2020 Lady Vol Recruiting Thread

Looks like Tennessee had a coach at Kalamazoo Central HS in Michigan:

It appears it would be for their 2021 prospect Morasha "Mo" Wiggins, a 6-0 G.

Wiggins plays AAU for the MI Crossover (on the EYBL circuit), and she had a terrific showing at Nike Nationals averaging 15.8 PPG and 5.8 RPG, including 23 points and 8 rebounds against Saniya Rivers and Teonni Key's Carolina Flames squad.

Last edited:
I was about to, once again, point out how disappointing it is that folks too often call our program the “Vols” and use the Vols’ logo, but then I noticed that Coach Sullivan herself chose to wear the Power T to the event instead of the Lady Vol logo.

Whatevs, CJS. It’s certainly not the end of the world as there are many, many FAR more serious matters in this world to fret about, but Sullivan did just lose a few “cool points” in my house for that shirt. :confused:

Reactions: RollerVol
Looks like Tennessee had a coach at Kalamazoo Central HS in Michigan:

It appears it would be for their 2020 prospect Morasha "Mo" Wiggins, a 6-0 G.

Wiggins plays AAU for the MI Crossover (on the EYBL circuit), and she had a terrific showing at Nike Nationals averaging 15.8 PPG and 5.8 RPG, including 23 points and 8 rebounds against Saniya Rivers and Teonni Key's Carolina Flames squad.

Looking her up in 2020 ..... It seems she might be 2021 class ??? Anyway , It is good to see UT coaches get on to these athletes even before the recruiting services know about them !

Piath Gabriel has been offered by UConn on her visit their.

It’s way early to read much into these visits, offers, etc., but I can’t help myself:
They might have offered for any number of reasons; hopefully, chief among those is due to some hesitation by Amari DeBerry, whom, disregarding the various rating services, is the top player in next season’s class. By far! *OMO, of course.*
Meanwhile, we continue to hope for one, or a couple good fits from this 2020 class.

It’s way early to read much into these visits, offers, etc., but I can’t help myself:
They might have offered for any number of reasons; hopefully, chief among those is due to some hesitation by Amari DeBerry, whom, disregarding the various rating services, is the top player in next season’s class. By far! *OMO, of course.*
Meanwhile, we continue to hope for one, or a couple good fits from this 2020 class.

Piath's offer is about the fact they need height. The current roster of returning players for 2020-21 has Nelson Ododa at 6-4 and then 2 players at 6-1. They have been recruiting quite a few "bigs" in 2020 and they would like to get 2. They have been looking at multiple international forwards/posts for 2020 and 2021. UConn is still in the running for Cardoso, as one of the 5 finalists. They need 2 classes of 2 bigs, to have the normal number of forwards & posts on the roster. 2021 they have Lattimore(Canadian) & Deberry as the prime targets, both offered.

I was about to, once again, point out how disappointing it is that folks too often call our program the “Vols” and use the Vols’ logo, but then I noticed that Coach Sullivan herself chose to wear the Power T to the event instead of the Lady Vol logo.

Whatevs, CJS. It’s certainly not the end of the world as there are many, many FAR more serious matters in this world to fret about, but Sullivan did just lose a few “cool points” in my house for that shirt. :confused:

Power T is both men’s and women’s. A LV shirt would have been nice, but no big deal.

Besides, UT probably provided that shirt to her. It’ll take a while to get rid of all of the hart stench.

INTERESTING !

Alasia Hayes (Annie’s third sister) 2020 class .
List her final five : Notre Dame , Michigan , N.C.State , Rutgers , MTSU . Annie and sister Aislynn are playing for MTSU.

The interesting part : Other schools that have offered ..... UK , Tx. A&M, Florida, Ole Miss. and UNIVERSITY OF TENNESSEE!!!! I find this as odd . Is this the old offer when we were recruiting Anastasia? Is our current coaches recruiting her ? Can some of you insiders comment? 🤷‍♂️

INTERESTING !

List her final five : Notre Dame , Michigan , N.C.State , Rutgers , MTSU . Annie and sister Aislynn are playing for MTSU.

The interesting part : Other schools that have offered ..... UK , Tx. A&M, Florida, Ole Miss. and UNIVERSITY OF TENNESSEE!!!! I find this as odd . Is this the old offer when we were recruiting Anastasia? Is our current coaches recruiting her ? Can some of you insiders comment? 🤷‍♂️

When Annie got removed from the Universtiy her mom went on social media and said clearly that TN was not an option for the other 3 daughters that all had standing offers to play at TN.

She then went on and retweeted and posted every loss that LV had and some things about CHW firing. So needless to say she wasn’t happy with TN and felt maybe they did Annie wrong ?

KJH staff have stated their criteria for recruitment of young women who they believe will understand the expectations of the LV image. I wonder how many potential players are included or excluded based on their assessments. and with a broad smile - how many players are in doubt based on meeting their parents?

When Annie got removed from the Universtiy her mom went on social media and said clearly that TN was not an option for the other 3 daughters that all had standing offers to play at TN.

She then went on and retweeted and posted every loss that LV had and some things about CHW firing. So needless to say she wasn’t happy with TN and felt maybe they did Annie wrong ?

There are FOUR Sisters ...... Acacia Hayes (Sophomore) is the fourth! She may be the best athlete of the four ? So I guess Moma Hayes does not want her to go to UT either ? 😁

There are FOUR Sisters ...... Acacia Hayes (Sophomore) is the fourth! She may be the best athlete of the four ? So I guess Moma Hayes does not want her to go to UT either ? 😁

Correct, when I said UT was not an option I said for the other 3 daughters after Annie was dismissed. It isn’t a secret she was upset and even talked about on here. Again, I wish the Hayes sisters the best but they aren’t LVs (and according to mom will never be) so I don’t worry about them. Just like any other players who may have left or chose to go a different route.

But to answer your question momma wasn’t having it and squashed any notion her other daughters would go to UT.

INTERESTING !

Here ya go hope this helps

Mom of dismissed Anastasia Hayes: Her 3 sisters won't be playing for Lady Vols

Correct, when I said UT was not an option I said for the other 3 daughters after Annie was dismissed. It isn’t a secret she was upset and even talked about on here. Again, I wish the Hayes sisters the best but they aren’t LVs (and according to mom will never be) so I don’t worry about them. Just like any other players who may have left or chose to go a different route.

But to answer your question momma wasn’t having it and squashed any notion her other daughters would go to UT.

Then the Hayes family’s intention is to brag about the University of Tennessee offered her child but they are not going to the mighty UT!

Even if the offer was from three years ago and from an ousted coach ? 😈

Reactions: JohnnyPayne
Power T is both men’s and women’s. A LV shirt would have been nice, but no big deal.

I understand that, and I agree that it’s not that big of a deal in the grand scheme of things. That said, I can’t help but think of all the women (and men) who made great sacrifices of their time and energy and money to make sure the Lady Vol logo — and not the Power T — was what Lady Vol basketball players and staff would wear as they represent the program.

Last edited:
Reactions: Memvol44
When should we start becoming a bit concerned about recruiting???
If we don’t have a good 2021 class! Because of the coaching change I didn’t expect to land much from the 2020 class (I think we land at least 1 though)

We only stand to lose Lou and Kam (praying that no one else leaves) and return 10, therefore with the transfer pool we could grab a grad transfer or someone who could have immediate eligibility due to a coaching change elsewhere and those players could make up if we miss out in 2020.

I don’t think recruiting will be an issue at all, we just got to get back to winning and I strongly believe that will start happening soon!

When should we start becoming a bit concerned about recruiting???

Mid-November of next year.
Coach Kellie has twelve new players to test everything she’s learned about coaching to date, and she essentially had to recruit everyone of them, a recruitment process that is ongoing.
It would be great, though greatly unexpected if she can sign another or two top-tier 2020 players, but not doing so will do little to demonstrate that she is not up to the task at hand. She has a lot of highly-skilled Lady Vols to coach and recruit - enough to challenge the best in, and beyond the conference. Even one more quality signing - this year - is a bonus.

Edited to add: Good post, mlindsay. You already stated what I was thinking, only better.

Last edited:
Mid-November of next year.
Coach Kellie has twelve new players to test everything she’s learned about coaching to date, and she essentially had to recruit everyone of them, a recruitment process that is ongoing.
It would be great, though greatly unexpected if she can sign another or two top-tier 2020 players, but not doing so will do little to demonstrate that she is not up to the task at hand. She has a lot is highly-skilled Lady Vols to coach and recruit - enough to challenge the best in, and beyond the conference. Even one more quality signing - this year - is a bonus.

Edited to add: Good post, mlindsay. You already stated what I was thinking, only better.

Agreed. Kellie already has a TON of young talent to develop and work with on this years roster. Thankfully we don’t have a senior-laden team. There’s a great chance (if no one leaves), that she’ll have her starting five back for the 20-21 season. If we do sign a top player(s) in this class, that would be icing on the cake.

VN Store

Back