2020 offensive linemen

I would redshirt Riley Locklear now that we have Smith and (maybe) Mays at Guard. Even if Mays isn't eligible, we have Smith, Carvin, and Calbert.

I've said for awhile that he would be a very good Guard or Center if he could get a developmental redshirt year. He looks kinda gooey. Give him a redshirt year with all this Gurad/Center talent we have now, get him more cut and more strength, then have him step in at Center or Guard in 2021 at his full potential.
Carvin and Calbert are both huge and very physical. Give them another year and we will really have 7-8 guys who could easily start. I like no drop off when I player has to leave the field.

Wanya Morris ★★★★★ (5-star)

Trey Smith ★★★★★ (5-star)

Brandon Kennedy ★★★★ (4-star)

Cade Mays ★★★★★ (5-star)

Darnell Wright ★★★★★ (5-star)

(assuming Mays gets a waiver)

Tatum and Ryan Johnson knew what they were doing!

Reactions: Vol8188
Carvin and Calbert are both huge and very physical. Give them another year and we will really have 7-8 guys who could easily start. I like no drop off when I player has to leave the field.

Would love to see a Carvin redshirt too. Might be pushing it, but with the 4 game rule and Calbert's development, it's possible. If Mays is eligible, of course.

Reactions: spyfish007
If you dont care then don't watch, simple.. You guys cant go a post without bashing JG
I'm not bashing him, I'm pointing out that we won't need as much reliance on him to do well. He seems to struggle most when he's needed to perform.

I don't want to get too excited because I've been disappointed so many times, but I can't help myself. I think Florida should be the favorite in the division, but I genuinely feel like the division is wide open. If these guys play to their potential then we have as good a chance as anyone.

Anyone want to render a guess as to how much it would cost to buy this OLINE's dinner? Holly smokes, need to win the lottery!

Reactions: dduncan4163
I would redshirt Riley Locklear now that we have Smith and (maybe) Mays at Guard. Even if Mays isn't eligible, we have Smith, Carvin, and Calbert.

I've said for awhile that he would be a very good Guard or Center if he could get a developmental redshirt year. He looks kinda gooey. Give him a redshirt year with all this Gurad/Center talent we have now, get him more cut and more strength, then have him step in at Center or Guard in 2021 at his full potential.

If Mays is cleared we need to try to RS Carvin.

Reactions: NighthawkVol
And the 2nd team will be pretty darn good!
Jamir Johnson
Jerome Carvin
Cooper Mays
Krojhn Calbert
Locklear/Lane/Akporoghene

Reactions: Vol8188
Wanya Morris ★★★★★ (5-star)

Trey Smith ★★★★★ (5-star)

Brandon Kennedy ★★★★ (4-star)

Cade Mays ★★★★★ (5-star)

Darnell Wright ★★★★★ (5-star)

(assuming Mays gets a waiver)

Whooooaaaaaa! Pump the brakes here, folks.

Here's the reality of last season with 4 out of the 5 guys listed:

113. TENNESSEE VOLUNTEERS
Highest-graded player: OG Trey Smith – 77.7 (14th)

Without Smith, the Volunteers' overall grades plummet and look just downright awful on the offensive line. Collectively, they ranked 124th in pass-blocking grade and 76th in run-blocking grade, all but undoing a great season by Smith, who finished as the 14th highest-graded guard in the country.

Maybe if actually had a decent OL coach...

Whooooaaaaaa! Pump the brakes here, folks.

Here's the reality of last season with 4 out of the 5 guys listed:

113. TENNESSEE VOLUNTEERS
Highest-graded player: OG Trey Smith – 77.7 (14th)

Without Smith, the Volunteers' overall grades plummet and look just downright awful on the offensive line. Collectively, they ranked 124th in pass-blocking grade and 76th in run-blocking grade, all but undoing a great season by Smith, who finished as the 14th highest-graded guard in the country.

Maybe if actually had a decent OL coach...

I faaaart in your general direction! Your mother smelled of elderberries!

That was with two true freshmen. I think it's logical to expect them both to have huge jumps in production in their sophomore years.

VN Store

Back