2020 Schedule Udates.

Feels like for this year anyway, even with the cancellations, the non-conference is solid enough not to be knicked the end of the season. Imo

Last edited:

On one hand, it's great to see that the perception of our program has changed so much that we practically play Kansas on a yearly basis. On the other hand, it would be nice if we could actually match up with some other teams in this conference just for a change of pace.

It should be an exciting matchup, but damn it feels like we play Kansas every year in some capacity either through MTE or SEC/Big 12 challenge.

Self against Barnes is always a great coaching match up.

I would enjoy seeing Tennessee play Texas or Texas Tech in this challenge at some point.

Memphis fans are mad thinking Barnes pulled the plug on this year’s game. In reality, there’s not enough slots and we also cancelled the Wisconsin game too.
IDGAF what Memphis fan thinks. On record for years that we should NEVER play them in anything. Nothing to gain on our end. If you don’t live in Memphis, you don’t have a clue of the vitriol and jealousy their fans have for UT. Playing them is not worth the trouble. Too many other non-conference games that we can play against programs and coaches with some class.

Reactions: GojiraVol17
IDGAF what Memphis fan thinks. On record for years that we should NEVER play them in anything. Nothing to gain on our end. If you don’t live in Memphis, you don’t have a clue of the vitriol and jealousy their fans have for UT. Playing them is not worth the trouble. Too many other non-conference games that we can play against programs and coaches with some class.

Vol fans outside of Memphis definitely don’t understand the hatred that comes from the local program. It’s the equivalent of Houston hating Texas A&M or Tulsa hating Oklahoma. Memphis is a local program with a local fanbase. It doesn’t have brand recognition like Tennessee. I’m saying this as a levelheaded fan. I don’t engage with Memphis fans on issues because they’re blinded by hatred and aren’t highly knowledgeable.

Last edited:
Vol fans outside of Memphis definitely don’t understand the hatred that comes from the local program. It’s the equivalent of Houston hating Texas A&M or Tulsa hating Oklahoma. Memphis is a local program with a local fanbase. It doesn’t have brand recognition like Tennessee. I’m saying this as a levelheaded fan. I don’t engage with Memphis fans on issues because they’re blinded by hatred and aren’t highly knowledgeable.
What amuses me is that they spend lots of time talking about UT like there is some big rivalry but if you check the UT sites, Memphis doesn’t even register except for the week when we play them.

Yep. Lived downtown for 11 years. They hate TN more than they like Memphis. Horrible Little Brother Syndrome

What amuses me is that they spend lots of time talking about UT like there is some big rivalry but if you check the UT sites, Memphis doesn’t even register except for the week when we play them.

If you check out their social media fan pages, half of their posts are about Tennessee. Barely a blip on VN’s radar.

Matt Norlander said yesterday on twitter that all ESPN based December tournaments and matchups are in serious jeopardy. Sounds like we won't be playing Gonzaga or be in an early season tournament.

VN Store

Back