2020 NBA Season Thread (brought to you by Jerry’s need for attention)

I'm just have a little fun with the Jazz fan. They are literally the only ones trying to make screen assists a thing.

Gobert is a good player. I just don't think pulling obscure stats makes him look good. Its the opposite. NBA twittter is laughing at the whole screen assists thing.

Twitter is full of idiots.

The only reason I know about Gobert leading the league in SA is Russillo was making such a big deal about it on the BS pod yesterday when they were naming all-stars. He's easily the best talking head in sports, too.

Actually, the only reason I know about Gobert leading the league in SA is Russillo was making such a big deal about it on the BS pod yesterday when they were naming all-stars. He's easily the best talking head in sports, too.

They are talking about it because the dumb Jazz guy claimed on Twitter that Gobert had a triple double because of "screen assists" then it became a talking point over the last week.

They are talking about it because the dumb Jazz guy claimed on Twitter that Gobert had a triple double because of "screen assists" then it became a talking point over the last week.

If true, this doesn't invalidate the stat. You haven't had a reasoned post yet.

So he's doing it at a lower rate in just 10 mpg while bringing less all around to the table? Wow, that's impressive. Let's see if Tony Bradley can keep it up for 34 mpg while playing DPOY defense and pouring in 15 ppg.

The crazy thing is, Gobert even at his size and mileage leads the league if you look at per 36 for anybody with over 100 minutes.

Last edited:
So he's doing it at a lower rate in just 10 mpg while bringing less all around to the table? Wow, that's impressive. Let's see if Tony Bradley can keep it up for 34 mpg while playing DPOY defense and pouring in 15 ppg.
Dude its a good fun stat. There are all kinds of advanced stats that don't really mean anything. Its great that the system and his lack of scoring prowess gets him a lot of screens. No one but Jazz fans are impressed though. Gobert and screen assists are a running joke on NBA twitter.

He is great at actual real impact-full things like defense and rebounding. No need to find some obscure stat to make it seem like he is good on offense. Nothing wrong with being a great rebounder and defender as a big man. He is elite at what he does well.

Dude its a good fun stat. There are all kinds of advanced stats that don't really mean anything. Its great that the system and his lack of scoring prowess gets him a lot of screens. No one but Jazz fans are impressed though. Gobert and screen assists are a running joke on NBA twitter.

He is great at actual real impact-full things like defense and rebounding. No need to find some obscure stat to make it seem like he is good on offense. Nothing wrong with being a great rebounder and defender as a big man. He is elite at what he does well.

And Russillo, House, and Simmons, but yeah, nobody else. I'll take your word for it since you're so on point with everything.

Only 3 centers score more than him, btw, and he's shooting 68%.

And Russillo, House, and Simmons, but yeah, nobody else. I'll take your word for it since you're so on point with everything.
Ok I will give you that. After he and Jazz fans got clowned a ton about this a few talking heads have taken up the screen assist fight. It is still a joke to 90% of NBA fans.

It’s very funny in here because it looks like huff is talking to himself and if you had told me a couple years ago that HUFF (of all people) was the guy I wasn’t ignoring no one would have ever believed you

Ok I will give you that. After he and Jazz fans got clowned a ton about this a few talking heads have taken up the screen assist fight. It is still a joke to 90% of NBA fans.

I was wondering what would make the NBA forum better, and I think you've stumbled onto it. Instead of talking hoops, we'll share our interpretations of what happened on Twitter. Sounds fkn great.

It’s very funny in here because it looks like huff is talking to himself and if you had told me a couple years ago that HUFF (of all people) was the guy I wasn’t ignoring no one would have ever believed you
Btw, the Paul Rudd gif was made for me and huff as Jazz fans

I was wondering what would make the NBA forum better, and I think you've stumbled onto it. Instead of talking hoops, we'll share our interpretations of what happened on Twitter. Sounds fkn great.

Honestly this forum used to be really fun, it's kind of boring as sh*t now so that might actually help. #RIPtheLulz

VN Store

Back