2020 Lady Vol Recruiting Thread

I think you have Maddie Westbeld confused with Angel Reese who SC is definitely after. Tenn is involved with both so I could see how that confused you, but yes SC has visited Reese twice and will get an official in October.

Ok looking at Angel Reese’s twitter I think everybody may be confused. She was not saying that was SC’s 2nd great visit I think she meant it was a great a great home visit with SC that just so happened to be home visit number two of how many.

If we are taking that the SC visit was a great second home visit than USC just got a 3rd great home visit 😂

I’m not saying they haven’t visited twice but I think she is posting her home visits in a row and saying that they were great!

This is just to clear up confusion. Although I don’t think she posted home visit #1 which may have confused some people.

Reactions: RollerVol
See she states 3rd great home visit. I am sure schools have visited her multiple times but I think in this case she is just repping them and posting them😃

Attachments

• 4554E290-9A0E-453C-8451-EF17B0D9C36A.png
    4554E290-9A0E-453C-8451-EF17B0D9C36A.png
    5.2 MB · Views: 36
Last edited:
See she states 3rd great home visit. I am sure schools have visited her multiple times but I think in this case she is just repping them and posting them😃

Reese recently had two different home visits that she tweeted.

1st Coaches from USC Gamecocks "2nd Great Home Visit! @GamecockWBB"

2nd Coaches from USC Trojans "3rd Great Home Visit! @USCTrojans"

Guessing Reese's comments on each tweet means that's the 2nd overall home visit for Gamecocks and 3rd overall for Trojans since I'm not seeing 1st home visits for this week.

Reese recently had two different home visits that she tweeted.

1st Coaches from USC Gamecocks "2nd Great Home Visit! @GamecockWBB"

2nd Coaches from USC Trojans "3rd Great Home Visit! @USCTrojans"

Guessing Reese's comments on each tweet means that's the 2nd overall home visit for Gamecocks and 3rd overall for Trojans since I'm not seeing 1st home visits for this week.

Yea I dunno. Maybe the first one is the one she is gonna commit too 😉

Ok looking at Angel Reese’s twitter I think everybody may be confused. She was not saying that was SC’s 2nd great visit I think she meant it was a great a great home visit with SC that just so happened to be home visit number two of how many.

If we are taking that the SC visit was a great second home visit than USC just got a 3rd great home visit 😂

I’m not saying they haven’t visited twice but I think she is posting her home visits in a row and saying that they were great!

This is just to clear up confusion. Although I don’t think she posted home visit #1 which may have confused some people.

SC did in fact have a home visit with her in May that she never posted. Her mother tweeted out that she had a great home visit with SC and Maryland on the same day. That was before she released her top 5 list of schools. All that doesn’t matter because these schools will most likely get OV’s anyway. I like the fact that SC went to see her after Maryland probably threw the kitchen sink at her last weekend, although I wish we would have done it after this visit she will have at UT this weekend. It’s also interesting that Southern Cal did the same thing. They must really like their chances....

Vols don't make Treasure Hunt's top-5: Auburn, Mississippi State, Kentucky, South Carolina, and Baylor. Ugh.

Tennessee produces so much high level talent, and I hope KJH can begin to keep some of it home.
----
Also, updated the 2020 recruiting list and added the ASGR rankings

- Angel Reese - 6’3” - Wing - MD - PN 6 - ESPN 2 - ASGR 3
- Madeline Westbeld - 6’2” - Forward - OH - PN 24 - ESPN 23 - ASGR 22
- Jordyn Merritt - 6'2" - Forward - TX - PN 32 - ESPN 27 - ASGR 31

- Madison Hayes - 6’0” - Guard - TN - PN 57 - ESPN 29 - ASGR 14
- Dontavia Waggoner - 6’1” - Wing - TN - PN 27 - ESPN 94 - ASGR 75
- Piath Gabriel - 6'5" - Forward - NH - PN 88 - ASGR 107

**Bold indicates a prospect has UT in their top 5-8**

Last edited:
Agreed. Kellie has to prove to the recruits that she's worth playing for.

It is up to the coaches to convince a recruit how they will fit their program and the game plans on how the recruit will be used ! If this information is well received..... you have a chance to sign them ?
Many other factors such as : educational degrees , close proximity to family being able to see them play , chances of winning , championships possibilities, etc. And what I think is the most important.... (How Much Playing Time ? Will I Start ? What athletes that play my position are already on the team ?)
PT BABY..... that is the question?😁

It is up to the coaches to convince a recruit how they will fit their program and the game plans on how the recruit will be used ! If this information is well received..... you have a chance to sign them ?
Many other factors such as : educational degrees , close proximity to family being able to see them play , chances of winning , championships possibilities, etc. And what I think is the most important.... (How Much Playing Time ? Will I Start ? What athletes that play my position are already on the team ?)
PT BABY..... that is the question?😁
I agree with you, but I think the challenge for Kellie as a new coach is that she has to show that she knows what she's doing first. It will be hard to sign the top players unless you have some results to back up your coach title. Once that's established, the other factors you mention will also be in play.

What seems to be lost in this entitled world is that it is still the job of coaches to coach the players.

The cowboy who doesn't recognize that his horse is thirsty will wear his hat atop boots, not hooves.
The horse will not ask (cept for Mr. Ed)...The rider must know[/QUOTE
One of the main issues with a bad team is creating a winning environment. The team is surrounded by a sea of negavity. It takes a special coach to go into a losing program and turn it around. It takes a coach who can get player buy in before they will drink from the river of success. In the last 10 years the football coaching has been less than stellar. To bring Tennessee back to the days of old, you need to recruit a coach who has had success at the power five level. That means you have to be willing to pay the money it takes to hire a top coach. Bargain basement coaches will not get it done.

I agree with you, but I think the challenge for Kellie as a new coach is that she has to show that she knows what she's doing first. It will be hard to sign the top players unless you have some results to back up your coach title. Once that's established, the other factors you mention will also be in play.

That challenge starts with KJH's success with her current players. A lot of late signing players are in the wait and see mode. If she starts well in keeps the team in the race for the SEC title, and not lose to teams she is suppose to beat, I believe that she has a chance to sign some very good players. Also, posters, including me, have to relent from being negative about the team and the coaching and give KJH a chance. We must remember there will be some growing pains in reestablishing the Lady Vols as a constant top 10 team. We need to further realize that KJH is not the seconding coming of Pat Summitt.

A new addition to the list:
- Taliyah Medina, a 6-1 W from Bethlehem Catholic HS (PA), who reportedly holds a Tennessee offer. Ranked #54 by Prospects Nation.

Talked about before, but the ranking of players can be so different for PN and espn. Medina is not listed in espn top 100.
Of course what really matters is the coaches evaluation of how the player will fit in the system.

Reactions: Volfaninfl2
Talked about before, but the ranking of players can be so different for PN and espn. Medina is not listed in espn top 100.
Of course what really matters is the coaches evaluation of how the player will fit in the system.
Agree. It looks like Medina didn't play last year due to injury which may be the reason why ESPN has her ranked lower also.

Agree. It looks like Medina didn't play last year due to injury which may be the reason why ESPN has her ranked lower also.

You cannot explain some of the rankings of players.... Dontavia Waggoner (Nashville) 2020
HG = # 94
PN = #28

Two years ago when I was looking at Treasure Hunt she was in top ten and now at #36 ???
Cordosa was not on the list top 60 but now is #5 ... I try and go see them play when you can .... but that’s not always possible!

VN Store

Back