2020 Football Team

brasskicker251

QBs
2 Jarrett Guarantano, 5 Harrison Bailey, 1 Kasim Hill, 18 Brian Maurer
RBs
3 Eric Gray, 8 Ty Chandler, 9 Tim Jordan, Tee Hodge, Jabari Small, 27 Quavaris Crouch
WRs
5/84 Josh Palmer, 6 Deangelo Gibbs, Velus Jones Jr., 80 Ramel Keyton, 7 Brandon Johnson, Jalin Hyatt, Jimmy Holiday
TEs
81 Austin Pope, 88 Princeton Fant, 82 Jackson Lowe, 87 Jacob Warren
OL
64 Wanya Morris, 58 Jahmir Johnson
73 Trey Smith, 74 K'Rohjn Calbert, Chris Akporoghene
55 Brandon Kennedy, 75 Jerome Carvin
77 Cade Mays, 56 Riley Locklear, 50 Jackson Lampley
72 Darnell Wright

DL
93 Emmitt Gooden, 97 Darel Middleton, 48 Jay Blakely
90 Greg Emerson, 94 Matthew Butler, 51 Elijah Simmons
98 Aubrey Solomon, 88 Latrell Bumphus, 79 Kurott Garland
OLBs
13 Deandre Johnson, 30 Roman Harrison, Morven Joseph
95 Kivon Bennett, Dee Beckwith*, 8 Jordan Allen
LBs
11 Henry To'o To'o, 6 JJ Peterson, Len'Neth Whitehead
27 Quavaris Crouch, Bryson Eason, Morven Joseph, Martavius French
CBs
20 Bryce Thompson, 41 Kenneth George Jr., 4 Warren Burrell
2 Alontae Taylor, 28 Baylen Buchannan**, 17 Tyus Fields
S
22 Jaylen McCollough, 25 Trevon Flowers, Key Lawrence
26 Theo Jackson, 24 Aaron Beasley, 44 Cheyenne Labruzza

K
30 Brent Cimaglia
P
37 Paxton Brooks
LS
59 Jake Yelich

* Dee Beckwith is not signed or committed to the Vols but due to our lack of depth at this position and his size and speed, he would be a strong candidate to play here if he decides to come.
** Baylen Buchannan is still dealing with a shoulder issue and may or may not come back for the following season.

Jeremy Banks could also be in play for depth at linebacker or running back.

With this roster, our only concerns would be:
- Consistent and competent quarterback play (by anyone)
- Lack of a bigger back
- Lack of talent at Tight End
- Lack of depth at Outside Linebacker
- Lack of proven depth at Inside Linebacker
- Game-changing Pass Rusher/Edge Rusher
- Lack of proven depth at Safety

As long as the quarterback play is competent and the defensive depth continues to improve, this could be a very dangerous team that could potentially knock off Oklahoma, Georgia or Florida and should get 10 wins.

Several things:
1. Carlin Fils-Aime is coming back to RB after a Redshirt year.
2. You forgot almost all of the freshmen. Tyler Baron, Omari Thomas, Keyshawn Lawrence, Cooper Mays, Tamarion McDonald, Lenneth Whitehead could all provide some of the things you mentioned. And Tee Hodge will be the big back we've needed.

Definitely a ton of potential, and more so if any of the newcomers come in ready to contribute early.

He is coming back

I know my nephew coming back. Im just saying he is not going to be a 5th option how most people thinks. He coming in next year to start. Him and Palmer has the most experience and he actually was a leader of the wr group. It would be foolish to have him come off the bench.

Several things:
1. Carlin Fils-Aime is coming back to RB after a Redshirt year.
2. You forgot almost all of the freshmen. Tyler Baron, Omari Thomas, Keyshawn Lawrence, Cooper Mays, Tamarion McDonald, Lenneth Whitehead could all provide some of the things you mentioned. And Tee Hodge will be the big back we've needed.

Definitely a ton of potential, and more so if any of the newcomers come in ready to contribute early.
T is not the answer at RB not A SEC back seen him play in the state finals.

Reactions: Lane Train 4
QBs
RBs
3 Eric Gray, 8 Ty Chandler, 9 Tim Jordan, Tee Hodge, Jabari Small, 27 Quavaris Crouch
WRs
5/84 Josh Palmer, 6 Deangelo Gibbs, Velus Jones Jr., 80 Ramel Keyton, 7 Brandon Johnson, Jalin Hyatt, Jimmy Holiday
TEs
OL
72 Darnell Wright

DL
OLBs
LBs
CBs
S

K
30 Brent Cimaglia
P
37 Paxton Brooks
LS
59 Jake Yelich

* Dee Beckwith is not signed or committed to the Vols but due to our lack of depth at this position and his size and speed, he would be a strong candidate to play here if he decides to come.
** Baylen Buchannan is still dealing with a shoulder issue and may or may not come back for the following season.

- Lack of a bigger back

As long as the quarterback play is competent and the defensive depth continues to improve, this could be a very dangerous team that could potentially knock off Oklahoma, Georgia or Florida and should get 10 wins.

I was debating posting a similar thread. First off, I am a firm believer that we should have won 10 games last year. That was before the first kick of the season. Kentucky and Mississippi State were gutted. Candy was making no progress. I didn't expect wins at UF or against UGA. My only toss ups were Mizzou bc they got the QB transfer and USC because of the Chimp curse.

That being said, Pruitt is now going to/needing to face the expectations of his own creating. The recruiting has been above average. The transfer portal has been phenomenal. Losses to the draft are fairly minimal as compared to our counterparts and at positions that aren't as difficult to replenish. This will be our best offensive line in over a decade. Our defense will have more depth and talent than I can remember in quite some time. There are also leaders on the defense we have not seen since Berry.

Then you have to factor in the intangibles. UF will be down. They lose their only two competent DLineman. It would be repetitive to go through nightmare that Georgia is becoming. I think Oklahoma will have a lot of soul searching to do. And while Alabama always loses a lot, this year is different ... It's deeper for them, and they just didn't look like Alabama of old last year. IMHO CJP needs to win the East next year, or I don't think he's the guy. Florida and Georgia won't be down for long. The SEC has notified the nation that it won't tolerate mediocrity (Miss State, Mizzou, Mississippi, Arkansas etc.) The home conference schedule is favorable. Our opponents' West schedules will hurt them. Georgia plays Alabama and Auburn. UF plays LSU and Ole Miss. We get a break with Arkansas. Next year is the year. It may seem crazy, but if you granted me ONE victory wish for a team on our schedule next year, I'd pick Oklahoma. Win that game on the road, establish momentum and confidence, get experience in a hostile environment, and you should be able to come back home and deal with a defensively depleted UF. At that point, confidence takes over and you start to roll. CJP gets a lot of kudos for winning games in the back half of the schedule that he should have won anyway. It's time to win the games we should with no issues and win the toss ups. AL/UF/UGA will not be collectively this vulnerable again at the same time for a long time.

QBs
RBs
WRs
TEs
OL
72 Darnell Wright

DL
OLBs
LBs
CBs
S

K
30 Brent Cimaglia
P
37 Paxton Brooks
LS
59 Jake Yelich

- Lack of a bigger back

So Dee Beckwith would be a WR/TE role.
Princeton Fant is coming along there now.
Pope is our flex blockerTE. And we redshirted two good guys.

Whitehead is a RB right now. 6'2 230.
Hodge 6'0 225

Fields is safety.
Holiday right now is QB

This is my best guess at the offense:

Qb- Bailey, JG, Maurer, Hill, JT, Calloway
RB- Gray, TY, Jordan, Whitehead, CFA, Hodges
Wr1- Johnson,Gibbs,Tillman
Wr2- Keyton, Hyatt
Wr3- Palmer, Jones, Holiday
TE- Pope, Lowe, Fant, Warren
LT- Wanya, Jamir
LG-Trey, Riley, Chris
C- Kennedy, Carvin, Cooper
RG- Cade, Carvin, Lampley
RT- Darnell, Calbert

Reactions: HuntlandVolinColo
Qb- JG,HB,Hill, Calloway
Wr2- Keyton, Hyatt
LT- Wanya, Jamir
LG-Trey, Riley, Chris
RT- Darnell, Calbert

I think both Brian Maurer and JT Shrout transfer after Spring Practice

Last edited:
With this late surge people tend to forget we are still a year away from demanding Pruitt to start living up to his expectations. Heaven forbid y'all forget his first 3 months when he got hired. He was still working with Bama and not able to recruit couple that with the fact that he was building his coaching staff and tryn to get as many good players as possible too. He has had 2 full years to recruit and when next season is over he will have 3. Point is his recruiting seasons is a season behind his coaching seasons. Give him 3 full recruiting seasons before we pick up the pitchforks and demand results.

I know my nephew coming back. Im just saying he is not going to be a 5th option how most people thinks. He coming in next year to start. Him and Palmer has the most experience and he actually was a leader of the wr group. It would be foolish to have him come off the bench.

I think your nephew has a ton of talent, and I believe he will be a major contributor next season.

I was debating posting a similar thread. First off, I am a firm believer that we should have won 10 games last year. That was before the first kick of the season. Kentucky and Mississippi State were gutted. Candy was making no progress. I didn't expect wins at UF or against UGA. My only toss ups were Mizzou bc they got the QB transfer and USC because of the Chimp curse.

That being said, Pruitt is now going to/needing to face the expectations of his own creating. The recruiting has been above average. The transfer portal has been phenomenal. Losses to the draft are fairly minimal as compared to our counterparts and at positions that aren't as difficult to replenish. This will be our best offensive line in over a decade. Our defense will have more depth and talent than I can remember in quite some time. There are also leaders on the defense we have not seen since Berry.

Then you have to factor in the intangibles. UF will be down. They lose their only two competent DLineman. It would be repetitive to go through nightmare that Georgia is becoming. I think Oklahoma will have a lot of soul searching to do. And while Alabama always loses a lot, this year is different ... It's deeper for them, and they just didn't look like Alabama of old last year. IMHO CJP needs to win the East next year, or I don't think he's the guy. Florida and Georgia won't be down for long. The SEC has notified the nation that it won't tolerate mediocrity (Miss State, Mizzou, Mississippi, Arkansas etc.) The home conference schedule is favorable. Our opponents' West schedules will hurt them. Georgia plays Alabama and Auburn. UF plays LSU and Ole Miss. We get a break with Arkansas. Next year is the year. It may seem crazy, but if you granted me ONE victory wish for a team on our schedule next year, I'd pick Oklahoma. Win that game on the road, establish momentum and confidence, get experience in a hostile environment, and you should be able to come back home and deal with a defensively depleted UF. At that point, confidence takes over and you start to roll. CJP gets a lot of kudos for winning games in the back half of the schedule that he should have won anyway. It's time to win the games we should with no issues and win the toss ups. AL/UF/UGA will not be collectively this vulnerable again at the same time for a long time.
I just hope we have good QB play to go along with all of the improvements. It's also gratifying to know that our QB doesn't have to make plays while laying on his back because we have found an OL that can protect the QB, and next year the OL should be phenomenal. Good defense getting better I expect so, yes, we should have more Ws and hopefully can really compete with UF & UGA and beat them along with beating OK. I'd love to see that. I mostly worry about QB play but think with Chamey's play-calling we will be ok. Go VOLS!

...UF will be down. They lose their only two competent d-linemen....Florida and Georgia won't be down for long....should be able to come back home and deal with a defensively depleted UF..

It’s news to me and most of Gator Nation that UF will be “defensively depleted.” In fact, I’m expecting the defense to be phenomenal. I’m fine with, and actually agree with, your feeling good about Pruitt and wanting him to win the East, but it’ll need to be because he and his team are better, not because Florida suddenly is devoid of talent.

Regarding the D-line, yes, UF loses Zuniga and Greenard, but I assure you those aren’t the only two “competent” D-linemen. Hell, Zuniga only played in like 4 games this year due to injury. Greenard missed a couple games as well and was hobbled in a few others. Florida’s best two interior d-linemen return in Kyrie Campbell and TJ Slaton. Florida also returns DT/DE Zach Carter who had a very solid year. Florida also returns DE/OLB’s Mahmoud Diabate and Kris Bogle, both are poised to be the next big time pass rushers and showed serious flashes this season filling in for Greenard and Zuniga. Florida has numerous experienced LB’s returning in Ventrell Miller, James Houston, Amari Burney plus they add Tyron Hopper off a redshirt year and add arguably the best LB in the 2020 recruiting class in Derek Wingo.

In the secondary, they lose CB CJ Henderson but Kaiir Elam takes his spot and was actually playing better than CJ over the last few games. CB Marco Wilson returning was huge. Corner is set for UF with Marco and Elam, plus you’ve got Trey Dean, Chester Kimbrough and Jaydon Hill, all excellent CB’s. At safety, again it was huge that Shawn Davis returns. He’s got a ton of experience as does Donovan Stiner and Brad Stewart. They all return. Plus, Florida has an absolute haul of incoming stud DB prospects in this recruiting class and they have a long history of DB’s excelling as true freshmen. Good DB’s grow on trees in Florida.

So I’m not seeing a big fall-off at all for UF’s defense. Florida has been very fortunate with NFL draft prospects returning. They’ve lost like 1 of 8 possibilities; CJ Henderson.

It’s news to me and most of Gator Nation that UF will be “defensively depleted.” In fact, I’m expecting the defense to be phenomenal. I’m fine with, and actually agree with, your feeling good about Pruitt and wanting him to win the East, but it’ll need to be because he and his team are better, not because Florida suddenly is devoid of talent.

Regarding the D-line, yes, UF loses Zuniga and Greenard, but I assure you those aren’t the only two “competent” D-linemen. Hell, Zuniga only played in like 4 games this year due to injury. Greenard missed a couple games as well and was hobbled in a few others. Florida’s best two interior d-linemen return in Kyrie Campbell and TJ Slaton. Florida also returns DT/DE Zach Carter who had a very solid year. Florida also returns DE/OLB’s Mahmoud Diabate and Kris Bogle, both are poised to be the next big time pass rushers and showed serious flashes this season filling in for Greenard and Zuniga. Florida has numerous experienced LB’s returning in Ventrell Miller, James Houston, Amari Burney plus they add Tyron Hopper off a redshirt year and add arguably the best LB in the 2020 recruiting class in Derek Wingo.

In the secondary, they lose CB CJ Henderson but Kaiir Elam takes his spot and was actually playing better than CJ over the last few games. CB Marco Wilson returning was huge. Corner is set for UF with Marco and Elam, plus you’ve got Trey Dean, Chester Kimbrough and Jaydon Hill, all excellent CB’s. At safety, again it was huge that Shawn Davis returns. He’s got a ton of experience as does Donovan Stiner and Brad Stewart. They all return. Plus, Florida has an absolute haul of incoming stud DB prospects in this recruiting class and they have a long history of DB’s excelling as true freshmen. Good DB’s grow on trees in Florida.

So I’m not seeing a big fall-off at all for UF’s defense. Florida has been very fortunate with NFL draft prospects returning. They’ve lost like 1 of 8 possibilities; CJ Henderson.

I watched three games that UF played last year, and the only players on defense I heard get talked about were Zuniga, Granard, and Henderson. Of course there will be bodies to take over for those players, but are they as talented? You know your team better than I, of course. I was looking at your recruiting class this year and noticed an absolute haul of DTs and DBs. I just think you are going to find yourself a year away from developing those players.

My main point is this. I don't think you can claim that Florida's defense will be better next year. Maybe the drop off won't be as substantial as I predict, but we will see.

I watched three games that UF played last year, and the only players on defense I heard get talked about were Zuniga, Granard, and Henderson. Of course there will be bodies to take over for those players, but are they as talented? You know your team better than I, of course. I was looking at your recruiting class this year and noticed an absolute haul of DTs and DBs. I just think you are going to find yourself a year away from developing those players.

My main point is this. I don't think you can claim that Florida's defense will be better next year. Maybe the drop off won't be as substantial as I predict, but we will see.

I understand your sentiment, but I think you’re going to be disappointed if you’re expecting a big drop off in UF’s defense. If anything, I expect them to be faster and deeper than in 2019. Only replacing three key guys is less than many others in the SEC. Heck, doesn’t Tennessee have to replace Taylor, Butili and Warrior (and maybe some others I’m forgetting?).

You watched 3 games, that’s a very small sample size. Especially for Zuniga, who as I said, was injured week 3 versus Kentucky and only played 2 or 3 full games beyond that. It could have been way worse for Florida, there was a strong possibility of losing Campbell, Slaton, Wilson and Davis to the NFL on defense, but they all returned.

Reactions: Proud Army Wife
He was smart and mature enough to take the redshirt year. I give him props for that and hope he shines

On paper, Florida will be the team to beat on the East, Georgia (imo) will struggle significantly on offense, and Tennessee will be the dark horse to win the division.

Qb- JG,HB,Hill, Calloway
Wr2- Keyton, Hyatt
LT- Wanya, Jamir
LG-Trey, Riley, Chris
RT- Darnell, Calbert

I think both Brian Maurer and JT Shrout transfer after Spring Practice
I believe that's highly possible. I dnt think we carry 6 scholarship Qbs into the season.

On paper, Florida will be the team to beat on the East, Georgia (imo) will struggle significantly on offense, and Tennessee will be the dark horse to win the division.

I agree with this. I see Georgia falling back. They’ll lose in week 3 to Bama and quite possibly in week 6 to Auburn. They could have three conference losses by the time they play Tennessee. Plus, they’re a mess on offense. Shaky coordinator with a new unknown QB, 4 new o-linemen and only one proven WR who is on shaky ground with grades.

It’s Florida v Tennessee in Knoxville for the Division next year.

VN Store

Back