2020 Presidential Race

Obama said that Republicans had imitated Jim Crow-era restrictions on voting rights, which Lewis marched against, by passing state voter ID laws and other measures that conservatives argue prevent voter fraud.

He urged Congress to pass a new version of the Voting Rights Act of 1965.

Democrats have pushed for a new version of the law, after the Supreme Court invalidated part of it in 2013, saying that it was outdated.

The new version of the law, which has been renamed for Lewis, would restore federal supervision of state efforts to pass new election reforms.

Obama said Democrats should go beyond that legislation and also enact laws making voter registration automatic, granting the vote to ex-convicts, and making Election Day a national holiday, among other changes.

“And if all this takes is ending the filibuster, another Jim Crow relic, in order to secure the God-given rights of every American, then that’s what we should do.”

Without mentioning Donald Trump by name, Obama likened the president to segregationist Democrat Gov. George Wallace of Alabama, and compared federal law enforcement officers to the police who beat civil rights marchers across the South.

He accused the government of “sending agents to use tear gas and batons against peaceful demonstrators.”

Obama Uses John Lewis Funeral to Call for 'Eliminating the Filibuster'

I can't believe our poll lovers didn't rush these new numbers right over here and post them. That's very odd. All those states basically a tie, in the middle of a democrat forced recession
I think you will see it continue to tighten if these protests/riots continue. I think the public is starting to turn. The Dems better be careful to not let this pin them up.

So Trump is threatening to pull funding from schools if they dont open and condemns governors for closing certain businesses, yet want to delay the election until its "safe"?

Hmmm. Something not adding up.

Nooo....drump's not trying to distract from the worst quarterly GDP drop in US history or the fact that Herman Cain died from covid that he likely caught at the Tulsa rally. No, he would never try to spin the news cycle by proposing a delay in the election...Cheeto is so predictable if you stop presuming he has a conscience or sense of decency.

DIMS won't be happy here:

-The president doesn’t set the date of the election.
-The election date is set by congress and can only be changed by congress, but an election must occur.
-The president’s term legally expires. He doesn’t just continue as president if there is no election. In fact, he is replaced if no new president is elected - there is a line of succession.
-The elections themselves are run by the states.
-An election was held in the middle of the civil war. There will be an election on Nov. 3rd.
BUT after Pompeo’s testimony in front of congress---It’s possible trump is not looking to change the election date but to set up a legal challenge with the states by banning mail in voting. Changing the election date is clearly dead in the water, but I could see a DOJ analysis coming out that gives the president the ability to “protect the integrity of elections” by banning mail in voting.
-I also chuckled at the numerous question marks that concluded the tweet...

Reactions: BigOrangeD

Could it be a trend? If so other polls will confirm it, but there needs to be more state data on all these. This was an battleground aggregated poll, so the the individual state level data has minuscule voter totals with very high margins of error.

For example: only 382 voters polled in your PA poll, versus the 2,092 voter Morning Consult poll concluding the same day.

Capture.JPG

Reactions: headhunter15
Could it be a trend? If so other polls will confirm it, but there needs to be more state data on all these. This was an battleground aggregated poll, so the the individual state level data has minuscule voter totals with very high margins of error.

For example: only 382 voters polled in your PA poll, versus the 2,092 voter Morning Consult poll concluding the same day.

View attachment 296416
The biggest issue that I have been hearing from so called experts is the Republicans are always under sampled. Like around 30%. Then they try to adjust for that but fail.

I think you will see it continue to tighten if these protests/riots continue. I think the public is starting to turn. The Dems better be careful to not let this pin them up.
And how they've been reacting to COVID. If Trump c an fet things to 50-60% opened up by the election he could win in a landslide.

Reactions: tn4elvis

VN Store

Back