2019 Recruiting Class Rankings

UConn could still be high got some players that haven't committed yet. I like our ranking with only a class of three. SC ranked high is Cooke better than Horston, Beal better than Key, Saunders vs a three star. I guess they are really about equal classes some battles ahead in the future.

Last edited:

Attachments

• Dr_VzVsVsAA8a1N.jpg large.jpg
    Dr_VzVsVsAA8a1N.jpg large.jpg
    291.9 KB · Views: 34
  • Dr_XKmWU4AEq2tz.jpg
    Dr_XKmWU4AEq2tz.jpg
    143.2 KB · Views: 38
UConn could still be high got some players that haven't committed yet. I like our ranking with only a class of three. SC ranked high is Cooke better than Horston, Beal better than Key, Saunders vs a three star. I guess they are really about equal classes some battles ahead in the future.

Laeticia Amihere, 6-3 F, King’s Christian Collegiate (ON), ranked #10 in the 2019 class by espnW, has announced her choice: South Carolina. The Gamecocks’ 2019 class also includes #7 Zia Cooke and #13 Brea Beal.
Dawn Staley adds third five-star 2019 commit with Canadian viral dunking sensation

Reactions: SCspur
Great pick up for south carolina. Laetitia Amihere great dunk lady from Canada committed to S.C

Meanwhile we continue our fall from grace as evident in recruiting, on the court & in attendance. S. Carolina is the new UT. Damn shame Pats probably rolling over 🤦🏿‍♂️

Agree this class 2019 is not equivalent to the last two years! However, we did get the #1 class in 17 and #4 class in 18..... Most highly rated recruits want PLAYING TIME!!!! That is what has hurt us some. Not much PT behind two top 4 recruiting classes! JMO

We did get the #2 overall rated player on 2019 (Jordon Horston). That’s two years 2017 & 2019 we signed the #2 top rated player for that class! What if we continue this trend ? Just Saying! We also got a top ten guard in Zaay Green for 2018. That’s three years in a row with a top ten guard! Let’s keep that trend going? We needed some bigs for our inside game. We got two.... Key didn’t even play a whole season as a junior! (Injury)....Have you ever heard the saying: ( It’s not how you start but how you finish). Let’s see where she ranks at the end of this season. 🤔
Saunders is a big with a lot of potential... let’s see where that goes? Bottom line we got what we needed and then some! JMO

Agree this class 2019 is not equivalent to the last two years! However, we did get the #1 class in 17 and #4 class in 18..... Most highly rated recruits want PLAYING TIME!!!! That is what has hurt us some. JMO

We did get the #2 overall rated player on 2019 (Jordon Horston). That’s two years 2017 & 2019 we signed the #2 top rated player for that class! What if we continue this trend ? Just Saying! We also got a top ten guard in Zaay Green. We needed some bigs for our inside game. We got two.... Key didn’t even play a whole season as a junior! (Injury)....Have you ever heard the saying: ( It’s not how you start but how you finish). Let’s see where she ranks at the end of this season. 🤔
Saunders is a big with a lot of potential... let’s see where that goes? Bottom line we got what we needed and then some! JMO

Agreed! I do agree with attendance however and would like to see it start to trend upwards! However, even Geno complains every year that his attendance is too low.

I know Dawn is a HUGE person who is getting out in the community getting people in the stands. Ive also heard there is a price discrepancy between ours and SC so maybe that could play into it (besides the loss of pats presence, the recent play on the floor, and being more easily accessible online)?

Agree this class 2019 is not equivalent to the last two years! However, we did get the #1 class in 17 and #4 class in 18..... Most highly rated recruits want PLAYING TIME!!!! That is what has hurt us some. Not much PT behind two top 4 recruiting classes! JMO

We did get the #2 overall rated player on 2019 (Jordon Horston). That’s two years 2017 & 2019 we signed the #2 top rated player for that class! What if we continue this trend ? Just Saying! We also got a top ten guard in Zaay Green for 2018. That’s three years in a row with a top ten guard! Let’s keep that trend going? We needed some bigs for our inside game. We got two.... Key didn’t even play a whole season as a junior! (Injury)....Have you ever heard the saying: ( It’s not how you start but how you finish). Let’s see where she ranks at the end of this season. 🤔

Going off high school rankings is just for show in my opinion. Westbrook was #2 but was she really the 2nd best freshmen last season ? A Big NO by far . I can name at least 4 or 5 other freshmen that outplayed and had a better season . Im more into how effective can a player be and what do they bring to the team . Not picking on Evina , but i dont think she belonged anywhere near Top 5 when it came to rankings for 2017. I think i had high expectations of her being #2 and it has not translated thus my frustrations. I do hope she proves me wrong though !

Last edited:
I agree that the numbering system is flawed. Who is to say that #1 is better than #2 who is better than #5 and just because they say so, is it true? IMO the star system is better but is also susceptible to error. Too many variables to support a numbering system.

Reactions: xtpsrh08123
I agree that the numbering system is flawed. Who is to say that #1 is better than #2 who is better than #5 and just because they say so, is it true? IMO the star system is better but is also susceptible to error. Too many variables to support a numbering system.

I love to follow recruiting. Especially comparing the different sites. Then go to games when possible to watch a rated player. Then try and compare my opinions! Just a fun hobby.

Has anyone else noticed Rae Burrell ? Watching her these last two games ! Someone missed the boat on her ranking!!!!! First you cannot miss her effort and aggressiveness! Unless she is playing way over her head ? She is the biggest steal of this class .......
I think she can guard just about any position.
She makes her foul shots.
Decent shot ... but not sure about the three ?
Her and Green seems to be the only ones who can score under the goal ? Anyway, I am surprised at her low ranking after watching just these two games ? I think she is going to be a good player. JMO

VN Store

Back