2020 Lady Vol Recruiting Thread

Both conformed instead of "forming"...They let CHW lead them right to job loss.
Many of the same principals in coaching mirror business:
  • One vision equals success...Not, one focus!...each individual must focus their strengths, for the purpose of the vision.
  • You've got to have symmetry in leadership at the helm or a trickle down of the higher-tier's weaknesses will happen by/in the staff.
  • The employees must never see the exec/higher management argue or disagree. Like parents for children,,a division at the top equals an avenue from the bottom (Approaching one parent for one thing and the other parent for thing,,since you know which answer you will get from each.
Anosike and Gordon were Aplha's on the playing court, but Beta's on that bench. An Alpha would have taken a risk from their seat. An Alpha attacks weak leadership. Even at their own immediate risk (See Eveina Westbrook)...But they will take that risk for the good of their cohorts.

Just as an Alpha does in business once they become emotionally invested in said business.

Slow your roll so with the unnecessary attacks on Anosike what did you want her to do slug it out with Holly ? As for Westbrook she never lived up to the hype if you ask me.

Slow your roll so with the unnecessary attacks on Anosike what did you want her to do slug it out with Holly ? As for Westbrook she never lived up to the hype if you ask me.

Not attacking her...
I know her role was limited, but
You can lead from anywhere in the chain.
but you must have the willingness to risk

So is it possible Tennessee offered after last weeks announcement about opening up recruitment?

Also question about the 4 position. Is this a hard position to recruit? Not a true center, but can drive to the basket?

So is it possible Tennessee offered after last weeks announcement about opening up recruitment?

Also question about the 4 position. Is this a hard position to recruit? Not a true center, but can drive to the basket?

I know absolutely nothing about Walker, so what I’m about to say isn’t based on her...

But fans should keep in mind that there is always the possibility, with EVERY elite prospect, that there are unspoken (but very good) reasons that a coaching staff might choose not to make an offer — even if that player wants to receive one.

Maybe a student-athlete has serious and/or ongoing academic issues. Maybe the player has serious disciplinary problems. Maybe the player has a reputation for selfishness, or extreme immaturity, or laziness.

I guess I’d just say that it’s not practical to assume that a staff has necessarily failed in recruiting someone just because an offer wasn’t made. I’m sure, too, that there ARE recruiting failures in which a terrific student-athlete who wanted desperately to receive an offer didn’t, but I wouldn’t assume that’s always the case.

No, she’s picking from Virginia Tech, Rutgers, and Cincinnati.

I know absolutely nothing about Walker, so what I’m about to say isn’t based on her...

But fans should keep in mind that there is always the possibility, with EVERY elite prospect, that there are unspoken (but very good) reasons that a coaching staff might choose not to make an offer — even if that player wants to receive one.

Maybe a student-athlete has serious and/or ongoing academic issues. Maybe the player has serious disciplinary problems. Maybe the player has a reputation for selfishness, or extreme immaturity, or laziness.

I guess I’d just say that it’s not practical to assume that a staff has necessarily failed in recruiting someone just because an offer wasn’t made. I’m sure, too, that there ARE recruiting failures in which a terrific student-athlete who wanted desperately to receive an offer didn’t, but I wouldn’t assume that’s always the case.
Good points

Reactions: JohnnyPayne

LOL just ignore he/she/it that’s what most of us do especially when he comes around to just stir the pot

No they didn’t

None of that was factor for Sakima. She just had not played AAU but one year and had not been on the radar for long. Holly was offering her before she left after watching her play.

She may end up our next Jennifer Azzi or Alana Beard — players we discuss for years as the “ones who got away.” Wherever she ends up I’m sure she’ll be a huge success! :)

None of that was factor for Sakima. She just had not played AAU but one year and had not been on the radar for long. Holly was offering her before she left after watching her play.

Gotta save that scholarship for Darby I guess... :rolleyes:

Reactions: olddog

VN Store

Back