2019 Recruiting Class Rankings

I love to follow recruiting. Especially comparing the different sites. Then go to games when possible to watch a rated player. Then try and compare my opinions! Just a fun hobby.

Has anyone else noticed Rae Burrell ? Watching her these last two games ! Someone missed the boat on her ranking!!!!! First you cannot miss her effort and aggressiveness! Unless she is playing way over her head ? She is the biggest steal of this class .......
I think she can guard just about any position.
She makes her foul shots.
Decent shot ... but not sure about the three ?
Her and Green seems to be the only ones who can score under the goal ? Anyway, I am surprised at her low ranking after watching just these two games ? I think she is going to be a good player. JMO

Yes god all recruiting services dropped the ball on her. Sometimes it also depends on what AAU team you play on . Are they well known? Is there alot of exposure? I never realized how long Burrell was. She should have been top 25 at least.

Reactions: dtnvol
I love to follow recruiting. Especially comparing the different sites. Then go to games when possible to watch a rated player. Then try and compare my opinions! Just a fun hobby.

Has anyone else noticed Rae Burrell ? Watching her these last two games ! Someone missed the boat on her ranking!!!!! First you cannot miss her effort and aggressiveness! Unless she is playing way over her head ? She is the biggest steal of this class .......
I think she can guard just about any position.
She makes her foul shots.
Decent shot ... but not sure about the three ?
Her and Green seems to be the only ones who can score under the goal ? Anyway, I am surprised at her low ranking after watching just these two games ? I think she is going to be a good player. JMO

You could see on her film that she was and is going to be a terrific player. She shot 40 percent from the three her senior year thus far hasn't hit any in the first two games. I think if you can do it in high school she will eventually start making them in college. She is going to have a lot of double double games she really rebounds and goes after the ball on the boards.

Reactions: Ladyvolfan4ever
Yes she is long and as i said before also how she`s not top 25 is crazy.

I don't understand why this is an issue. Some players play great while in high school but dosen't while in college, some are even stars in college but couldn't make it in pro, that's sports life of style. One thing players needs to do is keep on fighting..

SC now has the number one class and it could be awesome if any of the remaining players sign with them. We need to get Natasha Mack in our class to give us some experience in the post with KK next season let Key have time to get used to the college game. Looking like some real battles shaping up with SC over the next few seasons.

Reactions: dtnvol and Putbacks
SC now has the number one class and it could be awesome if any of the remaining players sign with them. We need to get Natasha Mack in our class to give us some experience in the post with KK next season let Key have time to get used to the college game. Looking like some real battles shaping up with SC over the next few seasons.

As good as SC's roster is shaping up for next year, they will lack height if they don't land Boston. Their tallest player will be a rail thin freshman, and she's "only" 6'3. If MSST gets Rickea Jackson, I think they will be the better team. Assuming Tennessee, SC and MSST all play to their talent level, all three teams should be mainstays in the in the Top 5-10 and contenders for NCs...which is overall good for the SEC.

Reactions: dtnvol
Yes she is long and as i said before also how she`s not top 25 is crazy.

I don't understand why this is an issue. Some players play great while in high school but dosen't while in college, some are even stars in college but couldn't make it in pro, that's sports life of style. One thing players needs to do is keep on fighting..

As good as SC's roster is shaping up for next year, they will lack height if they don't land Boston. Their tallest player will be a rail thin freshman, and she's "only" 6'3. If MSST gets Rickea Jackson, I think they will be the better team. Assuming Tennessee, SC and MSST all play to their talent level, all three teams should be mainstays in the in the Top 5-10 and contenders for NCs...which is overall good for the SEC.

Thanks to her rehab, Amihere has added 18 pounds to her frame including adding 60 pounds on her bench press, so she’s got a nice head start on her strength and conditioning prior to college.

Thanks to her rehab, Amihere has added 18 pounds to her frame including adding 60 pounds on her bench press, so she’s got a nice head start on her strength and conditioning prior to college.

Wasn’t she All Tourney at the same tourney that Jordan Horston was the MVP? If so pretty good athletes all around coming to the SEC ....

Reactions: dtnvol and Will83

She’s an outstanding leaper and rebounder at only 6’3” and I don’t see any Teaira McCowans in the SEC next year so I doubt height will matter much especially with the game moving towards post who can play on the perimeter and she definitely fits that criteria.

Wasn’t she All Tourney at the same tourney that Jordan Horston was the MVP? If so pretty good athletes all around coming to the SEC ....

No she was all tourney of the u19 worlds... she played three years ahead of the 19’ class.

SC will have some height next year 6-4 LaDazhia Williams 6-3 Laeticia Amihere and two other players at 6-2

Reactions: SCspur
No she was all tourney of the u19 worlds... she played three years ahead of the 19’ class.

Cool cool. Wish her the best I think the SEC is one of the most athletic leagues in the country so that athleticism is something that is on display every night (which is why I think it is special).

You are right about no McCowans but I think there will still be other forwards and posts that she will need to bang with ( I am sure she will adapt like others have). That being said i am sure she will do fine I am sure she will do fine.

Reactions: SCspur
Cool cool. Wish her the best I think the SEC is one of the most athletic leagues in the country so that athleticism is something that is on display every night (which is why I think it is special).

You are right about no McCowans but I think there will still be other forwards and posts that she will need to bang with ( I am sure she will adapt like others have). That being said i am sure she will do fine I am sure she will do fine.

Same for Jordan!! You all got the player I wanted most lol!! She’s a straight problem! With Rickea choosing State, Zia at SC and Jordan at UT these best friends will be battling for years to come!

I think Tish will be fine battling SEC posts. She really impressed me when she went toe to toe with 6’10” China center Xu Han. Great things ahead!

Reactions: VA_VOLFAN
I don't really like our height next season if we don't get Mack. We will have 6'5" Key a freshman and KK who has been playing smaller than her 6'4" size this season. Collins also plays a weird game for 6'3" shooting from the waist. Lou Brown may be recovered and eligible. Saunders will have the size at 6'5" but she is not a power player either at this point in her development.

I don't really like our height next season if we don't get Mack. We will have 6'5" Key a freshman and KK who has been playing smaller than her 6'4" size this season. Collins also plays a weird game for 6'3" shooting from the waist. Lou Brown may be recovered and eligible. Saunders will have the size at 6'5" but she is not a power player either at this point in her development.

Don`t short change Key mark it down she is a tremendous shot blocker and rebounder and has a offensive game to. She will make our post player better next year because they will need go at each other in practice.

Reactions: Pat4life
Don`t short change Key mark it down she is a tremendous shot blocker and rebounder and has a offensive game to. She will make our post player better next year because they will need go at each other in practice.
I'm not shortchanging her plan to watch her during this season. Her biggest problem has been playing time had to sit out almost all her junior season with an injury. I don't doubt she will be a star may take a year at the college level.

I'm not shortchanging her plan to watch her during this season. Her biggest problem has been playing time had to sit out almost all her junior season with an injury. I don't doubt she will be a star may take a year at the college level.

I agree the injury did slow her down. And the reason they made her 5 star is her play over the summer with her the Carolina Flames in the EYBL. She did not score a lot because the team was built around guards and wing players. Note i don`t think she will start over KK. But i think Holly will play her a lot so she can extend the defense.

SC will have some height next year 6-4 LaDazhia Williams 6-3 Laeticia Amihere and two other players at 6-2
LaDazhia is 6'2"...a couple of years ago I was hoping she would pick UT, but chose SC...she hasn't played up to her potential yet...watched their game against Clemson...she needs to play with more confidence...SC looked small with Jennings ailing knee...guard play could be deadly...GO LVFL

Last edited:
My gut tells me, SC gets Boston...🙄

Reactions: JDuro

VN Store

Back