2020 Lady Vol Recruiting Thread

I think 2020 is a wrap for the Kellie Top-5 ranked Kamilla Cardoso, 6-6 C, Hamilton Heights Christian Academy (Chattanooga, TN), is reportedly on an official at Ohio State this weekend (along with Madeline Westbeld and their 2020 commits)

TN was already out for Cardoso. Didn't make the final 5 list which consists of UConn, Ohio St, Miss St, SCarolina, Syracuse.

Let’s see..... Jazmines team mate ( Balogun )went to Georgia Tech. Now at Louisville! Latest player ( Esmery Martinez ) to Mississippi State then to Texas now at west Virginia before the season starts ???? If Jasmine stays .... We maybe better off ?

There are two others coming soon . Treasure and Kamilla which I am sure we will not get at least on the first go around! Maybe the portal later ! ?

One thing I will say....... The ladies coming out of HH are well coached and if they are from that program.... you should be glad to get one of their players! JMO

Maybe they are looking for another Jazmine

Was in North Carolina this weekend watching a HS football game. Also had a chance to chat with some parents about Saniya Rivers the 2020 recruiting class and ACC conference there is a lot of buzz about Hailey Van Lith and Louisville. I don`t see Oregon or Oregon State getting into the mix , Both team look like they are already loaded.

Reactions: PRG
Having trouble following! Saniya Rivers is 2021 class from North Carolina . Understand the ACC discussion but your 2020 recruiting class confused me with Saniya and mentioning 2020 ?

Were your conversations about Haley going to Louisville ? I heard she might go to Texas ? Please give us more information in as much detail as possible. Thanks

Was in North Carolina this weekend watching a HS football game. Also had a chance to chat with some parents about Saniya Rivers the 2020 recruiting class and ACC conference there is a lot of buzz about Hailey Van Lith and Louisville. I don`t see Oregon or Oregon State getting into the mix , Both team look like they are already loaded.

Oregon and Oregon State don't have to get in the mix, they have been in since the beginning. They offered her way early. Van Lith's finalist are Louisville, Baylor, UCLA, UConn, Notre Dame, Ohio State, Oregon, Oregon State. In regards to teams being loaded she's more highly regarded and has a better resume being on USA bball teams as a guard/PG than any player OR or ORST has signed. She's probably pretty sure she will win her spot over others, which is pretty much the case almost everywhere. The only place that would not be the case is UConn, which signed Bueckers, who has played ahead of Van Lith at USA bball consistently. Personally opinion see her staying west at Oregon or Oregon St and if she leaves the west Baylor is probably the best fit, followed by UL.

Last edited:
Reactions: NeedOrange and PRG
Having trouble following! Saniya Rivers is 2021 class from North Carolina . Understand the ACC discussion but your 2020 recruiting class confused me with Saniya and mentioning 2020 ?

Were your conversations about Haley going to Louisville ? I heard she might go to Texas ? Please give us more information in as much detail as possible. Thanks

She could go to Texas but from what i was getting Louisville might be the front runner. Had a chance to talk to a lot of family members who said keep an eye of North Carolina verbal 6-2 Anya Poole she can play with the best of them With her and 6-3 Malu Tshitenge in this class of 2019 look out. Good pick up for new coach Courtney Banghart

louisville, I believe, signed the Japanese point guard from their olympic team.

From a Mississippi State article, Madison Hayes is down to Mississippi State, NC State, UNC, Louisville, and Tennessee.

Believe she will end up at Miss St. unfortunately.

From a Mississippi State article, Madison Hayes is down to Mississippi State, NC State, UNC, Louisville, and Tennessee.

Believe she will end up at Miss St. unfortunately.
After the demise of her sister Annie at the big orange I suspect the taste of orange is not that great even though she has shown us a little love.

Someone stated on FB that Maria reported Angel Reese has eliminated the Lady Vols. Anyone know if this is true?
Yes, it is true -- Maria reported it on the 247 Page. Down to Hayes and Westbeld. Louisville 247 said "Hayes is off the board" and Mississippi State 247 said "They feel very good about Hayes." but it appears we are still in the running, which is a terrific sign.

Will the Lady Vols sign anyone in the top 100 in the 2020 class? We do not need another 2016 recruiting experience and I mean no disrespect. This is making me a little nervous.

Def hear ya! It makes me nervous and I want to sign players (that WANT to be here and fit) however I would be more nervous with the 2021 if it went like this because this group came in super late with the 20s. At least they have a year plus to work on the 21s where some schools have been communicating for 3 or more.

Not making excuses at all just trying to be realistic... winning and playing hard will cure that.

Reactions: Volfaninfl2
I remember Tennessee was late recruiting Rennia Davis, so it is possible for us to get a top 50 player, but if not perhaps a grad transfer, JC or portal player.

If we could get Westbeld would she play Rennia’s position?

I remember Tennessee was late recruiting Rennia Davis, so it is possible for us to get a top 50 player, but if not perhaps a grad transfer, JC or portal player.

If we could get Westbeld would she play Rennia’s position?

Yes Rennia was the last recruit to commit that year. We already had two top ten guards plus KK a top 50 player. So she committed to the top recruiting class in the nation for that year! All athletes want to play with other good athletes! So getting a top recruit not knowing what Tennessee is going to do this year and knowing they maybe the ONLY recruit in the class ??? A lot of uncertainty about this program..... JMO

Will the Lady Vols sign anyone in the top 100 in the 2020 class? We do not need another 2016 recruiting experience and I mean no disrespect. This is making me a little nervous.

It's not unexpected that recruits are playing the waiting game. If this is still an issue in 2021, that's cause for concern. But Kellie needs to prove herself on the court, and the commits will come. Holly had the advantage of following Pat, so recruiting remained strong since Tennessee was still a top tier team. Kellie is coming in at the tail end of a dumpster fire, so she will need to show that she's worth playing for. Once she turns the program's trajectory around, I believe the recruiting will take care of itself.

I could tell that Reese wasn't interested in Tennessee while she was visiting. Everyone went out of their way to make her feel at home here and all she wanted to talk about was her visit to Southern California. So that she has dropped Tennessee from consideration is not a surprise. We still need to find two top players to join the team and make up this next class let's hope it happens.

I could tell that Reese wasn't interested in Tennessee while she was visiting. Everyone went out of their way to make her feel at home here and all she wanted to talk about was her visit to Southern California. So that she has dropped Tennessee from consideration is not a surprise. We still need to find two top players to join the team and make up this next class let's hope it happens.

I’m encouraged by the fact that a decent number of top 2020 recruits even had Tennessee on their shortlists in the first place given how late their recruitments began. That means Tennessee is still a program worth considering. And like others have said, once Kellie has Tennessee winning the type of big games on national TV that were losses in recent years, then recruits may want to play for a bright young coach who they know will bring out the best inthem.

Recruiting will pick up as soon as Coach Kellie starts winning. Right now it's all upbeat talk and wide-eyed optimism. Top tier kids want to see results before jumping on board and you can't blame them. It's been a long time since the Lady Vols were considered a top tier program. It's just the way it is, like it or not.

Reactions: mcannon1

VN Store

Back