, maybe coincidental) that this just happens to the one non, blue-blood, playing the best baseball in the tournament.

Very likely because State had a disproportionately large number of unvaccinated people in their traveling party. Vandy had none. Everyone knew what would happen if you tested positive in Omaha. Everyone. How dumb do you have to be to be traveling to the CWS and choose to not get vaccinated?

Reactions: ohhbother
The real question is why are there Vandy fans up in here after a win?

Why aren’t they on a MSU site?

Why aren’t they celebrating at Vandy Mania or whatever it’s called now?

Reactions: Zues1 and JCP201
The real question is why are there Vandy fans up in here after a win?

Why aren’t they on a MSU site?

Why aren’t they celebrating at Vandy Mania or whatever it’s called now?
I have come here for years from time to time. State fans are incapable of having reasonable conversations with rival fans.

When can we expect the Nike team hats to be available again? It’s killing me. I want the all gray so bad. I saw a pic of Josh Josephs on in the recruiting forum wearing the white/orange bill on a visit. Wish our team wore that one sometime. Very clean look.

VN Store

Back