2020 Football Team

I agree with this. I see Georgia falling back. They’ll lose in week 3 to Bama and quite possibly in week 6 to Auburn. They could have three conference losses by the time they play Tennessee. Plus, they’re a mess on offense. Shaky coordinator with a new unknown QB, 4 new o-linemen and only one proven WR who is on shaky ground with grades.

It’s Florida v Tennessee in Knoxville for the Division next year.
The return of the good old days:cool:

I was debating posting a similar thread. First off, I am a firm believer that we should have won 10 games last year. That was before the first kick of the season. Kentucky and Mississippi State were gutted. Candy was making no progress. I didn't expect wins at UF or against UGA. My only toss ups were Mizzou bc they got the QB transfer and USC because of the Chimp curse.

That being said, Pruitt is now going to/needing to face the expectations of his own creating. The recruiting has been above average. The transfer portal has been phenomenal. Losses to the draft are fairly minimal as compared to our counterparts and at positions that aren't as difficult to replenish. This will be our best offensive line in over a decade. Our defense will have more depth and talent than I can remember in quite some time. There are also leaders on the defense we have not seen since Berry.

Then you have to factor in the intangibles. UF will be down. They lose their only two competent DLineman. It would be repetitive to go through nightmare that Georgia is becoming. I think Oklahoma will have a lot of soul searching to do. And while Alabama always loses a lot, this year is different ... It's deeper for them, and they just didn't look like Alabama of old last year. IMHO CJP needs to win the East next year, or I don't think he's the guy. Florida and Georgia won't be down for long. The SEC has notified the nation that it won't tolerate mediocrity (Miss State, Mizzou, Mississippi, Arkansas etc.) The home conference schedule is favorable. Our opponents' West schedules will hurt them. Georgia plays Alabama and Auburn. UF plays LSU and Ole Miss. We get a break with Arkansas. Next year is the year. It may seem crazy, but if you granted me ONE victory wish for a team on our schedule next year, I'd pick Oklahoma. Win that game on the road, establish momentum and confidence, get experience in a hostile environment, and you should be able to come back home and deal with a defensively depleted UF. At that point, confidence takes over and you start to roll. CJP gets a lot of kudos for winning games in the back half of the schedule that he should have won anyway. It's time to win the games we should with no issues and win the toss ups. AL/UF/UGA will not be collectively this vulnerable again at the same time for a long time.
I think a win against OU and/or UGA is possible (mostly OU) but you are underestimating Fla imo. Sure they lost 2 of their best players on defense, but so did we. Sure, we stacked up on defense in this recruiting class, but so have they. I think they beat Ole Miss next yr and maybe LSU. The tigers won't have Burrows next season. We will beat Arky, and even though Bama isnt the same team, beating them will still be a tall order. We are still questionable at QB, and Trask has more than proven he is reliable. They are beatable, but unless we finally get a QB to come in and light it up, and we stop shooting ourselves in the foot when we play them, I'm not comfortable predicting a win.

I agree with this. I see Georgia falling back. They’ll lose in week 3 to Bama and quite possibly in week 6 to Auburn. They could have three conference losses by the time they play Tennessee. Plus, they’re a mess on offense. Shaky coordinator with a new unknown QB, 4 new o-linemen and only one proven WR who is on shaky ground with grades.

You hate to see it 😂 Man I hope this happens, I miss the old TN/FL rivalry of years past.

Reactions: Jaws
I think a win against OU and/or UGA is possible (mostly OU) but you are underestimating Fla imo. Sure they lost 2 of their best players on defense, but so did we. Sure, we stacked up on defense in this recruiting class, but so have they. I think they beat Ole Miss next yr and maybe LSU. The tigers won't have Burrows next season. We will beat Arky, and even though Bama isnt the same team, beating them will still be a tall order. We are still questionable at QB, and Trask has more than proven he is reliable. They are beatable, but unless we finally get a QB to come in and light it up, and we stop shooting ourselves in the foot when we play them, I'm not comfortable predicting a win.

Fair post. I'm not predicting anything yet. I'm speaking in generalities. Until the signing class is sealed and qualified, until the transfer portal (for better or for worse) is done, until It's around August and I know about our injuries/ or any possible suspensions then predicting is kinda just an exercise in making the seven months of no football go faster.

Reactions: Proud Army Wife
I know my nephew coming back. Im just saying he is not going to be a 5th option how most people thinks. He coming in next year to start. Him and Palmer has the most experience and he actually was a leader of the wr group. It would be foolish to have him come off the bench.
No, he redshirted last year for a reason....he couldn’t get on the field and the coaches figured he could provide experience and depth in 2020... but he’s still gotta earn it, we’ll see if he can. Now he’ll be battling Gibbs, Palmer, Keyton, Jones, Tillman, Hyatt, etc. Hope he has a good 5th year, team needs him to step up and be steady in the slot.

Last edited:
Fair post. I'm not predicting anything yet. I'm speaking in generalities. Until the signing class is sealed and qualified, until the transfer portal (for better or for worse) is done, until It's around August and I know about our injuries/ or any possible suspensions then predicting is kinda just an exercise in making the seven months of no football go faster.
Yeah I know what you mean. No doubt if we had a good reliable QB, we could compete with anyone on our schedule. Our o-line will be stupid-good and I'm not worried about the wr group as some are. Sucks losing JJ and Quez but we still have more than enough weapons at the position. I think our run-game will improve too. Gray is special. I'm not sure about defense yet. We've built a lot of depth there but depends on how well the next men up fill those leadership roles. A beast DE like Barnett would be encouraging. The main thing I'll be speculating on this off-season is the QB situation. I think we're all sick of lacking in that department. I don't want to rely on a freshman qb, but damn I hope Bailey comes in amd lights it up.

Yep, Georgia is gonna fall back. Lost too much, questionable OC, marginal head coach who’s strength is recruiting and only recruiting. They’ve peaked and now they gonna come back to the group. Florida is the clear cut favorite now to win the East.

Question is, how far will Georgia fall? Just a step back or a full on tumble? I think they’ll still be the favorite to finish second in the East but if things fall right, if Tennessee washes its hands of Guarantano, the Vols can finish in second place, despite still being at a talent disadvantage to the Bulldogs. Kentucky 4th, SCar 5th, Mizz 6th, lowly Vandy 7th imo.

Reactions: Jaws

VN Store

Back