2020 Lady Vol Recruiting Thread

Darby to make her decision by the time of the start of basketball season in November. I think she will be a Lady Vol has a career 44 percent from the three. This will be the first West Tennessee player Lady Vols have signed in a long time.

Wouldn’t she want an official visit ? I would...🙏

She certainly deserves an official visit in order to get the full future Lady Vol treatment. But if she has been certain that she wants to be a Lady Vol for all her life and is anxious to sign before getting one in, then it wouldn’t be the worst thing in the world if the staff got to hold onto one of the precious official visits allotted by the NCAA.

She certainly deserves an official visit in order to get the full future Lady Vol treatment. But if she has been certain that she wants to be a Lady Vol for all her life and is anxious to sign before getting one in, then it wouldn’t be the worst thing in the world if the staff got to hold onto one of the precious official visits allotted by the NCAA.

How many official visits can a university pay for ? Angel Reese got one and fell in love with a California school ? Merritt is staying in Texas.... Hayes committed to Miss. State ! Westbeld is coming this weekend! I count two visits so far ! Who else is coming? Just saying.

How many official visits can a university pay for ? Angel Reese got one and fell in love with a California school ? Merritt is staying in Texas.... Hayes committed to Miss. State ! Westbeld is coming this weekend! I count two visits so far ! Who else is coming? Just saying.

12 per year

Reactions: Volfaninfl2
Just came across this year-old photo of Westbeld in the halls of her high school. No doubting she's a ND fan. Dang it. :rolleyes:
well, her sister played at ND --- shirt could just be support for her sister

Merritt committed to Florida

Reactions: PRG
12 per year

Thanks ....... so we have ten left ? If ANYONE even looks like they want to be a Lady Vol ! Wouldn’t you want to show her and her parents the University and our program? It is not like there is a line outside our doors ! Just saying 🤷‍♂️

Darby to make her decision by the time of the start of basketball season in November. I think she will be a Lady Vol has a career 44 percent from the three. This will be the first West Tennessee player Lady Vols have signed in a long time.
Maybe Lauren Avant who is Liscombs Head coach.

Thanks ....... so we have ten left ? If ANYONE even looks like they want to be a Lady Vol ! Wouldn’t you want to show her and her parents the University and our program? It is not like there is a line outside our doors ! Just saying 🤷‍♂️

That’s harsh. :confused:

She plays single A basketball ! This is the smallest size school ( by student population) in Tennessee..... Most recruits are in the larger size schools like Triple AAA in Tennessee. Some states have 4 AAAA up to 5 or 6 AAAAA! Does this mean that she is not talented enough ? NO She just played against lesser caliber opponents...
Can she play SEC caliber Basketball? Yet to be determined! 🤷‍♂️

Very interesting post, and I'm not disagreeing altogether. However, I think the "caliber" you speak of is primarily quantitative - there are simply more players in the bigger schools - a little bit more competition in practice; that, plus there is the allure of the "bigger is better" atmosphere wherein some outstanding Single, and even Double-A kids suddenly show up to play at such and such bigger school.
I didn't say that bigger schools recruit; in fact, the smaller schools often benefit from the occasional transfer by someone who doesn't like her chances at the "better" schools.
As to how any of this affects the great Greenfield recruit's ability to play SEC caliber Basketball (IF we're fortunate enough to sign her) I'll make it easy for you: It won't!
It is fair to suggest, isn't it?, that the "Yet to be determined" label, can logically be applied to ALL players (to include some on our current roster).
Cheers.

Very interesting post, and I'm not disagreeing altogether. However, I think the "caliber" you speak of is primarily quantitative - there are simply more players in the bigger schools - a little bit more competition in practice; that, plus there is the allure of the "bigger is better" atmosphere wherein some outstanding Single, and even Double-A kids suddenly show up to play at such and such bigger school.
I didn't say that bigger schools recruit; in fact, the smaller schools often benefit from the occasional transfer by someone who doesn't like her chances at the "better" schools.
As to how any of this affects the great Greenfield recruit's ability to play SEC caliber Basketball (IF we're fortunate enough to sign her) I'll make it easy for you: It won't!
It is fair to suggest, isn't it?, that the "Yet to be determined" label, can logically be applied to ALL players (to include some on our current roster).
Cheers.
If she can shoot the rock I don't care if she is in pee wee ball! My goodness!

There won't be a line,, if we think like that.

Cheers.

She made her mark on the AAU summer basketball schedule against players much better than she sees at Greenfield. This didn't slow her down went for some really excellent totals on the court and had one triple double of 18 points 11 rebounds and 11 assists. Her biggest asset is that she can shoot the ball at a high percentage. Not that hard to get players open shots if you have an offense that can move the ball. She can knock them down and anyone that can shoot the three at 44 percent is welcome almost anywhere.

There won't be a line,, if we think like that.

Sorry coach ..... I am not thinking like anyway you might suggest ! I am just stating what I read here.
We had four recruits listed for September and August . I guess four could be considered a line ?
Angel Reese showed up but most on this forum stated her interest of going out to California!
Two recruits ( Jordon Merritt and Madison Hayes ) Neither even showed up !
Maddy Westbeld is scheduled this weekend... I hope she shows?
I love the recruiting process .... who do we like , who likes us , did we make their list of schools of interest, will they take an official visit? I find thinking about a teenage girl and how will they decide is pretty much a waste of time.... For instance : Sydney Parrish visited us multiple times unofficially but went to Oregon ! Jordon , Jackson , Cooke , made most of their official visits together! Everyone said : “ their all going to commit and play together! We got Jordon ... Cook to South Carolina, and Jackson to Miss. State. Treasure Hunt who’s Mother (her coach ) is.
a known friend of UT and (member of this forum ) yet she did not even list us on her final five schools ?
I don’t bother to think 🤔 about what these kids will do ..... I just read about them and write it down ! Just information and (Not much thinking) as you brought to my attention. Thanks

Reactions: stllvf
I figure they offered her one and expect you will hear about it eventually although she may commit without visiting. I expect she has been to Tennessee before to watch a game or whatever reason. I expect she will be going soon if she commits.

I don't believe that a verbal commitment precludes an official visit.

Jim

Sorry coach ..... I am not thinking like anyway you might suggest ! I am just stating what I read here.
We had four recruits listed for September and August . I guess four could be considered a line ?
Angel Reese showed up but most on this forum stated her interest of going out to California!
Two recruits ( Jordon Merritt and Madison Hayes ) Neither even showed up !
Maddy Westbeld is scheduled this weekend... I hope she shows?
I love the recruiting process .... who do we like , who likes us , did we make their list of schools of interest, will they take an official visit? I find thinking about a teenage girl and how will they decide is pretty much a waste of time.... For instance : Sydney Parrish visited us multiple times unofficially but went to Oregon ! Jordon , Jackson , Cooke , made most of their official visits together! Everyone said : “ their all going to commit and play together! We got Jordon ... Cook to South Carolina, and Jackson to Miss. State. Treasure Hunt who’s Mother (her coach ) is.
a known friend of UT and (member of this forum ) yet she did not even list us on her final five schools ?
I don’t bother to think 🤔 about what these kids will do ..... I just read about them and write it down ! Just information and (Not much thinking) as you brought to my attention. Thanks

Jesus, PRG. We get it! (We got it the first 5 times you sounded the alarms.) You are on high alert because you fear that no-one loves us! The sky has already fallen and it can't get up!!! We're doomed! There's simply nothing to be happy about since those young women didn't take their visits! We should all consider digging deep, deep holes before standing on the edges and swallowing cyanide pills so that we can just fall dead into them and then hope some kind strangers come along and cover us up!!!

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

I can't seem to roll my eyes back as far as I truly want to right now.

Reactions: PRG
Jesus, PRG. We get it! (We got it the first 5 times you sounded the alarms.) You are on high alert because you fear that no-one loves us! The sky has already fallen and it can't get up!!! We're doomed! There's simply nothing to be happy about since those young women didn't take their visits! We should all consider digging deep, deep holes before standing on the edges and swallowing cyanide pills so that we can just fall dead into them and then hope some kind strangers come along and cover us up!!!

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Now that is dramatic!

Reactions: sccshortstop

You are so funny 🤣

I was just answering coach jump’s accusation of not thinking that our recruiting this year was or was not and I have a sinister thinking that would make recruits not want to line up to become a lady vol ! Just stating the truth . Sorry for that ..... if I am taking things too far ? Sorry for that also . But if you want to know recruits information over the last few years ? I will check my notes .. But I think we should not discuss 2016 ! Just saying 😁

Reactions: stllvf and mcannon1
You are so funny 🤣

I was just answering coach jump’s accusation of not thinking that our recruiting this year was or was not and I have a sinister thinking that would make recruits not want to line up to become a lady vol ! Just stating the truth . Sorry for that ..... if I am taking things too far ? Sorry for that also . But if you want to know recruits information over the last few years ? I will check my notes .. But I think we should not discuss 2016 ! Just saying 😁

While you're at it, ask your mother to check HER notes to see how many months old you were when she accidentally dropped you on your head. :p

While you're at it, ask your mother to check HER notes to see how many months old you were when she accidentally dropped you on your head. :p

I don’t remember how many months it was but I do remember her saying something about me going on and on and on about something and I just would not shut up !
But I have since learned to not banter when you have nothing to gain ..... so I will end this ! Thanks for the entertainment thou .😈

Reactions: mcannon1
I don’t remember how many months it was but I do remember her saying something about me going on and on and on about something and I just would not shut up !
But I have since learned to not banter when you have nothing to gain ..... so I will end this ! Thanks for the entertainment thou .😈

lol For the record, I think I was about 6 months old when my Mom dropped ME on my head. Explains a lot, eh? :p

VN Store

Back