2020 Lady Vol Recruiting Thread

If we could get one or two efficient scorers would make a huge difference 42 percent shooting wins the game last night. I know were a long way from another final four a complete overhaul will have to take place that is three four years.
If they shot 42% it would mean 3 more threes and 7 more twos. That’s 23 more points. Not enough.

Reactions: Will83
If they shot 42% it would mean 3 more threes and 7 more twos. That’s 23 more points. Not enough.
Actually we want to make them way up in three as well since they only shot 26 percent there and if they don't shoot 42 there then they shoot way higher than 42 from the two. So even though it might or not have been a win 11 more field goals certainly makes a game of it and if 6 of that 11 are threes well game is at least even and we win if we make a few free throws. Plus you don't foul at the end of the game and they don't get a few free points. I would take 42 percent win or lose because I know there would be a lot more wins than losses.

Last edited:
NC is one of the elite public Universities. Players don't get rich playing pro ball, seldom, and that is a hard grind overseas, crappy towns, crappy hotels, away from family 3 to 5 months. Students who graduate UNC get rich a lot! Can pretty much be assured Grad School acceptance somewhere. So, to say Kellie and UNC's Coach, or Duke's, or Texas' are in same sutuation is just plain wrong on academic, and future earning potental...not even close.

There are lots of universities with more academic prestige than Tennessee. Compare the history, fanbase, and resources Tennessee has in women's basketball compared to a program like North Carolina.... not even close.

Reactions: Volfaninfl2
Actually we want to make them way up in three as well since they only shot 26 percent there and if they don't shoot 42 there then they shoot way higher than 42 from the two. So even though it might or not have been a win 11 more field goals certainly makes a game of it and if 6 of that 11 are threes well game is at least even and we win if we make a few free throws. Plus you don't foul at the end of the game and they don't get a few free points. I would take 42 percent win or lose because I know there would be a lot more wins than losses.
Actually, I made both overall at 42% and three pointer at 42%. That is the three point field goals went up by 3 for 9 points.

This "IF they hit this percentage" they would have done better makes not sense to me. They didn't.

Actually, I made both overall at 42% and three pointer at 42%. That is the three point field goals went up by 3 for 9 points.

This "IF they hit this percentage" they would have done better makes not sense to me. They didn't.
Well the entire point was that Stanford hit 42.6 percent of their shots only got 68 shots we got 72 so if we hit the same percentage as they did we win. It wasn't about what we did it was about what we need to do to compete with the top teams. All of the other statistical categories were fairly even but our shooting was horrendous. Totally about creating more shots than they did but not executing those shots.

Reactions: Volfaninfl2
Well the entire point was that Stanford hit 42.6 percent of their shots only got 68 shots we got 72 so if we hit the same percentage as they did we win.

To do this accurately you have to adjust two point shots, three point shots and even foul shots.

Stanford shot 47.3% on two point shots, 36.7% on threes and 75% on free throws.

So Tennessee would have scored 50 points on two pointers, 21 points on threes and 8 points on free throws. Total is 79.

Congrats on your 1 point win.

To do this accurately you have to adjust two point shots, three point shots and even foul shots.

Stanford shot 47.3% on two point shots, 36.7% on threes and 75% on free throws.

So Tennessee would have scored 50 points on two pointers, 21 points on threes and 8 points on free throws. Total is 79.

Congrats on your 1 point win.
If only the team could reach at least that level of efficiency there would always be a chance to win. The offense now creates no chance to win against a top team. Right now we have four players getting almost 80 minutes of playing time that are contributing absolutely minimal points, rebounds, etc. When the coaching staff figures out that these are almost totally empty minutes then maybe we'll get better because I don't see any of these four players getting a lot better this season.

If only the team could reach at least that level of efficiency there would always be a chance to win. The offense now creates no chance to win against a top team. Right now we have four players getting almost 80 minutes of playing time that are contributing absolutely minimal points, rebounds, etc. When the coaching staff figures out that these are almost totally empty minutes then maybe we'll get better because I don't see any of these four players getting a lot better this season.

Coach is giving everyone minutes. She has had ample opportunity to look at who contributes/strengths/weaknesses. I would expect come conference play she will convert to starting 5 first off bench and role players to match up to SEC play. Rounding down combined with player development will hopefully improve in-game fundamentals, consistency and in taking care of the basketball

Last edited:

Destiny Salary number 10 in black playing in Memphis last week her team lost 45 to 35 but she showed some good moves and a nice stroke on her shot.

I guess the old days are completely gone where the tatts are not covered. I think seeing tatts on men completely covering the body is trashy but on the young ladies is just utterly disgusting ! JMHO as always! SS

Reactions: PG1 and gule
If that was the case, How did Pat and more or less Holly was able to bring better recruits over a period of time than those schools that you mentioned?
Pat invented women's basketball, schools like UNC and Duke, were not on the huge boom she made the sport, but as yrs went by these acedemic major universities got in the game, Texas, UNC, USC, Purdue, Baylor came along. The game blew up into the biggest female NCAA ( when they included female sports) Tennessee was the Holy Grail with Pat, and The Flag Ship. Holly was first legend player, and near constant right arm of success, where she learned recruiting, and honed her skills doing so. But when a great recruiter doesn't get results fanatics (fans) wants, hateful blame thrown at players, and parents, other school coaches...we probably have lost a look of stability to top recruits, it will take great coaching to raise this program back. We don't offer an elite education, future, like UNC who is starting over after firing a legend coach. That is how, and the difference. Pat coach in a time where she was the game, became a living legend, Holly followed that, with direct link, luster faded,.Duke, UNC, Texas, ND, Baylor, Maryland,did recruit right along with Pat's Last 10 yrs and All Holly's years...so yes, they were recruiting at Pat's level. Along with Geno. NC has knew coach, and gets big recruiting results, an offer from them makes parents, teachers, advisors, pressure recruit to jump at opportunity. Tennessee, not in the modern game...yet.

Last edited:
Greenfield 70 Jonesboro 48. Destiny Salary is scoring almost half of her teams total points this season she is on a bad team. Greenfield not only has Tess Darby but also Chloe Moore and Darby's little sister Edie. Greenfield is now 12 and 0 on the season ranked number one in single A and number 92 Nationally. Jonesboro falls to 4 and 5. Darby with 25 points in this one. She is averaging 22 a game this season.

Dx8WrPqXcAAoh61

Last edited:

VN Store

Back