2021 College World Series Game Discussion Thread: Bracket 1 and Bracket 2 (excluding Tennessee)

In case anyone is interested, here’s the number to call ESPN and complain about the whistling monstrosity. #1-888-549-3776. I called at the end of the game, and a live person answered. He said they’d gotten lots of complaints and that they’re passing them on to production. I legitimately have a headache from listening to that nonsense for five hours.

can you imagine whistling like that for 4.5 hours?
There are two vandie "whistlers": lesser evil is a man of the cloth known as "preacher", the jerk with the long silver hair who also claps loudly & starts that "black-gold" crapola is truly an egomaniac. Hope the folks in Omaha drag his whistling keester down the concrete steps face-first & fling him into Kansas.

There are two vandie "whistlers": lesser evil is a man of the cloth known as "preacher", the jerk with the long silver hair who also claps loudly & starts that "black-gold" crapola is truly an egomaniac. Hope the folks in Omaha drag his whistling keester down the concrete steps face-first & fling him into Kansas.

The LSU superfan is less annoying

Reactions: feathersax
Homer in the first inning of the first game. I think the whole “this park plays huge “ is overblown.
I know the Commentators are playing this up but watching them state this in both games is ridiculous. They were pulling for AZ last night questioning a Ball call 4 innings later. Woulda Coulda Shoulda Crap. Tennessee is the redheaded step child and dark horse. There is a bias and I can't wait to watch them eat their words......

In case anyone is interested, here’s the number to call ESPN and complain about the whistling monstrosity. #1-888-549-3776. I called at the end of the game, and a live person answered. He said they’d gotten lots of complaints and that they’re passing them on to production. I legitimately have a headache from listening to that nonsense for five hours.
I don't usually care about fans because... fans... but that whistling was so irritating, I had to turn down the sound. It did give a headache.

Reactions: ohhbother and MAD
You must be referring to "Big Chris", who walks about the stadium starting cheers for Tiger fans. He's loud & enthusiastic without being obnoxious. Have enjoyed him in Hoover for many years. Go Vols!
I sat close to him last Sunday. Not a bad dude. He is a rabid fan. Anyone yelling for LSU after being beaten 4 games in a row, and down 15-6 in the game being watched, has my respect!

Love Bad News BBQ.
Anybody, for what ever reason, if they ever post a picture of Cafego, instant like from me. No questions asked. You could even make a negative comment about my dear old Mom and if Cafego's picture is there, you get a like. And GOD did he hate Vanderbilt. I'll bet he would have beat the hell out of the guy that whistles.

Choose option 5. You actually get a live person and they are empathetic. The Vandy Whistlers are incredibly annoying and distract from the game experience. BTW, neither guy is an actual preacher or man of the cloth. They are “look at me” narcissistic clowns.

Choose option 5. You actually get a live person and they are empathetic. The Vandy Whistlers are incredibly annoying and distract from the game experience. BTW, neither guy is an actual preacher or man of the cloth. They are “look at me” narcissistic clowns.
I just had a horrible thought.
What if the whistler is at our game today?

It's hard to whistle with false teeth, just saying. If someone would oblige.

Kidding, well sort of.

Had him as a coach at UT sports camp one summer. He was the nicest guy, you really could feel how much he cared.
I waited tables and washed dishes at Gibbs as a student (76-79) or thereabouts. Was around the athletes and coaching staff every day. Had a good one on one conversation with Majors one day when I was studying alone in the locked cafeteria. He wanted an apple. I got him one out of the fridge and he sat there and chatted with me while he ate it. One of my biggest regrets is that I didn't chat up Cafego. He was quiet and sort of kept to himself. I didn't quite understand his history. I missed a real opportunity.

VN Store

Back