2020 Lady Vol Recruiting Thread

I review. Theed my first comment on recruitint May 1st not profound and similar to most of the boarders I read and respect. The recruiting plan for 2019-20 has the new dimension of transfers as significant in the late Spring/early Summer. Obviously, LV were at a disadvantage given staff changes. And of course reacting to the loss of two players. Crafting the message on re-establishing the LV Brand between now and this Fall as well as for recruiting in future years is just beginning. Personally I would be satisfied if KJH attracted one significant player who can play this coming season.

2019 recruits: We can only wonder what relationships Holly's staff had with to-be seniors that are still positive/active between players and KJH staff. And those play
We now have learned what we expected in April and May, of the difficulty of the LV attracting the most visible HS juniors given a new coach, little time and recent and visible issues.
And we also expect we will have learned to expect boarders at this time of year who crave high-level attention acquired only using the familar social media approach of focusing on being right and negative.

I’m happy for the Westbeld family.

Same it means her hard work paid off and she will be able to continue her academic education for free!

But let’s be honest nobody thought she was going anywhere other than ND. Academics are great, great coach, and her sister went on her official visit with her 😂 I’m not mad atcha. But like CPS said you can win with us or lose against us 😃 I hope that is the attitude the LVs are starting to acquire again.

I think if we could get Salary or another excellent perimeter player we can start concentrating on a top class for 2021. I don't think there are many quality post players that haven't committed. Maybe we can pick up a grad transfer to add to whomever we sign in this class which looks like no more than two players right now.

Reactions: lvocd
I think if we could get Salary or another excellent perimeter player we can start concentrating on a top class for 2021. I don't think there are many quality post players that haven't committed. Maybe we can pick up a grad transfer to add to whomever we sign in this class which looks like no more than two players right now.

They have already started.... I have 19 recruits that I know of listed as us having an interest , visited or someone on this forum has mentioned! I hope we can get some of these recruits that the coaches have started building relationships!

I noticed as examples, Alabama, Texas A&M and Arkansas have former highly ranked players -transfers bolstering their roster. Will there be the same volumn of players following the 19-20 season? And of course - weighing a transfer with year of not playing versus recruiting a HS graduate. Similarly not all graduated players with a season left will easily transition into the players/family. The roster for next year may not be finalized by November signings.

National Signing Day start tomorrow runs through November 20th. Hoping we could pick up Salary to go with Darby. Think we still need a good 3-4 player if we could get one maybe in April. If we get the two guard will certainly add security and some additional three point shooting for next season. Think we need a 3-4 because Rennia will be a senior and there is come chance she want come back sure she has already graduated had two years of college completed when she got here. I am hoping she will choose to stay around and help the program get back up in recruiting one more season.

National Signing Day start tomorrow runs through November 20th. Hoping we could pick up Salary to go with Darby. Think we still need a good 3-4 player if we could get one maybe in April. If we get the two guard will certainly add security and some additional three point shooting for next season. Think we need a 3-4 because Rennia will be a senior and there is come chance she want come back sure she has already graduated had two years of college completed when she got here. I am hoping she will choose to stay around and help the program get back up in recruiting one more season.

Big get for Iowa this young lady can flat out play Dowling 5-star recruit Caitlin Clark commits to Iowa women's basketball

volfan, I smile with you "who they were saying?" there are lots of Who's in the recruiting world.

Reactions: JohnTN
Disappointed even though doubtful that we ever had a shot. She could have been the impact PG we need for the future.

Back to the recruiting wars.

Disappointed even though doubtful that we ever had a shot. She could have been the impact PG we need for the future.

Back to the recruiting wars.

Don't need a recruiting war, just give me a wannabe speed-guard and I will build us what we need over the summer...I am looking for one now...Time for Coach Jumper to get back to some hands-on coaching this year. Writing's been fun but coaching is funner

From Cashmere HS Facebook:

"Cashmere High School standout basketball player, Hailey Van Lith, will be announcing her college destination at a ceremony on Saturday, November 16th at 12:00 PM in the Cashmere High School Community Center.

Van Lith, one of the top recruits in the country, has narrowed her choice down to two schools. She will be announcing her commitment to either Baylor University (Waco, TX) or University of Louisville (Louisville, KY)."

HVL announcement, College Game Day and the Sooners in primetime all in one day.....It is good to be a Bear.

Last edited:
I think 2020 is gone for Tennessee Darby will the only one. Note there are no highlights on her ?
I think they will have to look for an inside player 3-4 type with two players leaving either through getting Grad Transfer or Juco. There is still a possibility that Rennia will leave early for the WNBA. I think with two leaving you have to bring two on board. We'll have Key, McCoy, KK, and Saunders inside but will be real short on 3-4 possibilities with Brown graduating even if Rennia stays for her senior year. I don't think you ever want to go into any season with a roster less than 12 players.

I think 2020 is gone for Tennessee Darby will the only one. Note there are no highlights on her ?

Destiny Salary, 6' G/W from Arkansas, may still be in the mix. Ranked in the top 100 by both Hoopgurlz (59/17) and Prospect Nation (92/20).

ESPN analysis:

The Classic-May 2019: Versatile perimeter prospect rises over defenders in the key, delivers with feathery touch on jumpers in the lane; quick-leaper, active on the glass, rebounds and runs in uptempo game; exploits mismatches and punishes the defender on the block, scores vs. contact, delivers at the stripe; emerges as a stock-riser in the class of 2020. (Olson)

The National Championship-July 2018: Athletic big-guard with backcourt versatility; bouncy, active in passing lanes, defends, traps in pressure and converts plays from turnovers; rises on jumper in mid-range game. (Olson)

She sounds just like a player that would fit into Kellie's system.

Jim

Reactions: Volfaninfl2
I think they will have to look for an inside player 3-4 type with two players leaving either through getting Grad Transfer or Juco. There is still a possibility that Rennia will leave early for the WNBA. I think with two leaving you have to bring two on board. We'll have Key, McCoy, KK, and Saunders inside but will be real short on 3-4 possibilities with Brown graduating even if Rennia stays for her senior year. I don't think you ever want to go into any season with a roster less than 12 players.
DeCosta would be a nice get from the portal for 3-4 position.

VN Store

Back