2020 Lady Vol Recruiting Thread

Because Kellie is clearly getting desperate after whiffing on everyone she initially wanted...

I would not say that Kellie whiffed, or is desperate. She was late to high star recruiting game. Top programs were already recruiting top players long before Kellie got the job. If she does well her first year top players will want to come to Rocky Top and be part of something good.

Next year's recruiting depends on this year's winning percentage in the SEC and the NCAA Tournament.

If the team does well, top players will look at TN. If the team continues to play like it did under Holly Warlick, TN will not be considered by top players.

I want TN to get back to being in the running for consensus #1 players like Azzi Fudd was before her knee injury.

(And I surely do hope Azzi can make a come back).

Tess isn’t the best player on that team so I’m a little shocked that they didn’t look at Chloe McNeil

I would not say that Kellie whiffed, or is desperate. She was late to high star recruiting game. Top programs were already recruiting top players long before Kellie got the job. If she does well her first year top players will want to come to Rocky Top and be part of something good.

That's a fair point, but it's not like Kellie is new to the recruiting game. What really adds to the disappointment is how loaded the state of Tennessee was with talent in this class (and no, Darby is not among them). Kellie played her high school and college ball here so it's not like she isn't well connected. I'm sure she started behind on some elite players, but she has still had almost 6 months to sell herself and her vision of the program which apparently didn't resonate at all with any of the big fish. For Kellie to strike out so badly in her own state, it's not a good look...

That's a fair point, but it's not like Kellie is new to the recruiting game. What really adds to the disappointment is how loaded the state of Tennessee was with talent in this class (and no, Darby is not among them). Kellie played her high school and college ball here so it's not like she isn't well connected. I'm sure she started behind on some elite players, but she has still had almost 6 months to sell herself and her vision of the program which apparently didn't resonate at all with any of the big fish. For Kellie to strike out so badly in her own state, it's not a good look...

LOL here we go 😂 for any recruits/parents on this board most of us TN fans were tired of the way things were going but some “fans” would like to b*tch about anything!

I am just saying give her a chance. She is not a virgin recruiter, however, recently it has been at the lower level. Most of the top programs have been very visible at elite high school players’ games for a number of years.

You negative posters need to send your information over to Kellie, so she can get your approval before she offers someone.....

This program has been irrelevant for years....It's going to take a lot of hard work to bring it back....

If Tess wants to be a Lady Vol and shares Kellie's vision, then come on down young lady, and pay no attention to the posters that say you aren't good enough....Don't let anyone steal your dream.

I see potential in her range. That can be a weapon (for some team) to stretch defenses— a weapon that you rarely get with some of the superior athletes.

As far as Harper “striking out”....that is presumptuous. First, signing day hasn’t even occurred yet. Additionally, the portal has changed the urgency to reel in a recruiting haul annually. No one strikes out anymore. You just get back in line. Transfers aren’t just for the bottom feeders anymore. Heavyweights—Connecticut, Baylor, South Carolina, and more have all prospered from the portal, one of the greatest game changers since the 3-pt shot was introduced.

the coach of Georgia Tech has won a National Championship and her first Chief of Staff is a very well-known former LV and elsewhere coach. Yes GT is also in catchup mode but they recognize potential talent at the HS level.

GT also recognizes how potentially betraying the transfer portal can be (Williams and Balogun).....and how rosters can expand via overseas connections (5 foreign players).....Oh, and Fortner recalls how difficult it was to bring a star-studded U.S. National team to TBA and escape with a win.

This program has been irrelevant for years....It's going to take a lot of hard work to bring it back...

That is false. The Lady Vols signed the No. 1 recruiting class in 2017, including the No. 2 ranked player. The previous staff got Horston, ranked No. 2, and Kellie was able to retain her. Stop acting like UT recruiting has been dismal because it hasn’t. The Lady Vols have underperformed but have routinely signed top players, which was one of the main reasons fans were upset with the former head coach.

Last final 4 or championship, 2008.....
Last 3 years out of NCAA either first round, or round of 32....
Last 8 years 172 wins...67 loses...No championships or final 4's.
Previous 38 years.... 1098 wins....208 loses....8 National Championships..

A lot of talent has signed with the LV's the last 8 years, that's not being disputed, but not a lot of wins and championships to show for it....Recruiting means nothing, unless those recruits deliver...

When keeping score, winning is everything....

Does anyone know if Westbeld is on her official visit? I did not realize she was being recruited by one of our assistants before coming with Kellie.

Congrats to the ole miss coach on the two top 50 commits in only 1 full season as head coach.

Does anyone know if Westbeld is on her official visit? I did not realize she was being recruited by one of our assistants before coming with Kellie.

Congrats to the ole miss coach on the two top 50 commits in only 1 full season as head coach.

Ms. Wesbeld is currently on her OV. She was seen at the event tonight! Lets keep our fingers crossed🤞🏿

VN Store

Back