2020 Lady Vols Softball

Enjoyed watching both teams swing the bat with power and aggression during the finals. Had the same thoughts you just expressed regarding the Weeklys .

nahhhhh, this expert says the Weeklys are doing justtttttt fine.

tomemanksi.JPG

As I’ve watched one after another amazingly talented fuller-figured athlete play during this WCWS, I keep thinking about having read here recently that Ralph won’t recruit players like these who are absolutely kicking @ss on the field. He apparently doesn’t go for players who “don’t look like athletes.”

What a huge mistake if that’s how he is choosing — or not choosing — Lady Vols. Besides it sounding kinda gross and dirty-old-man sexist, it’s just plain stupid. If Tennessee had had a few of those women he’d reject based on body type, the Lady Vols might be in OKC right now instead of at home watching it on TV.

If Shipman hadn't been lost for the season the Lady Vols would be in OKC, even with these slap hitters.

If Shipman hadn't been lost for the season the Lady Vols would be in OKC, even with these slap hitters.
I agree that losing Ally had to hurt but this is kind of speculation. We will never know for sure but Ally very well could have done what 99% of all freshmen do and that is hit a wall somewhere . She would have helped in other ways by solidifying the catcher position which is paramount for being strong up the middle. We knew we were losing Gregg and shortstop really threw a monkey wrench in the infield. Hard to have to depend on a freshman to take that position and run with it like they hoped with Osbron. On top of that she was no where near ready by the start of the season. Since Leach ended up there it would have been more reasonable to put her there at the git go and find Parsons or someone else for second way before they did. It was believed that Savannah was the likely one but she cannot and did not hit which put her on the bench. She had never been a hitter so why assume she would. I know the same could be said about Haley and she did but was said have been knocking the ball all over the place the last 3 years in practice. I know I got off topic but this all is JMHO as always!

I also heard a baseball coach couldn't coach softball because he never played it in college

Yeah show me a baseball guy who took over a Softball programs pitching duties? Being a fast pitch pitching coach requires that you once have mastered the art of throwing underhand, it’s a rare skill.

Multiple topics here:
I like how people comments on players by stats but never seen them play live. I get it that high school stats should be super inflated, but some high schools schedule strong schools and some dont. So Ive seen every UT 2019 recruit play travel and here is my theory.
Top 3 that will contend for immediate playing time: Josie (Anywhere), KiKi (OF), and Turner (Pitcher).
As for pitchers not hitting, Rodgers is one of the best hitters on the team, but cant afford your #1 or #2 pitcher hitting on a consistent basis just isn't worth the risk versus reward.
Transfer rule will continue to turn the college softball world upside down.
As for a Baseball coach not able to coach Softball. Ever heard of Tim Walton and Pat Murphy?

Last edited:
Multiple topics here:
I like how people comments on players by stats but never seen them play live. I get it that high school stats should be super inflated, but some high schools schedule strong schools and some dont. So Ive seen every UT 2019 recruit play travel and here is my theory.
Top 3 that will contend for immediate playing time: Josie (Anywhere), KiKi (OF), and Turner (Pitcher).
As for pitchers not hitting, Rodgers is one of the best hitters on the team, but cant afford your #1 or #2 pitcher hitting on a consistent basis just isn't worth the risk versus reward.
As for a Baseball coach not able to coach Softball. Ever heard of Tim Walton and Pat Murphy?
Thanks for info seen Turner on her highlights what is she like in person?

Multiple topics here:
And Walton hired a man as pitching coach last year as well!

As for a Baseball coach not able to coach Softball. Ever heard of Tim Walton and Pat Murphy?[/QUOTE]

Never was it said that a baseball guy couldn’t coach Softball. The topic was about pitching. It’s a rare skill to pitch underhand. Most schools hire someone that have either pitched before in college Softball or a man that has pitched men’s Fastpitch for pitching coaches. I know your slow but come on!

VN Store

Back