2020 recruiting class finish prediction

this. if we add Baron, HArdy and Thomas today that puts us at 16th...with only 16 commits. 12 of the 16 teams ranked ahead of us at that point still all have more commits than we do.

so 16th with 16 committed, 9 spots to fill........and a majority of the teams ranked ahead of us with more hay in the barn = big opportunity for upward mobility.

so conservatively, i'd say top 12 is certainly well w/in reach.

and that's not including any of the big time players we're going after.....Jarrett, Smalls, Sewell, Morris etc......

At 20 recruits that I would pick UT for today, I’ve got TN at 256 pts. I did add a 5 Star not on the OP list and added Ty Jordan as RB. Leaned UT’s way on the in-state 4 star guys. How many is UT taking?

I’d say 275-280 range should be the landing spot.

this. if we add Baron, HArdy and Thomas today that puts us at 16th...with only 16 commits. 12 of the 16 teams ranked ahead of us at that point still all have more commits than we do.

so 16th with 16 committed, 9 spots to fill........and a majority of the teams ranked ahead of us with more hay in the barn = big opportunity for upward mobility.

so conservatively, i'd say top 12 is certainly well w/in reach.

and that's not including any of the big time players we're going after.....Jarrett, Smalls, Sewell, Morris etc......
I’d say 6-12 is possible but have to get the in-state guys then bat .500 on the OOS guys.

Top 10 class would be a huge surprise for me
source.gif

At 20 recruits that I would pick UT for today, I’ve got TN at 256 pts. I did add a 5 Star not on the OP list and added Ty Jordan as RB. Leaned UT’s way on the in-state 4 star guys. How many is UT taking?

I’d say 275-280 range should be the landing spot.
i think TN would take right now Baron, Hardy, Grimes, Morris, Thomas and Rybka if they all wanted in. i think two of those guys are gonna be in. i feel ok about two more. not sure we'll get all 6.

thinking along the same lines as you, if a couple go our way at the top of the board, i think that 280 is doable. especially knowing that you still have spots to fill.

just adding the 4 from that list i think we get, that puts us in the mid 230's, which would give us 17 commits and have us firmly in the top 20, close to top 15 right now. with 8 spots to fill....

i think TN would take right now Baron, Hardy, Grimes, Morris, Thomas and Rybka if they all wanted in. i think two of those guys are gonna be in. i feel ok about two more. not sure we'll get all 6.

thinking along the same lines as you, if a couple go our way at the top of the board, i think that 280 is doable. especially knowing that you still have spots to fill.

just adding the 4 from that list i think we get, that puts us in the mid 230's, which would give us 17 commits and have us firmly in the top 20, close to top 15 right now. with 8 spots to fill....
Is Grimes a take? SC board doesn’t think he is for them? I’ve seen lots of questions on here about him as well?

I’d say 6-12 is possible but have to get the in-state guys then bat .500 on the OOS guys.
i already listed the in state guys in that other post.

but ont he OOS guys...the board is probalby pretty big. spots will become a premium at some point, and dominoes will start falling.

so i still say the longer it goes for some, the better.

now, if we were to land McDaniel and Ojulari this month, i'd say things start looking up.

thenyou have to turn your attention to the cream of the crop with Washington and Jarrett, Smalls and Sewell.

i don't think we get all 4 of those dudes. but can we get two? which two are the most impmortant? i don't even want to try to answer that one lol.

but those 4 have to be at the top of the board...landing some of htose kids is probably the differende between top 5 or landing at 9-12.

Reactions: SweetasSoda

What’s the number UT can take? 23? Gibbs/Solomon count against this class or last?

Is Grimes a take? SC board doesn’t think he is for them? I’ve seen lots of questions on here about him as well?
depends on who's posting.

i think he's take here. there's been some buzz out there that the staff is now in push mode for him....6'5" 240 OLB/DE....that's an atheltic freak (everyone agrees on that much)....if you're gonna take a flyer on someone, why not someone like that?

What’s the number UT can take? 23? Gibbs/Solomon count against this class or last?
i've been under the impression we can sign 25? but that actually makes sense about Gibbs and AS. kinda forgot about that.

i thought SC was all in on him?

who knows. Bama is not pushing we know that. everythign we've been led to believe, up to this point anyway, is that it's a USCe/TN battle for him.

depends on who's posting.

i think he's take here. there's been some buzz out there that the staff is now in push mode for him....6'5" 240 OLB/DE....that's an atheltic freak (everyone agrees on that much)....if you're gonna take a flyer on someone, why not someone like that?
And a legacy, so genes are good as well.

Reactions: jakez4ut
And a legacy, so genes are good as well.
yep. the knock is the "football". he doesn't make the "wow" plays and he's not blowing kids up everyother second.

what i see is a kid that has to be accounted for, and people they play against gameplan around him. they double him.

so he isn't the guy that makes the play, but since he gets the attention he gets, it makes it easier for others around him to make the play.

then every now and then you see the freak atheletic play and you're like ok, i get it.

i do wonder how that translates at this level when you can't just trot out there and be the best guy on both teams. everybody looks like REggie Grimes at this level. so if i had a reservation, it would be how does he respond to that, and that level of competition?

still...........gimme as many 6'5" 240lb dudes as i can get. we'll at least look like the teams we're playing on saturdays lol.

Reactions: secking
@secking the ojulari thing certainly helps. and the ranking, as much as i hate to even say it, Albright just drags the # way down lol. i think it's going to be interesting to look at our average rating w/out him when this is over.... i think this class is going to stack up pretty well when it's all said and done.

we've got 13 now, and let's just say 23 is the number.

you add Ojulari, Hardy, Baron....all fairly confident at this point.

then you're looking at Grimes, Omari Thomas...of course we'd take MOrris, but i don't see that happening, so i'm leaving him out for the purposes of this.

so, you're now at 18 with those 5, 5 left to fill.

i'll say Jarrett is far and away at the top of the board for WR, so shoot for the stars and add him.

now you're looking at a board that has Smalls, Washington, and Sewell at the top, and all 3 would get a spot.

i don't think we get all 4 of those guys, but let's say we get Washington and Jarrett for argument's sake.

3 spots left.

couldn't even hazard a guess at who they would be right now...McDaniel could be one, or of Johnson wants back in he could be one.....or Whitehead if he wants in....?

but if we do get the majority of who we want at this point, i think that 280 is doable and that would get us real close to top 5-7.

i think at this point, i might be a little surprised if this isn't at least pushing hard to be a top 10 class. really need this season to go well. if it does...who knows....maybe we do get all 4 of those big fish....that'd be fun. :)

The ideal finish would be
Washington/Gilbert
Jarrett
Ojulari
Whitehead
Johnson
Hardy
Thomas
Baron
Tucker (flip)

Somehow I think we finish top 10. And I do agree that how our season goes can have a very positive effect on our finish. Top 10 for sure.

Reactions: Ratvol
Between 15 and 11. I think we finish 6th or 7th in the SEC.

VN Store

Back