2020 offensive linemen

Wanya Morris ★★★★★ (5-star)

Trey Smith ★★★★★ (5-star)

Brandon Kennedy ★★★★ (4-star)

Cade Mays ★★★★★ (5-star)

Darnell Wright ★★★★★ (5-star)

(assuming Mays gets a waiver)

311 average weight. We bringing the MEAT in 2020.

Reactions: Freak

Cade Mays ★★★★★ (5-star)

If they'll play like 5 star blue chips, instead of 5 star heart

Couple of things:

1) Tennessee's OL got better as the season went on. So I suspect if you only judged them based on the 2nd half, it would look much better.
2) Tennessee started 2 true freshmen at OT. You can expect both of them to be much better in 2020.
3) This ranking doesn't include Cade Mays...IF he is eligible, he is immediately an upgrade over whoever else would be the Guard.
4) Whoever did this ranking is blind. They may not have been as good as I thought but NO WAY were they 114th!!!!!

Offense assuming we have decent qb play will be great. I’m worried about DL though
Why? It's basically the same guys we had last year except this time we'll have Emmitt Gooden and Elijah Simmons will be ready to destroy some dudes on the interior. Perhaps you were considering D Taylor a defensive lineman. Valid concern there but Roman Harrison showed some flashes.

Lets simmer down on expectation with this group yes they are talented but so was the georgia offensive line as well and we see how that turned out normally position group that have high expectation in the offseason often times never meet the expectstions set upon them by season end

Lets simmer down on expectation with this group yes they are talented but so was the georgia offensive line as well and we see how that turned out normally position group that have high expectation in the offseason often times never meet the expectstions set upon them by season end
Lets NOT simmer down;)

Reactions: Rons1989
We have Cheney that's the difference.

The OL competition just went on steroids! It’s been A LONG TIME since we’ve had this quality of depth! I truly believe this staff understands the positive impact this should have for next season. With RBs we have, there should be significant offensive improvement.

Cade Mays ★★★★★ (5-star)

I'm 49 and I could even get around 823yds on the season behind that line right now. Maybe 1,000 if I got to play against Vandy. 😤😀

Will feel much better knowing more than likely what our starting lineup at Oline will be coming into Week 1.... This past year it seemed to take many weeks to find a combination that worked

If you think about it we won at least 9.
giphy.gif

I faaaart in your general direction! Your mother smelled of elderberries!

That was with two true freshmen. I think it's logical to expect them both to have huge jumps in production in their sophomore years.
I really like how CJP is building the team from the interior out. History shows the truly great teams have strong and physical Offensive/ Defensive Lines. People are excited and I get that but until we beat FLa, UGA and Alabama we have not arrived. I can see us winning 1 of the 3 next year and 9 wins are possible. We need more playmakers now like EG to compliment the talent up front. Not trying to argue or criticize but I will take 9 wins next year. CJP has done more in two years compared to Jones’ entire tenure.

Honestly who cares if JG starts next year, we'll just run all the time.

I agree with this in part. If we were say in the ACC, then absolutely, but alas, we are in the SEC with many teams having just as many blue chippers on the defensive side of the ball. If we allow them to stack the box with said studs, then even an all pro line would have trouble blocking bc of the numerical superiority on the D side. As many on here have stated, correctly so, we have to have at least above average QB play to keep the other side honest...not allowing them to stack the box every down. Our QB has to be at least a nominal threat to throw, or run, or both. If he can he can do this, then yes, we will bulldoze people all year and our running, and passing, will be outstanding!

Reactions: Beagle Bill

VN Store

Back