2020 Lady Vol Recruiting Thread

Come on that is HS in the SEC and against teams like State you will need to create your own shot if not you will never be in trouble. I`m not saying she can`t we will just need to wait and see. I lwatched Mizzu and ARK yesterday and yes Mizzu folded. But the problem for them there are maybe 1or 2 players on that team that can create there own shot it was turnover city.
All high school stats are against high school players..

All high school stats are against high school players..
Correct, we will see if Kellie and staff can create an offense that can get the shooters she recruits open looks. My concern is are these shooters skilled enough to play defense.

Correct, we will see if Kellie and staff can create an offense that can get the shooters she recruits open looks. My concern is are these shooters skilled enough to play defense.

I agree because if you look at Darby shot it`s more of a push shot she needs room. Now the question can she get that shot off against the top teams ?

I agree because if you look at Darby shot it`s more of a push shot she needs room. Now the question can she get that shot off against the top teams ?

A 3 is a very long shot. I am a pretty strong male and my shot varies quite a bit from my regular shot on a three. On a jumper within my comfort zone, my shot is the same from 3 ft out to about the elbow once I am outside of the arc (especially from more than a step outside of the arc) it is more of a heave/throw than a shot,

So if she has a push shot from the three it is normal,,,if her shot is a push shot on a stop-n-pop from the elbow in, then, there is cause for concern

Reactions: Bret178
A 3 is a very long shot. I am a pretty strong male and my shot varies quite a bit from my regular shot on a three. On a jumper within my comfort zone, my shot is the same from 3 ft out to about the elbow once I am outside of the arc (especially from more than a step outside of the arc) it is more of a heave/throw than a shot,

So if she has a push shot from the three it is normal,,,if her shot is a push shot on a stop-n-pop from the elbow in, then, there is cause for concern
Only time will tell she has played against the top competition in AAU ball and still scored at about the same rate. Her team won the title. None of it means what she will do in college you can look at some MCDonald's players that haven't been able to play even close to that level in college. We'll see what happens people really fall in love with those ratings pages and those recruiting services. She also averages close to 10 rebounds per game and 5 assists and 3 steals per game. 81 percent from the line and 62 percent of two point shot attempts. Her stats are impressive and yes I have been to some of her games. I would say that if she was at Tennessee right now besides maybe Burrell she would be the best bench player on the team. Far better player than Rennie, Harris, and the others warming the bench every game.

Last edited:
Only time will tell she has played against the top competition in AAU ball and still scored at about the same rate. Her team won the title. None of it means what she will do in college you can look at some MCDonald's players that haven't been able to play even close to that level in college. We'll see what happens people really fall in love with those ratings pages and those recruiting services. She also averages close to 10 rebounds per game and 5 assists and 3 steals per game. 81 percent from the line and 62 percent of two point shot attempts. Her stats are impressive and yes I have been to some of her games. I would say that if she was at Tennessee right now besides maybe Burrell she would be the best bench player on the team. Far better player than Rennie, Harris, and the others warming the bench every game.

I can't find the number of players in female BB players in AAU, but High school is easy enough

Statistically only 2.3% of HS girls play collegiate basketball.
Source: Girls play a different game in pursuit of basketball scholarships
By the numbers
There are 335 NCAA division 1 teams in women's basketbal
At average: 12 per roster that makes 4,020 spots
X times .023 = 4020
4020 divided by .023 = 174,782.6

That said the 4020 who play collegiate BB on a D1 level get there by playing with/against 170,782 who don't
Once they get to college, the reality of this hits them

Better still, consider how few teams there are that are elite in the 335 and the level of competition is exponentially higher

And then reality sets in and quick guards from S. Carolina and Miss St and UCONN dial up the pressure and then all the sudden you are not playing on a loaded AAU team anymore!

I`m not taking shots at Darby just saying with her needing to be set and need space it could be a problem for her against the team that apply pressure ? And as for shooting there are many females that has a very good follow thru on there shot shooting it from behind the 3 pt line.

I`m not taking shots at Darby just saying with her needing to be set and need space it could be a problem for her against the team that apply pressure ? And as for shooting there are many females that has a very good follow thru on there shot shooting it from behind the 3 pt line.
See that is where the fiction comes in that she needs space to get off a shot. She can drive the ball turn and pop the 10 to 12 foot jumper and get to the rim for a layup. How many games has anyone on here seen her play? If they have seem her then they have a different opinion from mine and that is fine we can differ in our assessment of players. She gets in passing lanes and she can pass the ball exceptional passer. I don't know how physically strong she is her skills are very well defined much more than shooting the three.

See that is where the fiction comes in that she needs space to get off a shot. She can drive the ball turn and pop the 10 to 12 foot jumper and get to the rim for a layup. How many games has anyone on here seen her play? If they have seem her then they have a different opinion from mine and that is fine we can differ in our assessment of players. She gets in passing lanes and she can pass the ball exceptional passer. I don't know how physically strong she is her skills are very well defined much more than shooting the three.

To add does everyone know she is 6'1" tall she can shoot over defenders that are five foot something. I mean she is a couple inches shorter than Davis or Burrell.

Reactions: Volfaninfl2

Ok i believe you. I`m just going by film that all. As you no i agree with you 99% of the time ;)

To add does everyone know she is 6'1" tall she can shoot over defenders that are five foot something. I mean she is a couple inches shorter than Davis or Burrell.

Right now as you see with this team our guards height don`t mean anything. If you can`t deal with ball pressure it don`t matter turnover. I also had a chance to see pg Jada Walker so many of the top teams scouts in the stands it was crazy.

Right now as you see with this team our guards height don`t mean anything. If you can`t deal with ball pressure it don`t matter turnover. I also had a chance to see pg Jada Walker so many of the top teams scouts in the stands it was crazy.
I don't think were going that hard for her think it is more Harmon and some other point guards. I really like her probably not that interested in Tennessee so not a lot of effort being expended. I think she will stay in the ACC

I don't think were going that hard for her think it is more Harmon and some other point guards. I really like her probably not that interested in Tennessee so not a lot of effort being expended. I think she will stay in the ACC

Rori harmon she a very good ball player. She wants to stay in Texas but we will see.

Last edited:

I was speaking of me.
I am in excellent condition for being a 59 year old man, but I hopefully would pale in arm-strength to a 20 year old female who has the influence of a strength and conditioning coach and a weight room at their disposal

Reactions: djtee
I don't know if we'd consider adding a JUCO point guard to the '20 class, but Kira Lowery @ Dyersburg State is one of the best in the nation:
1581267167615.png

Through 25 games, Lowery is averaging 23.1 points per game (4th nationally) while shooting 61.1% from the field (14th) and 81.4% from the FT stripe (27th). She's also averaging 5.9 assists (11th) with a 2.3 assist-to-TO ratio, 5.2 rebounds, and 4.2 steals per game (2nd). Lowery's not a 3-point threat but it looks like she could help shore us up in several areas (especially ball handling, forcing TOs & FT shooting) where we've struggled this year.
NJCAA

I may be in the minority on this, but if we get anyone else from the JC or Tfr portal...I want a speed guard who is a true ball-handing, assist driven machine...Not a high-scoring combo guard...Give the scorers: Jordan, Rennia, Rae, Zaay, and Key the proper feeds and get the ball into the hands of a player who wants to make others better and we will fly...Let Jaz, KK, Big Mac, Emily, Jesse and the new kids work for their roles/

Even the Evil Genius would agree to this after putting the scoring focus on his PG

How many shoot at a 40%+ rate? That's elite at any level.

Darby scores 46 as Greenfield remains undefeated with only two games left in the season. Now 25 and 0 games left with Bradford and Trenton Peabody.

How come they are ranked number 10 in the state and 25-0 ? they are in Class A

VN Store

Back