2019 Recruiting Class Rankings

Is Horston staying if we dump Holly and her Assistants or Key or Saunders? That is the question that has to be answered. I think all three are not that enamoured with Holly but one of the Assistants. So we'll see if they let Holly go how this plays out. Personally I think Holly is the main problem holding this team back. She installs no discipline in the team and has no answer to compete at the SEC level. We win the games we win on talent alone no coaching influences any victory.
The rules for the new recruits, per folks on this site, is the signed commit is still binding regard less if holly is replaced. The school can release them so that they can go to another school, but if UT does not release them and they choose to not to play, they not only sit out, but lose one year of eligibility? Is the last part true?

I think most of the players stay if Holly goes, but if she stays we may lose some players to transfer.

She averages 10.9 ppg while shooting 39% from the floor and 35% from deep. Granted, that's an improvement from the 1 ppg, 25% shooting, and 6% 3FG her freshman year, but those freshman numbers were godawful. If she's the poster child for LV player development, then it's not a good look.

She's not the poster child for development. But she's also not there poster child for lack of development. There are several of them though

Reactions: stlvolsfan
That Jackson comment was childish. Especially after the game and effort she just made
Meme is arguably the one of the most improved players from freshman-to-Senior year

No it wasn't. It was based on seeing all the players who have been coached into mediocrity by Holly and Co over the years. Players like Meme aren't bad players, they just haven't been developed and they should have by the time they get to be seniors! Holly coaches the confidence out of these women and you see that in their play every single year. So yeah, they come in super confident and hyped, then after being coached by Holly, skulk around the court acting like they don't know what to do.

No it wasn't. It was based on seeing all the players who have been coached into mediocrity by Holly and Co over the years. Players like Meme aren't bad players, they just haven't been developed and they should have by the time they get to be seniors! Holly coaches the confidence out of these women and you see that in their play every single year. So yeah, they come in super confident and hyped, then after being coached by Holly, skulk around the court acting like they don't know what to do.
I won't fight you there

I hope she is better than what those video's show.

I think the coaching staff knows she needs to put in a lot of work and it will take her some time to improve. Like i said before i have seen Key play but never Emily. There is no question Key has improved every year, Despite missing 6-7 games this year Tamari Key put up some impressive number on both ends of the court.

I think the coaching staff knows she needs to put in a lot of work and it will take her some time to improve. Like i said before i have seen Key play but never Emily. There is no question Key has improved every year, Despite missing 6-7 games this year Tamari Key put up some impressive number on both ends of the court.
What type of post player is Key since you’ve seen her play?

Is she more of an agile/face up post player, or a post player where we have to have good guards make a pass to and she pivots to score?

Basically is she Izzy or Mercedes? Lol

What type of post player is Key since you’ve seen her play?

Is she more of an agile/face up post player, or a post player where we have to have good guards make a pass to and she pivots to score?

Basically is she Izzy or Mercedes? Lol

She is a taller Izzy and cleans the class on both ends of the floor and has a offensive game to. Now with that said she knows she needs to work on over the summer, here Tamari Key: We just needed to come together

Reactions: LadyVol1908
Better than KK?

Well to be fair to Kasiyahna Kushkituah she has yet to play a full season so i can`t say. Kasiyahna Kushkituah just needs to make sure her knee is ok and get fit. Now Kasiyahna Kushkituah will have the advantage because she has been at Tenn for two years now so i think she will go into the off season as the starter ? new Coach ? As Tamari said in the video she has been working out got stronger and working on her game and her stats show. She also works out with her good friend Azurá Stevens 6-6 former Duke, UConn player. I will say this there will be no easy layups by any player in practice while Key is in the post.

I wish we would not even think about the ranking of the class! The questions are, will they play with pride, will they come in in shape, will they work hard, do they fit Lady Vol needs, will they play as PART of a TEAM, are they leaders, have they overcome some adversity( do they have grit)? Not especially in this order.

Those are things the LVs need to know. Whether they are the "best" class really does not matter, as we all KNOW!

Reactions: Smallvol#1
I wish we would not even think about the ranking of the class! The questions are, will they play with pride, will they come in in shape, will they work hard, do they fit Lady Vol needs, will they play as PART of a TEAM, are they leaders, have they overcome some adversity( do they have grit)? Not especially in this order.

Those are things the LVs need to know. Whether they are the "best" class really does not matter, as we all KNOW!

The problem is will they be giving an opportunity to compete for a starting spot. To me that`s what knocked the Lady Vols out of the ncaa tournament this year. I disagreed with the starting line up all year long and to me it cost us. On paper this class looks good.

I’m excited to see Jordan come in. I feel she will crack the starting line up.
With all due respect to my favorite player on the team, Miss Westbrook, I think she will be better. No disrespect to Evina. I mean they bring different things to the court. I hope KK gets into shape for next year. We will need her inside with London leaving.
I’m already looking forward to next year since you know what’s going to happen....

VN Store

Back