2020 Target List

have been putting this together over the past couple months and didn’t plan to post until next spring but given the rule changes allowing juniors to now OV and the fact Tennessee seems done for the 2019 (at least for now) figured I would go ahead with it.

These are the guys currently with offers, as things stand right now tennessee will have room to sign at least 4 (Bone, Turner, Bowden, Williams). All rankings are per Rivals, if no Rivals ranking then will use 247 national ranking indicated by *:

#11 Jaden Springer
#14 Jalen Suggs
#16 Sharife Cooper
#19 Walker Kessler
#29 Corey Walker Jr.

#34 Keon Johnson
#41 Dain Dainja
#49 Jayden Stone
#60 Jalen Cone
#64 Micah Peavy
#68 PJ Hall
#92 Justice Ajogbor
#110 Matthew Murrell

NR Justin Powell
NR Elijah Taylor
NR Jordan Wilmore
NR Samson Ruzhentsev
NR Dylan Cardwell
NR Akeem Odusipe
NR Norrance Berry

Bolded are all expected in town this weekend, Kessler will be an OV.

Unreal group of guys coming in this weekend. The atmosphere for this guy will be one of the best all season.

BTO any idea when we could possibly get a commit from someone in the '20 class?

Not heard anything...it wouldn’t be shocking for a guy like Keon Johnson or PJ Hall to do something, they seem to be further along in the process than a lot of guys, but I’m not expecting anything for awhile.

Not heard anything...it wouldn’t be shocking for a guy like Keon Johnson or PJ Hall to do something, they seem to be further along in the process than a lot of guys, but I’m not expecting anything for awhile.

I'm kinda surprised Keon hasn't already done it. Or maybe he already has and is waiting to go public

Let’s hope he doesn’t show up someone else this weekend
I assume you meant to say somewhere else, not someone else.

If he holds off and sticks to his word to visit for UK, I can see it being a bit advantageous for us, as the high of the other visits will have worn off by that point, and we will be the freshest memory in his mind when decision time comes.

Can't say that I like it because I think he misses a great atmosphere this week and it allows other teams to sway him in the meantime, but it is what it is.

Last edited:
I assume you meant to say somewhere else, not someone else.

If he holds off and sticks to his word to visit for UK, I can see it being a bit advantageous for us, as the high of the other visits will have worn off by that point, and we will be the freshest memory in his mind when decision time comes.

Can't say that I like it because I think he misses a great atmosphere this week and it allows other teams to stay him in the meantime, but it is what it is.

Agree completely...if he does indeed stay home this weekend and doesn’t visit anywhere for 3 weeks until the UK game that would be a great sign imo.

Reactions: k-town_king
I think VQ is on it. Kessler won’t be in this weekend I dont think. But when he comes to visit either on official or unofficial it needs to be a big game IMO

I think VQ is on it. Kessler won’t be in this weekend I dont think. But when he comes to visit either on official or unofficial it needs to be a big game IMO
You gotta remember - three members of his immediate family have been through the big time recruiting game. The kid knows what he wants and a dog and pony show is not going to convince him. He is NB A material so college is a stop off point for him

No, but he only has 1 OV left if he reclassified, so he needs a couple weeks to decide. If them it’d be FSU game 2/23 or Duke 3/9, it could still be Tenn (vs UK) as his 5th, but UNC offered recently, and I’m sure he’s just doing his due diligence. I hope we get him, these are the prospects we need to chase after.

Hope Dad feels better though. There is some stuff going around.

So he’ll be at a UNC this weekend?

VN Store

Back