2019 TN DT Elijah Simmons Commits to UT

Clemson's last 7 classes were rated 15, 16, 9, 11, 16, 7 and 10. They've averaged outside the top 10 and won two NC's with those players. What they do well is evaluate players (note I didn't say "talent") better than the recruiting services. We don't know if Pruitt is doing that well or not. Hopeful that he is and we'll be competing with Bama in a couple more years.

Sorry but Clemson plays in an absolute joke of a conference in the ACC. They don't play a meat-grinder schedule the way teams in the SEC do. Sure, they can put it all together for a championship game, but if they had to play the likes of Alabama, Georgia, LSU, Auburn, Florida, Texas A&M, etc week in and week out, you bet your ass they wouldn't be running the table the way they do in the ACC.

Sorry but Clemson plays in an absolute joke of a conference in the ACC. They don't play a meat-grinder schedule the way teams in the SEC do. Sure, they can put it all together for a championship game, but if they had to play the likes of Alabama, Georgia, LSU, Auburn, Florida, Texas A&M, etc week in and week out, you bet your ass they wouldn't be running the table the way they do in the ACC.

They beat the crap out of Alabama in the NC game. I mean embarrassed them, and made them look like, by your standards, an ACC team. What more do you want Clemson to prove? Alabama ran the table in the SEC and looked totally unstoppable... before running into Clemson.

The SEC is a tough conference. Nobody denies that. I just fail to see the logic in speculating about whether Clemson would run the table in the SEC after they obliterated the team that actually did.

They beat the crap out of Alabama in the NC game. I mean embarrassed them, and made them look like, by your standards, an ACC team. What more do you want Clemson to prove? Alabama ran the table in the SEC and looked totally unstoppable... before running into Clemson.

The SEC is a tough conference. Nobody denies that. I just fail to see the logic in speculating about whether Clemson would run the table in the SEC after they obliterated the team that actually did.

Like I said, it's one thing to put it all together for one game. It's quite another to have to play a meat grinder of a schedule in the SEC the way we do. Utah beat the crap out of Alabama too a few years back in the Sugar Bowl. You think they would've lasted playing an SEC schedule? No way. All I'm saying is Clemson has an easier road to the playoffs than we do, which is why they can get away with those recruiting classes. To have a REAL chance to compete for the SEC title, we need at the very least to average a top 10 class year in and year out and crack the top 5 every so often.

Like I said, it's one thing to put it all together for one game. It's quite another to have to play a meat grinder of a schedule in the SEC the way we do. Utah beat the crap out of Alabama too a few years back in the Sugar Bowl. You think they would've lasted playing an SEC schedule? No way. All I'm saying is Clemson has an easier road to the playoffs than we do, which is why they can get away with those recruiting classes. To have a REAL chance to compete for the SEC title, we need at the very least to average a top 10 class year in and year out and crack the top 5 every so often.
Agreed.

Which diet you guys thinking Pruitt puts him on? Keto? Paleo? Whole30? Butch’s PB n J?

Hopefully, a heart-friendly diet combined with a good strength and conditioning regime. That way if he maintains it in the future he'd be less likely to die of heart failure. Or become a diabetic and barely mobile pile of blubber like William Perry. Ignoring his weight or crashing diving diets just to meet a football agenda devoid of a truly healthy lifestyle agenda says our program doesn't care about the person beyond football. But if we do it right and he elects to depart from it, it says he doesn't care about himself.

Agreed. Definitely need two out of your four classes to be top 5 to 7 and the other two inside the top 12 to 15. As Fulmer once said, "It's the Jimmy's and the Joe's, not the X's and O's."

Reactions: 87&91ALUM
Hopefully, a heart-friendly diet combined with a good strength and conditioning regime. That way if he maintains it in the future he'd be less likely to die of heart failure. Or become a diabetic and barely mobile pile of blubber like William Perry. Ignoring his weight or crashing diving diets just to meet a football agenda devoid of a truly healthy lifestyle agenda says our program doesn't care about the person beyond football. But if we do it right and he elects to depart from it, it says he doesn't care about himself.

I watched this twice. Incredible. I can only imagine the myriad of health problems he has. Life-threatening stuff, too. And almost all of it reversible with a proper diet.

Actually bama didn't look so unstoppable against GA or Oklahoma, before getting curb stomped by Clemson. I dont think baba's was as good as everyone thought once the holes on their D were exposed and Tua showed he couldnt handle a ton of pressure.

Ah, mostly everyone looks good in highlight films. An offer list speaks volumes. Maybe he just hasn't been discovered, but we see responses like yours every year. And you know what? It's old, I just want to win and it's hard to do without bluechip recruits.

Clemson does it.........

The big guy didn't exactly dunk the ball, but he can definitely get that 350lbs off of the ground high enough to deflect passes and block field goals:

The school probably wouldn't let him "Dunk"... Could you imagine what 350lbs grabbing the rim would do to that goal and backboard?

The effect of playing an SEC schedule, especially a tougher SEC schedule like we did a couple years ago, is tremendous. More injuries, wear, and tear on the athletes. You can’t hide your truck plays because you have to use them to win. Clemson is a great team, but they place an ACC that consists of cupcakes lately. Résumé S&P+, a better CFB strength of schedule ranking

I did not read this entire Thread....Is something negative going on with Simmons, or are some people just amazed an athlete can touch the rim?

If he's still a Vol, then all is good.

Look at it this way. Its kind of like the Patriots. They play in arguably the weakes division in the NFL. They arent really teseted that much during the regular season. Sure there might be a time where Miami gives them a decent game, but thats it. Thats Clemson in the ACC. In reality they dont even get tested until the ACC title game. So for 98% of theur season, they can cruise. While some might argue Syracuse abd NCST are decent, who else? Do you see Clemson just tearing through teams like LSU, MSU, TAMU and UGA on a consistent basis? No you dont.

Look at Clemson and Alabamas game vs TAMU last year. Clemson barely squeaked by 28-26. Alabama smoked them by 22. The thing here is schedule matters. If you dont really get tested until the end of the year, it makes a huge difference. Think about if Alabama were in the ACC. They likely wouldnt have lost a conference game the past 10 years. Beating Alabama was impressive but it was a once off game. Also look at who Bama had to play before compared to Clemson. Bama had to play #4 UGA and then #4 OU. Clemson had to play unranked Pitt and #3 ND. Pretty big difference.

VN Store

Back