2019 AD Surplus

WoodsmanVol

It takes wisdom to understand wisdom.
Is this for real? If so, ZOUNDS!!!!! We may hit 1 or 2 million in 2020, if not 6mil.

After dealing with a $6.5 million deficit the previous year, the Tennessee Vols athletic budget reported a nearly $790 million surplus for fiscal year 2019, which ended June 30.
Source: Tennessee Vols morning report: Athletic budget back in black

CRAZY good.

Couple of thoughts.
Wonder how much is increased ticket sales for basketball... don't recall any games at TBA that were not sellouts last season?
Isn't a part of this the delay Fulmer put in place for the Neyland renovations?...if so, very smart move that wasn't super popular at the time.

Reactions: Remy
Revenue
  • Ticket sales: $36.2M ($29M)
  • Contributions: $31.3M ($26.4M)
  • Media rights: $34.9M ($15.2M)
  • Royalties, licensing, advertisement and sponsorships: $13.5 ($10.1M)
Expenses
  • Support staff/administrative compensation, benefits and bonuses: $26.3M ($4.5M)
  • Coaching salaries, benefits and bonuses: $24.6M ($11M)
  • Athletic facilities debt service, leases and rental fee: $16.9M ($11.1M)
  • Athletic student aid: $15.3M ($5.2M)
  • Severance payments: $873,806 ($260,852)

Lol... There's no way that's NOT a typo. Had to be $790,000; not $790 million.
Yep. It is very difficult to go from a deficit of 6.5 million to a surplus of 790 million when you have income about 145-150 million. Someone is cooking the books.

Last edited:
Reactions: AM64
I don't understand the math I guess, seems when you are gifted 44 million in TV revenues with no expense associated with it you would be able to show a surplus? I guess it actually shows they failed to spend all the money! Someone will get canned! Auburn had a 13 million surplus I think? Bama 3 million.

Yep. It is very difficu;t to go from a dficit of 6.5 million to a surplus of 790 million when you have income about 145-150 million. Someone is cooking the books.

No way you can be this far off from cooking the books...Somebody has moved on to Brewing the books.

Reactions: TitanicVolz
where does the TV revenue figure in to this? i didn't see that mentioned in the article at all? there's $44M hanging out looking for something to do?

lol.

I hope I am reading this wrong.....Not surprisingly, men’s basketball's ticket revenue surged to $5.2 million to reflect Tennessee’s 2018-19 season that saw the Vols reach the No. 1 ranking in the country. That marked an increase of about $800,000 in ticket revenue compared to the previous fiscal year.

So all of the basketball ticket revenues go toward paying the coaches salary? Guess football/SEC splits are pulling the load.

Does Garth Brooks concert count for athletic budget ???
He should pay the university for that worthless show. Second worst concert I have ever been to. Ow that being said. I’m not a fan, but the big group of people I was with were all fans and had seen him before, and they all agreed it was bad.

VN Store

Back