*****2020 Early Signing Day Thread Tracker (19)

Negavols absolutely tarnish the prospect of coming to UT! The sad thing is, few if any of them know enough about football to be voicing their opinions so strongly about what needs to be done. Pruitt, being a first time HC, was destined to make mistakes along the way. But his knowledge of defense and recruiting prowess has and will pay off. The next two seasons will be make or break for him. I hope he gets the opportunity!

GO VOLS!!!

Negavols are a very small variable, most FB players know that ALL schools have NegaFans. UT has their fair share, but the fans that have realistic expectations, understand the steps that CJP must take to create a competitive team and don't suggest throwing away millions of dollars just because their butt hurt over the current season. Not saying disappointment is not expected, but let's not act like of bunch of spoiled children.

W
Negavols absolutely tarnish the prospect of coming to UT! The sad thing is, few if any of them know enough about football to be voicing their opinions so strongly about what needs to be done. Pruitt, being a first time HC, was destined to make mistakes along the way. But his knowledge of defense and recruiting prowess has and will pay off. The next two seasons will be make or break for him. I hope he gets the opportunity!

GO VOLS!!!
What recruiting prowess are you talking about? He had yet to sign a class that ranked higher than any of Butch Jones classes. I believe Butch had a top 5 class he just didn’t know how to coach them.

Negavols are a very small variable, most FB players know that ALL schools have NegaFans. UT has their fair share, but the fans that have realistic expectations, understand the steps that CJP must take to create a competitive team and don't suggest throwing away millions of dollars just because their butt hurt over the current season. Not saying disappointment is not expected, but let's not act like of bunch of spoiled children.
Amen

W

What recruiting prowess are you talking about? He had yet to sign a class that ranked higher than any of Butch Jones classes. I believe Butch had a top 5 class he just didn’t know how to coach them.
Butch's top 5 class also had 33 or 34 players in it to be fair. I believe it's 25 max now

GO VOLS!!!
Losing to teams like Arkansas and KY does more damage than disappointed fans. All that knowledge of defense, how come he can't find us some good corners, you know the position where he made his bones?

GO VOLS!!!
You are probably right, fans shouldn’t expect a competent HC who knows how to develop and use talent. We should be satisfied and accept battling USCjr and Vandy for our position in the East. You are right, I can see the UT Admin and Boosters giving JP 2 more years. So, if UT Admin doesn’t care about football, why should we. Plenty of other activities to do on Saturday’s.

You are probably right, fans shouldn’t expect a competent HC who knows how to develop and use talent. We should be satisfied and accept battling USCjr and Vandy for our position in the East. Your right, I can see the UT Admin and Boosters giving JP 2 more years. So, if UT Admin doesn’t care about football, why should we. Plenty of other activities to do on Saturday’s.

There you go! you finally understand that unless you actually play the game or coach at the Div I level you should support your team regardless. Glad to see people finally come around to how to be a fan........you rock!

W

According to Rivals, not that I trust them more, but can see their history, in 18 he salvaged a 20, in 19 he finished 13, and last year moved up to 8. Sitting at 13 again right now, but they have not recalculated the two guys we lost overnight. Everyone realizes that Bama, GA, and FL and LSU are where they are, but it does not diminish our national standing, especially with the hills we have had to climb. Show me the schools with in state (or natural recruiting area as I prefer to call it) that has as few 4 and 5 stars as TN that has done better. Oregon this year is the only exception I see in a hasty study... So I think that is prowess worthy.

Losing to teams like Arkansas and KY does more damage than disappointed fans. All that knowledge of defense, how come he can't find us some good corners, you know the position where he made his bones?

Just playing devil's advocate... it's pretty easy to explain away the losses due to the Covid year. Most of these guys have experienced something similar on their high school teams... some didn't even get a season. Fans calling for the coach's head does damage that can't be undone.

Just playing devil's advocate... it's pretty easy to explain away the losses due to the Covid year. Most of these guys have experienced something similar on their high school teams... some didn't even get a season. Fans calling for the coach's head does damage that can't be undone.
How does the COVID narrative explain Arkansas's success under a first time first year head coach?

They were better coached than we were,

Better game plans, at the very least. I like their OC/DC a lot. Pittman is looking really smart by hiring quality guys and letting them do their thing. Pruitt should take a note... that, or call the defense himself. Do it all or nothing.

I just meant I don't follow that team day in and day out like I do TN, so I don't know what they've had to deal with all off-season, exactly.

Reactions: coach799
Better game plans, at the very least. I like their OC/DC a lot. Pittman is looking really smart by hiring quality guys and letting them do their thing. Pruitt should take a note... that, or call the defense himself. Do it all or nothing.

I just meant I don't follow that team day in and day out like I do TN, so I don't know what they've had to deal with all off-season, exactly.
No excuse justifies how poorly we've played this year, how poorly we've been coached. Fans aren't screaming for Pruitt's head without reason. He's not getting the job done, and I don't buy the COVID excuse. We've seen it on the field, week in and week out. If we can see it, so can recruits.

Not sure about impact of the Chattanooga kid, but the NegaVols have put one of our top commits in jeopardy for sure and possibly others. Self inflicted wounds by folks in Orange is tough to deal with.... hopefully we can hold on to some of these guys to sign later, or if necessary backfill loses with transfers.

No excuse justifies how poorly we've played this year, how poorly we've been coached. Fans aren't screaming for Pruitt's head without reason. He's not getting the job done, and I don't buy the COVID excuse. We've seen it on the field, week in and week out. If we can see it, so can recruits.

Okay, I disagree. Carry on...

W

Uh this is false and Vol fans need to stop the nonsense. Butch signed those big classes because of sheer numbers. The 25 player cap wasn’t instituted yet.

In 2015 we had the #4 class with an average of 89.48. Also that’s with 30 commits. Now taking the average per player score we ranked around 12th.

In 2014 with 32 commits we ranked 7th with an average of 89.50. Which again puts us outside the top 10.

Pruitt already has better classes in 2019 and 2020.

He will regret that!
200.gif

VN Store

Back