2020 All Things Democrat Hypocrisy Thread

He earned that visceral hate with the ruining of people's lives thru the Abominable Care Act
giphy.gif

Reactions: Purple Tiger
The biggest complaint against Obama centered around the Affordable Care Act (justifiably so)... but what were the other common complaints made against him on here?

1) He was divisive and he stirred racial tensions.
2) He was soft on our foreign adversaries.
3) He signed too many executive orders and there was some overreach.
4) He played golf too much and took too many vacations.
5) He wasn't fiscally responsible and the debt exploded on his watch.

Can't all 5 of these things be applied to Trump? The hate for Obama on this forum was every bit as visceral as what you see from the minority of liberals for Trump now, and for many of the same reasons... Weezer is full of s***.
The problem is, you and the other liberals don't want to have a conversation. You just want to say orange man bad, and you want us to agree with you. You don't want a discussion. That is why I said you abandon reason. You're all in on Trump is the worst ever and refuse to hear any opinion otherwise, even when backed with fact. The Trump hate is so rabid I can picture some of you actually frothing from the mouth over it. That's how over the top it is.

The problem is, you and the other liberals don't want to have a conversation. You just want to say orange man bad, and you want us to agree with you. You don't want a discussion. That is why I said you abandon reason. You're all in on Trump is the worst ever and refuse to hear any opinion otherwise, even when backed with fact. The Trump hate is so rabid I can picture some of you actually frothing from the mouth over it. That's how over the top it is.
It is kind of ridiculous but I understand their emotions, "I feel your pain."

I wasn't just talking about you, obviously. But yes, the hate for Obama was non-stop and palpable on this forum. And for every post which offered a cogent defense, there were 20 personal attacks. I remember seeing his wife, Michelle, compared to a gorilla (many times, actually) and often times called a "man" with jokes frequently made about her physical appearance. Very racist and bitter attacks. It happened and I remember it. Call me a hack if you wish, but mindless? No, I have a very good memory.
You're right on some of this at least. And I remember defending and even praising Michelle Obama at least a few times. Honestly, I don't think I posted as much in the PF back then because that was when I was ill and awaiting my transplant, but I absolutely remember praising her when she talked about taking the high road. I think that was right after Holder advocated for sinking low.

The question is, if you oppose that type of behavior, why do you participate in that type of behavior? If it was wrong then, why isn't it wrong now? And before you resort to a turn about is fair play argument, ask yourself, do you want to be what you claim to oppose simply because other people pissed you off? I'm gonna leave you with a little Gandhi, "Be the change you wish to see in the world."

Reactions: marcusluvsvols
You're right on some of this at least. And I remember defending and even praising Michelle Obama at least a few times. Honestly, I don't think I posted as much in the PF back then because that was when I was ill and awaiting my transplant, but I absolutely remember praising her when she talked about taking the high road. I think that was right after Holder advocated for sinking low.

The question is, if you oppose that type of behavior, why do you participate in that type of behavior? If it was wrong then, why isn't it wrong now? And before you resort to a turn about is fair play argument, ask yourself, do you want to be what you claim to oppose simply because other people pissed you off? I'm gonna leave you with a little Gandhi, "Be the change you wish to see in the world."
"When you stare into the abyss, the abyss stares into you."

I don't mind that you don't like Trump, and you are more than welcome to your beliefs. You are just taking it to the extreme for a sane person. Please tell me exactly where you have noticed the great "harm to the country in which you live." I haven't really seen it.

Do you still have a job? Have you been jailed for your opinions? Have you been kicked out of your residence? Do you have more trouble affording your meals? Has your car been repo'ed? Electric bill gone way up? Trash not getting picked up? Water quality gone to Hell? Can't breathe the air? Sun not coming up in the East and setting in the West? Commode stopped up ? I'm sorry, but I haven't noticed any major changes.

He probably doesn't live in California.

He should be on the poster of play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

Let's attack a cop in his vehicle while trying to get his gun and then decide to charge at him all while ignoring verbal warnings. Pretty sure fire way to get dead.

Poor Michael Brown, the gentle giant, taken from us far too early. He could have been the one to cure cancer some day. Such a bright future, and his life snuffed out by a racist, rogue cop. Seems the good die young.

I would've moved heaven & earth just to meet Kathryn Steinle. She could've been the First Woman President of North America and could've brought World Peace to all Nations during her time while she was in the Oval Office.

There was certainly no outright obsession with Obama. Some sniping, sure. Hatred? Oh yeah. But no every day, every statement, every cabinet pick, every word dissected, nitpicked, etc. I honestly believe that some of these anti-Trumpers have lost their mind. I have to wonder if it's just the manner in which they were raised , catered to, and always getting their way, and now they can't. So, they just pitch a crying fit instead. I really thought it would end long before now.

I think some of you have short term memory. ODS was alive and well during his time. This forum goes back 300+ pages.. if you want to go back and relive the good old days lol.

Wuhbout me? First GV left me off his list, now bowlbrother. I'm starting to think I am forgettable.

You’re on there, Mercy. I’ve got a list of people BowlBrother forgot about while he was in a hurry to play the victimized minority.

But he ran off before I could get them all out there.

If there are only two lists and one has luther and one has volfanjussie, after long and arduous deliberation, I must reluctantly throw in my lot with the best damn crossing guard the state of GA has ever known.

Luther 2020

VN Store

Back