2020 Lady Vol Recruiting Thread

Some HSs are consistently at the top of their classifications. It can be for multiple reasons - superior coaching, "recruiting", demographics. The bottomline is that if based on the last few years performance Greenfield was playing in AA, it would not only be fairer for the other A teams, but the girls at Greenfield would be playing more competitive games.

Other HSs are consistently bad and should be able to move down a classification. Who knows, maybe not getting their doors blown off twice a week might encourage more guys and girls to come out for the team.
Other than conference, HS teams in TN are free to schedule any level team they wish, just like college teams. Sadly, team's like Darby's either choose not too, or other teams don't want to schedule them.

Volfan2012

Other than conference, HS teams in TN are free to schedule any level team they wish, just like college teams. Sadly, team's like Darby's either choose not too, or other teams don't want to schedule them.
They did play a few teams not in their league and some AA teams. Arkansas Jonesboro, Loretto a team not in their league, Dyersburg AA team, Union City AA team twice, South Fulton, Ky and ST Agnes Academy. They are 26 and 0 played 12 district games and 14 non district games.

teacherdean

That is pretty off-base. First the college example has no correlation. Those are recruited athletes. I have coached basketball at a high school with around 400 students in A ball for about 15 years. Lots of success over that time. Your point of coaching being important is true of course. But it gets you to a point where you eventually compete against other schools with much superior athletes, particularly size, and ALSO good coaching. Good coaching negates some of the gap in physical attributes but the difference in size, speed, quickness can get to a point where it can't be overcome by just being a good coach. I have watched some very well coached teams lose to some very poorly coached teams at the Murphy Center at the State Tournament ever year because they couldn't overcome the size and quickness advantage.
Sometimes winning or losing is a matter of how the other team plays as a team. I have seen several good teams get beat because they played as individuals and not as a team. It also matters if players are fundamentally sound. I have seen large teams, with very good athletes, get beat by teams from smaller school because they were fundamentally sound and played within themselves.

VN Store

Sponsors