2020 Lady Vol Recruiting Thread

I heard Jordyn Merritt has cancelled her visit

According to WBBblog Merritt visited San Diego State 8/30, Alabama 9/6, Florida 9/13, no dates listed for any other finalists which are TN, KY, Penn St, NC State, Army. The list is very eclectic to say the least. She has mid majors, P5's with tradition and without. Also, no Texas schools from a top 30 ranked kid from the state.

According to WBBblog Merritt visited San Diego State 8/30, Alabama 9/6, Florida 9/13, no dates listed for any other finalists which are TN, KY, Penn St, NC State, Army. The list is very eclectic to say the least. She has mid majors, P5's with tradition and without. Also, no Texas schools from a top 30 ranked kid from the state.

Attachments

• B0897762-B7BD-4FB8-9CFC-F7314413AB2D.jpeg
    B0897762-B7BD-4FB8-9CFC-F7314413AB2D.jpeg
    134.3 KB · Views: 27
Reactions: Guru2019
Merritt says she has already made a choice and that is why she didn't visit. We can mark her off the list. Florida really? We want to get a couple players in the class but really this class isn't one that is overly important going forward we just need a couple top players so that the class want be vacant.

The original list is as up-to-date based on boarder input. And we recognize that the list was compiled by us based on the availability of media and individual boarders "hopes and favorites."

Reactions: Smallvol#1
Was looking at remaining prospects on espn and a Point guard from PA is ranked 6 on espn and 101 on prospect nation. That is probably the widest gap in ranking that I have seen.

Was looking at remaining prospects on espn and a Point guard from PA is ranked 6 on espn and 101 on prospect nation. That is probably the widest gap in ranking that I have seen.

Is this person on our list as a recruit we are interested in ?

The original list is as up-to-date based on boarder input. And we recognize that the list was compiled by us based on the availability of media and individual boarders "hopes and favorites."
Shelby Calhoun committed to VA Tech awhile ago -- she can be taken off.

Ware also committed to Arizona -- she can be taken off as well.

Mid-November of next year.
Coach Kellie has twelve new players to test everything she’s learned about coaching to date, and she essentially had to recruit everyone of them, a recruitment process that is ongoing.
It would be great, though greatly unexpected if she can sign another or two top-tier 2020 players, but not doing so will do little to demonstrate that she is not up to the task at hand. She has a lot of highly-skilled Lady Vols to coach and recruit - enough to challenge the best in, and beyond the conference. Even one more quality signing - this year - is a bonus.

Edited to add: Good post, mlindsay. You already stated what I was thinking, only better.
Thanks! Yours was great also!

Reactions: krichunaka
If we can add a stretch four type player that is solid and maybe another 2-3 type player we'll be fine in recruiting for this season. Only losses will be Brown and Harris maybe R. Davis if she decides to go pro early but definitely 9 returning. We'll need at least a couple to keep that roster at 11 or 12. If Davis stays for her senior year we only lose her and KK the next year and expect we'll be looking for a point guard, a post and a three for that class. A long way to go yet if we fail with the high school players could still add a transfer or JC player doubt we'll let the class go vacant we need at least two players to replace players graduating.

Reactions: krichunaka
I think 2020 is a wrap for the Kellie Top-5 ranked Kamilla Cardoso, 6-6 C, Hamilton Heights Christian Academy (Chattanooga, TN), is reportedly on an official at Ohio State this weekend (along with Madeline Westbeld and their 2020 commits)

Reactions: windmillmaan
I think 2020 is a wrap for the Kellie Top-5 ranked Kamilla Cardoso, 6-6 C, Hamilton Heights Christian Academy (Chattanooga, TN), is reportedly on an official at Ohio State this weekend (along with Madeline Westbeld and their 2020 commits)

Are there any more official visits scheduled for UT?
Westbeld is probably a long shot, but she would probably fit in well at UT.

Do either one of them have a father that wants to coach ? 😈

I had hoped we would get more than Jasmine from HH but don't look like we will.

Let’s see..... Jazmines team mate ( Balogun )went to Georgia Tech. Now at Louisville! Latest player ( Esmery Martinez ) to Mississippi State then to Texas now at west Virginia before the season starts ???? If Jasmine stays .... We maybe better off ?

There are two others coming soon . Treasure and Kamilla which I am sure we will not get at least on the first go around! Maybe the portal later ! ?

One thing I will say....... The ladies coming out of HH are well coached and if they are from that program.... you should be glad to get one of their players! JMO

Last edited:
Let’s see..... Jazmines team mate ( Balogun )went to Georgia Tech. Now at Louisville! Latest player ( Esmery Martinez ) to Mississippi State then to Texas now at west Virginia before the season starts ???? If Jasmine stays .... We maybe better off ?

There are two others coming soon . Treasure and Kamilla which I am sure we will ot get at least on the first go around! Maybe the portal later ! ?

One thing I will say....... The ladies coming out of HH are well coached and if they are from that program.... you should be glad to get one of their players! JMO
No disagreement here! Seems to be somewhat nomadic group and I guess by how they got to HH would show that tendency. In my stupid head I really thought we would get TH anyway but now days this propensity for quitting and moving on is REAL! As long as the portal is a free agency for college athletic it is what it is. JMHO as always! SS

VN Store

Back