2020 Presidential Race

Yep, you're doing a fine job of changing the hearts & minds of voters on here w/polls.....you need a raise.
Do you disagree with that statement? If Texas is in play, that is not a good sign for Trump. I don't see how you could possibly argue with that.

If I were Biden, I would put Beto on the ticket for just this reason... force Trump to campaign heavily in Texas and work the hell out of Pennsylvania, Wisconsin and Michigan in the process... and not give a damn if Trump does manage to eek out a victory in the lone star state.

Do you disagree with that statement? If Texas is in play, that is not a good sign for Trump. I don't see how you could possibly argue with that.

If I were Biden, I would put Beto on the ticket for just this reason... force Trump to campaign heavily in Texas and work the hell out of Pennsylvania, Wisconsin and Michigan in the process... and not give a damn if Trump does manage to eek out a victory in the lone star state.
If Texas is in play it's because of people from California moving in. Perhaps Texas should put a UHaul tax on incoming UHauls from California.

Most Texas counties were solidly for Trump. The ones that weren't include large urban population. That's a growing disconnect between urban and rural areas, it's troubling, and it doesn't bode well for the country. I still think the rural areas could do just fine without the cities, but not the other way around ... the tail wagging the dog problem.

Reactions: marcusluvsvols
You know that's better than what it was in 2016 right?

I saw one of those polls today on Fox where they were comparing Trump and Biden and the poll was taken over a month between April 15 and May 15. Now that right there is some good polling data.

Reactions: AM64
You know that's better than what it was in 2016 right?
What are you talking about? Donald Trump defeated Hillary Clinton by 9 points in the state of Texas in 2016 (52.23% - 43.24%). The vote tally in Texas was Trump with 4,685,047 and Clinton with 3,877,868. All of the finals polls taken before the election had Trump ahead in Texas, with the majority describing the results as being "solidly Trump". Texas was never in play in 2016.

What are you talking about? Donald Trump defeated Hillary Clinton by 9 points in 2016 (52.23% - 43.24%). The vote tally was Trump with 4,685,047 and Clinton with 3,877,868. All of the finals polls taken before the election had Trump ahead, with the majority describing the results as being "solidly Trump". Texas was never in play in 2016.
Trump vs the field in Texas had him ahead by 9points? This is preprimary season. Not sure why you want to throw real results against projections.

Biden: No ‘Single Hint of a Scandal or a Lie’ When I Was VP

Obama also made these claims while speaking at a technology conference in May 2018.

Although both Obama and Biden frequently claim a scandal-free presidency, the Obama administration was plagued by frequent mishap and misdeed. It weathered former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton's email scandal, the administration's belated response to the 2012 terror attacks on the U.S. Embassy in Benghazi, and a scandal involving the IRS unfairly targeting conservative organizations. The administration was also responsible for Operation Fast and Furious, the Department of Justice's following of reporter James Rosen, and the repeated failures of the Department of Veterans Affairs to address veterans' medical needs.

Biden: No 'Single Hint of a Scandal or a Lie’ When I Was VP

I covered that in the post you quoted didn't I? They also had Romney winning Florida and Ohio in 2012 and they were very inaccurate with their predictions during the 2018 midterms... they had Democrats only gaining 24 seats in the House - they gained 40.
I missed that part. You do know they changed their methodology between 2012 and 2016 right?

Biden will do heavy damage in pro union states.

Trump vs the field in Texas had him ahead by 9points? This is preprimary season. Not sure why you want to throw real results against projections.
There was never a poll that showed Hillary Clinton leading Donald Trump in Texas. Now, if you're saying this is all way too early to be of any importance? Sure, it is.

I missed that part. You do know they changed their methodology between 2012 and 2016 right?
How would that in any way defend their polling for the 2018 mid-term elections? Once again, they had the Democrats gaining 24 seats in the House and they gained 40. Other high profile Rasmussen misses in 2018 included: McSally over Sinema for the Arizona Senate seat and Walker over Evers for Wisconsin Governor.

Rasmussen will always lean toward the Republican in a close race... Now, sometimes that will mean they get it right, such as in 2018 in the Florida and Georgia races for Governor and of course, the 2016 Presidential election, but they get just as many wrong. They are clearly biased.

Last edited:
Of course, you would have to cite Rasmussen, which currently has Trump 3 points higher than literally any other poll. I say this a lot on here because it is true, the best way to avoid an outlier poll (or a biased poll) is to use the Real Clear Politics Average Approval Rating, which currently has Trump at 43.9%. Trump's Real Clear Politics Average Approval Rating has still never risen above the 46.2% number that he was elected with on November 8, 2016. For what it's worth, statistician Nate Silver has accused Rasmussen of a Republican Party bias, and he has documented how their numbers tend to have Republicans an average of 4 points higher than what is accurate... some posters here will state that they were the most accurate poll during the 2016 election. However, they were also clearly the most inaccurate poll during the 2012 election and they had Romney winning some key states, which he lost handily (including Florida and Ohio). Finally, on the day Obama left office, his Real Clear Politics Average Approval Rating was at 57% ... the odds are not good that Trump's RCP Average Approval Rating will ever even climb over 50%.
Toilet paper has more worth than any poll. You all should know better after 2016 than to bring any poll to this forum.

How would that in any way defend their polling for the 2018 mid-term elections? Once again, they had the Democrats gaining 24 seats in the House and they gained 40. Other high profile Rasmussen misses in 2018 included: McSally over Sinema for the Arizona Senate seat and Walker over Evers for Wisconsin Governor.

Rasmussen will always lean toward the Republican in a close race... Now, sometimes that will mean they get it right, such as in 2018 in the Florida and Georgia races for Governor and of course, the 2016 Presidential election, but they get just as many wrong. They are clearly biased.
That's going to change. No fake Mueller hoax hanging over anyone this time.

If Texas is in play it's because of people from California moving in. Perhaps Texas should put a UHaul tax on incoming UHauls from California.
Texas isn’t in play. Come Nov 2020 Texas will show up red on the EC vote count. Regardless of what any damn poll now or later is saying.

VN Store

Back